- Smaller cities across US opening high-tech crime centers Updated: May-24-16 4:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Michelle Plante scoured a surveillance video for clues, trying to identify the man seen shooting at someone in a Hartford playground recently in broad daylight. Luckily, no children were there, and the man fled into a nearby house after missing his target.
- DuPont spinoff Chemours wins almost $8M in taxpayer money Updated: May-23-16 3:13 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - A state panel on Monday approved almost $8 million in taxpayer money for the Chemours Co., a financially struggling chemicals business spun off from the DuPont Co. The company has not decided whether it will stay in Delaware, however.
- Some forced to leave Delaware for drug addiction treatment Updated: May-22-16 4:23 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Some Delaware residents are going elsewhere to fight drug addictions due to a lack of services in the state.
- High school freshman fatally shot in Wilmington Updated: May-20-16 11:41 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A 15-year-old Delaware high school student has been fatally shot, the second student at his school to die in recent weeks.
- 2 girls charged in fatal school fight waive arraignments Updated: May-19-16 11:31 am
DOVER, Delaware - Two 16-year-old girls charged with conspiracy in a Delaware high school restroom assault that left another girl dead have waived arraignment and are now scheduled for trial.
- New Castle Co. residents report seeing black bear in area Updated: May-19-16 3:02 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - New Castle County police have received reports of black bear sightings in residential areas.
- FOP calls police shooting report 'character assassination' Updated: May-18-16 6:15 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Fraternal Order of Police is accusing Delaware's attorney general of "character assassination" and raw political ambition in his criticism of a Wilmington officer involved in the fatal shooting of an armed man in a wheelchair.
- Delaware restaurant owner charged with bribing IRS officer Updated: May-18-16 4:08 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Federal authorities have charged a Delaware restaurant owner with bribing an Internal Revenue Service officer in an attempt to reduce his liability for hundreds of thousands of dollars in business and personal income taxes.
- Hazmat team, firefighters respond to scrapyard fire Updated: May-18-16 10:10 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Fire and hazardous materials units were called to the scene of a vehicle fire and antifreeze leak at a Wilmington fire.
- Historic 1493 letter on Columbus voyage is returned to Italy Updated: May-18-16 9:54 am
ROME - The U.S. has returned to Italy a letter written by Christopher Columbus in 1493 announcing his discovery of the New World that was stolen from a Florence library and unwittingly acquired by the Library of Congress.
- Construction worker struck, killed by minivan on I-95 Updated: May-17-16 5:53 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a construction worker has been killed after being struck by a vehicle while placing barrels and signs on Interstate 95 in Wilmington.
- Wilmington police unveil data-driven real time crime center Updated: May-17-16 12:46 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police have unveiled a real time crime center that officials hope will change how police deploy officers and respond to public safety issues.
- Teenage boy shot in leg in Wilmington Updated: May-17-16 8:57 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Authorities say a 16-year-old boy is recovering after having been shot in the leg in Wilmington.
- Wilmington police looking for suspect who shot woman Updated: May-16-16 3:15 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police are seeking a suspect who shot a woman in the neck.
- Ethics investigators visit treatment center amid rape probe Updated: May-16-16 11:00 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware regulators have seized documents from an adolescent substance abuse clinic as part of an ethics inquiry after a counselor was accused of covering up a sexual relationship with a teenage patient.
- Wilmington man charged with DUI for 7th time after crash Updated: May-15-16 1:28 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Police say a Wilmington man is facing drunken-driving charges for the seventh time after a crash that injured him and two others.
- Delaware State Police to begin using social media network Updated: May-14-16 2:27 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police say are starting to use a social media network to better connect with communities.
- No charges for 4 officers in killing of man in wheelchair Updated: May-12-16 5:32 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Criminal charges cannot be brought against four Wilmington police officers involved in the fatal shooting of a man in a wheelchair, although one officer exhibited "extraordinarily poor" police work and should not be allowed to carry a gun in public, the Delaware attorney general's office concluded in a report released Thursday.
- Gunman robs Wilmington cellphone store Updated: May-12-16 5:28 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police are looking for a man who robbed a Wilmington cellphone store at gunpoint.
- Wilmington mayoral debate rescheduled after student's death Updated: May-11-16 8:53 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Wilmington mayoral debate on public safety has been rescheduled after having been canceled following a 16-year-old's fatal assault at the school where the event was planned.
- 14-year-old boy shot in Wilmington Updated: May-10-16 8:19 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Police say a 14-year-old boy is recovering after arriving at Wilmington Hospital with a gunshot wound.
- Law seeks to stop razing of historic New Castle properties Updated: May-09-16 8:43 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - New Castle County could create safeguards in hopes of preventing historically significant properties from becoming too dilapidated to repair.
- Police submit results of probe into fatal school fight Updated: May-05-16 6:35 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Results of a Wilmington police investigation into a high school restroom fight that left a 16-year-old girl dead have been turned over to state prosecutors, who will decide whether criminal charges should be filed.
- Delaware man pleads guilty to dealing heroin, meth Updated: May-04-16 4:24 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A man from Bear has pleaded guilty to obtaining heroin and meth from Mexico and selling the drugs in Delaware.
- Republicans seek to yank police funding offer to Wilmington Updated: May-03-16 4:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Republican lawmakers are seeking to rescind more than $1.5 million in bank settlement money offered to city of Wilmington by legislative budget writers to help fight crime because of the city's refusal to abide by conditions attached to the offer.