- Wilmington police, fire departments' overtime costs top $3M Updated: Apr-28-16 9:22 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington City Council members are frustrated that the Wilmington police and fire departments' overtime costs are more than $800,000 over budget with three months left to go in the fiscal year.
- Girls involved in fatal fight at Delaware school suspended Updated: Apr-27-16 2:55 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Three students involved in a fight that ended in a teenager's death at a Delaware school have been suspended, a school district spokeswoman said.
- 2 juveniles arrested after Wilmington mayor's car stolen Updated: Apr-27-16 2:27 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington police say they have recovered a stolen car belonging to Mayor Dennis Williams.
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton win Delaware primaries Updated: Apr-26-16 9:06 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump won their respective presidential primaries in Delaware on Tuesday with comfortable margins, further padding their leads over their opponents in the delegate count.
- DuPont reports sales down 6 percent on strong dollar Updated: Apr-26-16 3:28 pm
Chemicals giant DuPont Co.'s sales fell 6 percent from a year earlier in the first quarter to $7.4 billion, as the strong dollar and lower volumes weighed on its earnings.
- Clinton, Trump try to fend off competition in Delaware Updated: Apr-25-16 5:33 pm
DOVER, Delaware - For the first time in recent memory, Delaware's presidential primary could make a difference on the national political stage. Unlike in past contests, Democrats and Republicans will be voting Tuesday with neither major party yet having a clear presumptive nominee. Whoever wins the GOP primary will have the support of the state's 16 delegates, at least on the first ballot, at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Delaware Democrats will be sending 31 delegates to their party's national convention in Philadelphia, including 10 superdelegates. The other 21 delegates will be apportioned between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders based on Tuesday's results.
- Police: Man robs Dunkin Donuts in Wilmington area Updated: Apr-24-16 4:48 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - State police say a man robbed a doughnut shop in the Wilmington area.
- Clinton campaign rally set Monday in Wilmington Updated: Apr-23-16 5:05 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is heading to Wilmington for a campaign rally.
- Sanders to campaign in Baltimore and in Delaware Updated: Apr-22-16 4:44 pm
BALTIMORE - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders will campaign in Maryland and Delaware this weekend.
- Police: Teen shot by officer had taken out replica gun Updated: Apr-22-16 10:59 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Police in Delaware say a 17-year-old boy who was shot in the knee after a foot chase pointed a replica gun at an officer before being shot.
- The Latest: Student says she saw deadly restroom fight Updated: Apr-21-16 4:26 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Latest on a 16-year-old girl who died after a fight broke out in a high school restroom in Delaware (all times local):
- Man arrested after home invasion in Wilmington Updated: Apr-19-16 6:23 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - New Castle County Police have arrested a man in connection with a home invasion in which shots were fired.
- Wilmington residents push for reopening of Boys & Girls Club Updated: Apr-16-16 4:16 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington residents are urging officials to reopen a Boys & Girls Club in the city.
- Judge: Newspaper must turn over interview video clips Updated: Apr-13-16 7:51 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Delaware judge has ruled that The News Journal must turn over previously unpublished video clips of an interview with a man before he was charged with murder.
- Bill forces some Wilmington officials to disclose back taxes Updated: Apr-08-16 7:36 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington officials have passed legislation that requires some city employees to disclose overdue parking tickets, back water bills and delinquent taxes.
- The Latest: Charged 700 percent interest lenders post bail Updated: Apr-07-16 5:36 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Latest on Payday Lending Indictment (all times local):
- Carjacking suspect found after wife reported him missing Updated: Apr-07-16 7:45 am
NEWARK, Delaware - Authorities say a Wilmington man accused of carjacking a vehicle to leave a Newark hospital has been safely returned to his bed.
- Man charged with drug, traffic crimes after vehicle pursuit Updated: Apr-06-16 8:02 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police have charged a man with drug and traffic offenses after, they say, he led officers on a vehicle chase.
- Judge refuses to dismiss lawsuit by widow of slain officer Updated: Apr-05-16 5:43 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Delaware judge says the widow of a New Castle County police officer can pursue claims against a company that made and sold bath salts allegedly used by his killer.
- Man kicked by police officer pleads guilty to gun charges Updated: Apr-05-16 3:20 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Delaware man who was seen on police dashboard camera video being kicked in the head by a Dover police officer in a racially-charged case from 2013 has pleaded guilty to unrelated gun charges.
- The Latest: NTSB: Train going 106 mph in 110 mph zone Updated: Apr-04-16 6:02 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Sunday's derailment of an Amtrak train outside Philadelphia (all times local):
- 1 dead, 1 injured after shooting at Wilmington restaurant Updated: Apr-01-16 7:38 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Police in Delaware are investigating after an early morning shooting at a restaurant in Wilmington left one person dead and a second person injured.
- Wilmington mayor proposes no tax increase in city's budget Updated: Apr-01-16 6:23 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington's mayor says he is not planning to have any tax increases in the city's upcoming budget.
- Firefighter union asks city to remove Wilmington fire chief Updated: Mar-31-16 4:35 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The union representing Wilmington's firefighters has submitted a letter to city officials notifying them they have "no confidence" in the department's leader, Fire Chief Anthony S. Goode.
- Officials investigating fatal shooting of 40-year-old man Updated: Mar-31-16 2:26 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Authorities are investigating the fatal shooting of a 40-year-old man in Wilmington.