- Man charged after police seize 1,200+ bags of heroin at home Updated: Jul-29-15 12:04 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A 41-year-old man has been arrested after police say more than 1,200 bags of heroin were seized from his home.
- DuPont cuts forecast on agriculture sales drop Updated: Jul-28-15 9:24 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - DuPont's second-quarter profit fell 12 percent, and the chemical company lowered its forecast for the year after a stronger dollar and a sales drop in its agriculture segment affected results.
- $15M bond sought for proposed Wilmington stock exchange Updated: Jul-28-15 6:58 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A new Delaware company led by prominent figures in national financial and political circles is seeking a $15 million bond from New Castle County to create a stock exchange headquartered in Wilmington.
- Woman found dead in Wilmington cornfield Updated: Jul-27-15 7:01 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Police say a 28-year-old woman who was found dead in a cornfield in Wilmington took her own life.
- Man charged with gun offense after traffic stop Updated: Jul-27-15 4:52 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police have arrested a passenger during a traffic stop after he ran from officers.
- Del. police: Man shoots clerk during gas station robbery Updated: Jul-26-15 4:18 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - State police say they've obtained surveillance footage of a man suspected of shooting a gas station clerk during a robbery.
- Dover seeks to attract more young professionals to city Updated: Jul-25-15 9:06 am
DOVER, Delaware - Diane Doyle has a youthful air about her. Whether it is selling lemonade outside of NASCAR races or driving nine miles to get to the post office during Firefly, the 78-year-old is always looking for the positive and fun side of things.
- Del. festival to celebrate Bob Marley's legacy for 21st year Updated: Jul-25-15 5:20 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The 21st annual Peoples Festival for Peace and Tribute to Bob Marley will be held this weekend in Wilmington.
- Boyfriend charged with killing woman found dead on slide Updated: Jul-24-15 5:53 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police have charged a man with killing his girlfriend, whose body was found on a slide in a playground.
- Man robs Wilmington pizza restaurant Updated: Jul-23-15 3:01 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police are looking for a man who robbed a Wilmington restaurant.
- Del. attorney general says 2 officers justified in shooting Updated: Jul-20-15 5:43 pm
Delaware's attorney general's office says a shooting by two Wilmington police officers that left a man a quadriplegic was justified.
- Man arrested leaving home after burglary is reported Updated: Jul-20-15 3:02 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - New Castle County Police arrested a man leaving a Wilmington home that had just been broken into.
- Police: Fleeing man hid guns, ammunition at youth cottage Updated: Jul-20-15 5:59 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington police say a man who fled a traffic stop hid loaded guns and ammunition at a youth cottage while fleeing.
- Man fatally shot in Wilmington, Delaware Updated: Jul-17-15 4:03 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police say a man was fatally shot Lancaster Avenue and DuPont Street.
- Correction: Wilmington Shooting story Updated: Jul-17-15 9:31 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - In a story July 15 about a shooting in Wilmington, The Associated Press reported erroneously where the shooting occurred. Police say the shooting victim was found in a movie theater parking lot, but the shooting occurred elsewhere.
- Man robs Wilmington, Delaware, bank Updated: Jul-15-15 9:04 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police are looking for a man who robbed a bank.
- Animal center ends contracts with Delaware counties Updated: Jul-15-15 12:44 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - First State Animal Center is cancelling its contracts for all three Delaware counties and the city of Wilmington after the state's decision to hand more responsibilities to its Office of Animal Welfare.
- Public defenders continue push to reopen drug cases Updated: Jul-15-15 10:44 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware's public defenders have continued their push to reopen hundreds of drug cases by saying that the state should not be allowed to argue that one drug felon can withdraw his guilty plea while hundreds of others cannot.
- Driver killed when car crashes into school bus Updated: Jul-14-15 5:34 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police say one person was killed when the car he was driving crashed into a school bus. No children were on the bus, officers said.
- Gunman robs pharmacy in Wilmington, Delaware Updated: Jul-13-15 9:07 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police are looking for a man who robbed a pharmacy at gunpoint.
- Officials investigate fire that damaged Wilmington house Updated: Jul-13-15 3:09 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Officials say a fire has heavily damaged a house in Wilmington.
- Wilmington hospital staff become children's superheroes Updated: Jul-12-15 9:05 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Six-year-old Mason Seymour is a superhero fanatic.
- Man reportedly shot in face goes missing in New Castle Co. Updated: Jul-11-15 3:02 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - State and New Castle County police are investigating the report of a man shot in the face who then went missing.
- Pit bull-only requirements dropped in Wilmington Updated: Jul-10-15 4:29 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Wilmington City Council has changed a law to ensure that owners of pit bulls are treated no differently from the owners of other types of dogs.
- No injuries Delaware train derailment Updated: Jul-10-15 3:47 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Authorities say six freight cars on an East Penn Railway train have derailed in Wilmington. No injuries were reported, and transportation officials warn that traffic in the area is being delayed.