- Yemeni officials: Airstrike kills 11 from same family Updated: May-25-16 10:01 am
SANAA, Yemen - The death toll of a suspected Saudi-led coalition airstrike that hit a family's house in southern Yemen has been raised to 11, including four children from one family, security officials and witnesses said Wednesday.
- In Yemen's war, untreated cancer patients wait for death Updated: May-19-16 2:22 am
TAIZ, Yemen - When Ali Ghanem's doctors told him his cancer had spread from his colon to his backbone, they said they didn't have the facilities to give him the needed radiation treatment in his home city of Taiz, in central Yemen, and that he needed to get to the capital.
- UN warns that 7.6 million Yemenis are "one step" from famine Updated: May-17-16 5:59 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The director of U.N. humanitarian operations warned Tuesday that 7.6 million people in conflict-torn Yemen face severe food shortages and are "one step" from famine.
- The 'untouchables' of Yemen caught in crossfire of war Updated: May-17-16 10:41 am
SANAA, Yemen - They are Yemen's untouchables.
- In south Yemen, local authorities ban qat, a mild narcotic Updated: May-16-16 12:12 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Southern Yemen's local authorities on Monday banned the selling of qat, a plant whose leaves are chewed for a stimulant effect, a widespread tradition among Yemeni men.