- 4 charged with murder after 16-year-old fell out of truck Updated: Jun-28-15 3:01 pm
CARY, North Carolina - Four young North Carolina residents have been charged with first-degree murder in the death of a 16-year-old who fell out of a fleeing truck.
- 2 charged in hit-and-run death of pedestrian in Raleigh Updated: Jun-27-15 3:33 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Raleigh police have charged two people after the car they were in struck a man who had gotten out of his own car to check on a traffic accident.
- Ruling came long after gay marriage began in North Carolina Updated: Jun-26-15 4:10 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The U.S. Supreme Court's decision legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states doesn't change what's been happening in North Carolina, since federal judges last October overturned the state's constitutional amendment that limited marriage to a man and a woman.
- Fast-growing North Carolina region at odds over traffic jams Updated: Jun-26-15 1:51 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Like many fast-growing parts of the country, North Carolina's Triangle region is trying to avoid being strangled by its own success: Traffic is thickening, drivers are getting stuck in it and there's no simple solution in sight.
- Coverage worries persist amid relief over health care ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 2:01 am
CHICAGO - Throughout the country, relief was the dominant emotion among consumers who get help from the government to lower their health insurance costs following Thursday's Supreme Court ruling upholding the subsidies underpinning President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
- NC reactions mixed as Supreme Court keeps health subsidies Updated: Jun-25-15 5:29 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Substitute teacher Kim Jones of Wake Forest said Thursday's U.S. Supreme Court decision allows her to keep receiving help to pay for the health insurance she credits for saving her life.
- Hagan going forward 'not as an elected US senator' Updated: Jun-24-15 7:41 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Former U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan said Wednesday there's still much work ahead to help North Carolina residents, but she won't be trying to go back to Washington for another six-year term to do it.
- NC NAACP president to lead Bible study on love, justice Updated: Jun-24-15 4:05 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The president of the state chapter of the NAACP is holding a Bible study about love and justice to commemorate the deaths of nine people shot to death at a church in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Wake County school bus driver charged with assault Updated: Jun-23-15 10:07 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Wake County school bus driver has been arrested and charged with assaulting two children.
- Peacock wins Miss North Carolina crown, Miss America next Updated: Jun-21-15 11:43 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The annual Miss North Carolina crown is passed to a new winner who is on her way to the Miss America pageant in September.
- Second suspect charged in 2009 shooting, killing of man Updated: Jun-18-15 6:58 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two days after recharging a man in connection with a 2009 homicide, Raleigh police have arrested another man in the case.
- Woman found dead inside a car in Raleigh parking lot Updated: Jun-18-15 2:58 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police say a 65-year-old woman was found dead inside her car in the parking lot of a southeast Raleigh shopping center.
- Woman sentenced in connection with Lejeune masonry projects Updated: Jun-17-15 5:03 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors say a Florida woman who set up a phony small business to qualify for $30 million in federal masonry projects, including two at Camp Lejeune (luh-JERN'), has been sentenced to 30 months behind bars.
- Child on bicycle hit by vehicle in Raleigh Updated: Jun-17-15 9:28 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A 12-year-old boy has been seriously injured in Raleigh after being hit by a car on his bicycle.
- Raleigh police arrest man in 2009 Halloween death Updated: Jun-17-15 6:40 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police in Raleigh have arrested a man in a 2009 Halloween shooting death.
- Heat advisory issued for central and eastern North Carolina Updated: Jun-15-15 10:32 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Forecasters say dangerous heat is expected across much of central and eastern North Carolina.
- Heat advisory issued for counties in the Carolinas Updated: Jun-14-15 4:31 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The National Weather Service is issuing a heat advisory for counties up and down the Carolinas coast.
- PETA sues to challenge new law that allows opossum tradition Updated: Jun-14-15 12:33 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is challenging a new law designed to preserve a western North Carolina New Year's Eve tradition involving a live, wild opossum.
- North Carolina likely to sell never used ferry for scrap Updated: Jun-13-15 12:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina is likely going to sell a ferry boat it bought for $277,000 more than a decade ago and never used for scrap.
- NC capitol celebrates 175th birthday with big party Updated: Jun-13-15 6:21 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina is getting ready to celebrate the 175th birthday of its capitol building.
- Violin expert instrumental in recovering stolen goods Updated: Jun-12-15 8:41 pm
ATLANTA - Stolen oboes, trumpets and ornate, hand-crafted violins, valued all together at more than $100,000, have been recovered thanks to the keen observations and collaboration of music shop employees in Georgia and North Carolina.
- Private-school voucher program on hold for NC Supreme Court Updated: Jun-12-15 3:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A state program that uses taxpayer money to pay student tuition at private and religious schools is headed for uncertainty for the second straight year as North Carolina judge grapple with whether it's constitutional.
- 4 charged in weekend shooting in Raleigh that left 1 dead Updated: Jun-11-15 11:34 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Raleigh police have made four arrests stemming from a weekend shooting in a park near the North Carolina State campus that left one man dead and another wounded.
- Raleigh mobile home park getting storm shelter Updated: Jun-11-15 7:00 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A mobile home park in Raleigh that is getting a storm shelter through a federal grant is asking city and county officials to chip in to make it a community center as well.
- NC says $9.7M could be owed on delayed Medicaid payments Updated: Jun-10-15 8:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina government owes up to nearly $10 million to Medicaid service providers whose payments were delayed - some dating back nearly two years to the start of a new computer billing system.