- Civic center theater's 90-year history revealed Updated: May-25-16 2:02 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Nearly 90 years ago, an auditorium was added to the then-Laramie High School. After several transformations, the building is now called the Laramie Plains Civic Center and houses a popular local venue.
- McGinity recalls time as UW president Updated: May-23-16 1:40 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Laurie Nichols took the position of University of Wyoming president last week, allowing Dick McGinity to step back from his leadership position and reflect on his accomplishments.
- UW sexual assaults report up, alcohol, drug crimes down Updated: May-19-16 1:10 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The number of sexual assaults reported at the University of Wyoming has increased, which officials say may be because of increased access to information.
- Indiana man, 20, killed in crash on icy road near Laramie Updated: May-19-16 12:22 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Authorities say a 20-year-old Indiana man was killed when the SUV he was in went off a wet and icy road south of Laramie.
- Funding for UW performance center nearly complete Updated: May-16-16 12:33 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Construction on a $44 million addition to the Rochelle Athletics Center at the University of Wyoming is expected to begin this summer.
- UW trustees get new leader Updated: May-16-16 10:50 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Saratoga attorney John MacPherson is the new president of the University of Wyoming Board of Trustees.
- Snow advisory in southeast Wyoming mountains Updated: May-16-16 10:36 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - More snow is in the forecast for the mountains in southeast Wyoming, while some rivers are still running high in that part of the state.
- Balow to feds: Don't meddle in Wyoming on transgender issue Updated: May-13-16 6:00 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming education superintendent Jillian Balow says the federal government shouldn't tell state educators how to handle sensitive issues such as which restrooms transgender students should use.
- UW trustees reduce internal spending Updated: May-13-16 1:15 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Facing budget cuts that will likely mean cutting jobs, University of Wyoming trustees approved reductions in their own expenses although some trustees said they could do more.
- Wyoming Supreme Court upholds Laramie cold case conviction Updated: May-12-16 8:38 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Supreme Court on Thursday upheld a Laramie man's attempted rape conviction in a cold case dating from 1972.
- Police search for woman who robbed bank in Laramie Updated: May-11-16 11:40 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Police are looking for a woman who robbed a bank in Laramie.
- Governor asks University of Wyoming to cut $35 million more Updated: May-11-16 8:39 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Providing the first hard numbers on how the state's deepening budget crisis is affecting Wyoming, Gov. Matt Mead said the University of Wyoming needs to cut $35 million from its just-approved two-year budget because of falling state energy revenues.
- Former UW star joins US national team Updated: May-10-16 1:09 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - From the first day she could dribble a basketball, Marquelle Dent said she has had the dream of playing professional basketball.
- Wild weather in Rocky Mountains pushing into Plains Updated: May-08-16 10:29 pm
DENVER - A large storm that brought a series of tornadoes to eastern Colorado has dumped up to a foot of snow in Wyoming and is bringing severe weather to the Great Plains as it pushes east.
- UW relying more on non-tenured educators Updated: May-08-16 5:46 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming is relying on non-tenured educators to cope with an increasing number of departing tenured professors who are leaving because of retirement or other job opportunities.
- Millions of bees released in interstate crash Updated: May-06-16 1:35 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - A semi carrying beehives crashed on a Wyoming highway, unleashing millions of bees that hovered in a giant swarm over the roadway.
- UW makers lab prints, cuts, etches new designs, objects Updated: May-04-16 11:47 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming art department now has its own ability to etch and print objects, and they're willing to share.
- Conway makes switch from basketball to football Updated: May-03-16 5:56 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Austin Conway is switching sports at Wyoming.
- Yarbrough signs as free agent with Broncos Updated: May-02-16 10:54 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Former Wyoming defensive end Eddie Yarbrough has signed a three-year free agent contract with his hometown Denver Broncos.
- UW struggles to fill positions during state hiring freeze Updated: May-01-16 2:50 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Though some exceptions have been made so the University of Wyoming can continue filling opening positions during Gov. Matt Mead's state-wide hiring freeze, the university is struggling to support all of its departments.
- Rural fire protection lacking for some residents Updated: Apr-30-16 4:32 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Residents in rural areas of Wyoming are concerned about fire protection as housing continues to expand into the countryside.
- 8 Wyoming football games to be nationally televised Updated: Apr-29-16 4:23 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The Mountain West Conference and its national television partners have released the remainder of this fall's conference games that will be televised nationally.
- Wyoming to play in Las Vegas basketball tournament Updated: Apr-28-16 5:07 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The Wyoming men's basketball team will play in the Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic next season.
- Wyoming DE Yarbrough looks for shot at NFL Updated: Apr-28-16 12:33 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The last five months have been quite the adventure for Eddie Yarbrough.
- Bohl names Josh Allen starting QB heading into fall camp Updated: Apr-27-16 12:52 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Third-year University of Wyoming football coach Craig Bohl didn't use many words to describe how the past month of spring football went.