- Major Whittier cemetery to use entirely recycled water Updated: Aug-20-15 5:41 am
WHITTIER, California - A sprawling 700-acre cemetery in Southern California has announced it will all recycled water to irrigate its lawns.
- Police say LA-area nursing home recruited felons as patients Updated: Aug-19-15 8:59 pm
SOUTH PASADENA, California - South Pasadena's police chief says he'll ask for criminal charges to be filed against a nursing home where a patient walked away last year, doused herself with gasoline and set herself on fire.
- Antibiotic-resistant 'superbug' found at California hospital Updated: Aug-19-15 8:28 pm
PASADENA, California - A Los Angeles-area hospital said Wednesday that some of its patients contracted an antibiotic-resistant "superbug" that has been linked to a type of medical scope and infected dozens of people around the country.
- Poor roots, water weight may have toppled tree onto children Updated: Aug-14-15 12:32 am
PASADENA, California - An 85-foot-tall tree that fell in a Pasadena park last month, injuring eight children, had root problems, was leaning and may have absorbed a heavy load of water from a recent storm, according to an arborist's report released Thursday.
- Man, teenage girl survive crash 400 feet down embankment Updated: Aug-10-15 9:02 am
PASADENA, California - Authorities say a teenage girl and a young man survived with non-life threatening injuries after the car they were in plunged more than 400 feet down an embankment off the Angeles Crest Highway above Pasadena.