- Will Smith among NAACP Image Awards attendees and presenters Updated: Feb-01-16 10:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Will Smith doesn't plan to be at the Academy Awards, but he's scheduled to attend the NAACP Image Awards.
- Pasadena burglars shatter store door, snatch 90 smartphones Updated: Jan-24-16 3:54 pm
PASADENA, California - Pasadena police are searching for three burglars who shattered the glass front door of a store and snatched 90 smartphones.
- Jackie Robinson's widow says baseball lags on diversity Updated: Jan-19-16 9:47 pm
PASADENA, California - A roundup of news Monday from the Television Critics Association winter meeting, at which TV networks and streaming services are presenting details on upcoming programs.
- Loretta Lynn: Feeling 'great' at 83, no reason to retire Updated: Jan-19-16 6:33 pm
PASADENA, California - Loretta Lynn's new record, her first studio album in more than a decade, likely won't be her last.
- Chicago brings Dick Wolf back to fore at NBC Updated: Jan-19-16 1:27 pm
PASADENA, California - With all the changes in television over the past few decades, Dick Wolf has remained resilient and is now resurgent.
- Buress calls impact of his Cosby joke 'weird,' unexpected Updated: Jan-17-16 9:59 pm
PASADENA, California - Hannibal Buress calls it a weird surprise that his Bill Cosby "rapist" joke precipitated the star's fall from grace.
- 'Making a Murderer' filmmakers say they expected backlash Updated: Jan-17-16 5:48 pm
PASADENA, California - The filmmakers behind Netflix's "Making a Murderer" documentary say they expected a backlash that would lead people in the media to demonize Steven Avery, the Wisconsin man whose prosecution in the 2005 death of a woman formed the centerpiece of the 10-part series issued last month.
- Netflix chief says 2016 will bring emphasis on family shows Updated: Jan-17-16 3:42 pm
PASADENA, California - Netflix says it will make a special effort to produce programming for children and families, with the streaming service offering 20 new programs in the category this year led by the Feb. 26 premiere of the "Fuller House" remake.
- Gooding said he didn't want to meet with O.J. Simpson Updated: Jan-16-16 10:19 pm
PASADENA, California - Actor Cuba Gooding, Jr., who portrays O.J. Simpson in FX's 10-part miniseries on the 1995 murder trial, said he didn't want to meet the former football star as part of his research for taking on the role.
- Maher: I want a presidential appearance for birthday Updated: Jan-15-16 5:48 pm
PASADENA, California - Bill Maher is hoping for a visit from President Barack Obama for his 60th birthday.
- 'Idol' stars sound unconvinced this will be last season Updated: Jan-15-16 5:02 pm
PASADENA, California - Fox is calling this the farewell season of "American Idol," but the stars involved with the singing contest sound unconvinced.
- A party or a talk show? Kardashian tries something new Updated: Jan-15-16 9:10 am
PASADENA, California - Say what you want about the Kardashians, they know how to take care of the family business.
- Steve Carell brings parody back to TV with 'Angie Tribeca' Updated: Jan-15-16 8:52 am
PASADENA, California - In the grandly silly tradition of "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" comes TV police show parody "Angie Tribeca," which started as a husband and wife's private joke.
- Caitlyn Jenner focuses on advocacy in new season of TV show Updated: Jan-14-16 10:32 pm
PASADENA, California - Caitlyn Jenner changed her life last year. Now she's living it.
- LeBron James enters reality TV fray with 'Cleveland Hustles' Updated: Jan-14-16 5:40 pm
PASADENA, California - LeBron James is getting into reality TV. Think business, not catfights.
- USA network tries to take advantage of 'Mr. Robot' wins Updated: Jan-14-16 4:03 pm
PASADENA, California - The creator of "Mr. Robot" promises more twists for the show's second season, as USA moves to take advantage of two Golden Globe Awards for the freshman drama that is a key part of its strategy to appeal to a younger and hipper audience.
- NBC's entertainment chief defends Trump appearance Updated: Jan-14-16 1:09 am
PASADENA, California - NBC's entertainment chief said Wednesday he saw no contradiction in having Donald Trump host "Saturday Night Live" less than six months after the network severed its business ties with the GOP presidential front-runner for remarks about Mexican immigrants.
- NBC: Fallon in best shape ever despite falls Updated: Jan-13-16 6:36 pm
PASADENA, California - Jimmy Fallon's series of falls have raised some concern among NBC executives, but the network entertainment chief said Wednesday that the late-night comic is "in better shape than he's ever been."
- Nielsen: 31.3 million watched Obama's last State of Union Updated: Jan-13-16 6:27 pm
PASADENA, California - The Nielsen company says 31.3 million people watched President Barack Obama deliver his last State of the Union, his smallest audience for the annual speech.
- Cable news network Al Jazeera America to shut down Updated: Jan-13-16 3:47 pm
PASADENA, California - The Al Jazeera America cable news network said Wednesday it will shut down two and a half years after its launch, a victim of a rough business environment and political headwinds it could not conquer.
- Caltech professor suspended for harassment complaints Updated: Jan-13-16 9:36 am
LOS ANGELES - A Caltech professor has been suspended for gender-based harassment following an investigation into complaints made by two graduate students.
- New CBS entertainment chief vows more prime-time diversity Updated: Jan-12-16 6:35 pm
PASADENA, California - CBS is committed to increasing the diversity of its prime-time series, the network's new programming chief said, offering himself as evidence.
- CBS to unveil new technology for Super Bowl 50 broadcast Updated: Jan-12-16 5:54 pm
PASADENA, California - The Super Bowl is turning 50, although the game played next month on America's informal national holiday will hardly be showing its age because of new gadgetry CBS Sports is debuting.
- 2 killed, 5 injured in 2-car crash at Pasadena intersection Updated: Jan-12-16 9:08 am
PASADENA, California - Authorities say two people were killed and five others were injured in a two-car crash at a Pasadena intersection.
- New management maps a radically changed TBS and TNT Updated: Jan-11-16 3:53 pm
PASADENA, California - To make room for the set of "Animal Kingdom," a new TNT drama coming this summer, producers had to destroy the family home from "The Waltons" on a Hollywood soundstage.