- Timberwolves come back from 18 down to stun Raptors, 117-112 Updated: Feb-10-16 10:56 pm
- Short-handed Flames hold on for 4-3 win over Maple Leafs Updated: Feb-10-16 1:30 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Flames center Markus Granlund made the most of his opportunity after three teammates were benched.
- Boucher leads Devils over Oilers 2-1 on Brodeur's big night Updated: Feb-10-16 12:34 am
- Clippers suspend Blake Griffin 4 games without pay for punch Updated: Feb-09-16 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin was suspended four games without pay on Tuesday for punching a team staff member, and the Los Angeles Clippers will dock the star forward's pay for an additional game because he broke his shooting hand.
- Jozy Altidore determined to avoid injury in a big year ahead Updated: Feb-09-16 2:56 pm
CARSON, California - Jozy Altidore feels he has watched far too many of the United States' biggest games from the sidelines over the past nine years, so he decided to do something about it.
- Senators get Phaneuf from Maple Leafs in 9-player trade Updated: Feb-09-16 2:23 pm
General manager Lou Lamoriello plans to exhaust the alphabet from A to Z to improve the Toronto Maple Leafs. His latest move was trading the man who has worn the "C'' on his chest for the past six seasons.
- Marv Albert gets contract extension to call NBA on TNT Updated: Feb-09-16 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Veteran announcer Marv Albert has agreed to a multiyear contract extension with TNT to call NBA games.
- AP source: Donaldson, Blue Jays nearing $28.65M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-09-16 10:49 am
NEW YORK - AL MVP Josh Donaldson and the Toronto Blue Jays are nearing agreement on a $28.65 million, two-year contract, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- Raptors beat Pistons 103-89, have won 14 of 15 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:11 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - When Andre Drummond's shot from about 80 feet dropped straight through the net to end the third quarter, Toronto's lead was down to five points, and it looked like this game against the Detroit Pistons might come down to the wire.
- Witness in ex-CBC host assault trial says she misled police Updated: Feb-08-16 8:31 pm
TORONTO - The third witness at the sexual assault trial of a former Canadian Broadcast Corp. radio host acknowledged that she deliberately misled police when she didn't tell them that she had engaged in some sexual activity with him after the alleged assault took place.
- Pitcher Gavin Floyd agrees to $1M, 1-year deal with Toronto Updated: Feb-08-16 12:54 pm
TORONTO - Right-hander Gavin Floyd and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a $1 million, one-year contract.
- Chuck, Shaq, Kenny offer fresh ideas for All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-08-16 2:37 am
The Splash Brothers have turned the 3-point contest into must-see TV. Zach LaVine made the dunk contest cool again.
- Lazar has 2 goals, Karlsson 4 assists; Sens beat Leafs 6-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:10 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - The Ottawa Senators desperately needed something to go right. Pretty much everything did Saturday night.
- 3 people dead after Toronto fire in seniors' building Updated: Feb-06-16 4:15 pm
TORONTO - Police say three people are dead, and 15 others are hospitalized for various injuries following a fire at a seniors' building in Toronto.
- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M Updated: Feb-06-16 1:40 pm
PHOENIX - Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.
- NBA All-Star weekend: A primer on what to watch in Toronto Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 am
Hockey and Toronto are synonymous, with the sport's Hall of Fame being housed there and the Maple Leafs being one of the NHL's "Original Six" franchises. And sports like baseball, rugby, yachting and curling all have history in the city going back to the 19th century.
- David Aardsma agrees to minor league contract with Blue Jays Updated: Feb-05-16 11:42 am
Pitcher David Aardsma has agreed to a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and will report to big league spring training.
- Raptors hold off Blazers for 110-103 victory Updated: Feb-05-16 11:23 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Kyle Lowry credited backcourt teammate DeMar DeRozan for Toronto's latest win.
- Parenteau's shootout goal gives Leafs 3-2 win over Devils Updated: Feb-05-16 12:08 am
TORONTO - Moments after his 1,000th NHL game - and 546th win - Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock laid out his long-range blueprint.
- Curry to defend 3-point title, big men in Skills Challenge Updated: Feb-04-16 11:57 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry will defend his title in the 3-point contest, Zach LaVine will try for another dunk championship and some All-Star big men will compete for the Skills Challenge crown.
- Essentials: Toronto, from what's new to classic attractions Updated: Feb-04-16 12:37 pm
TORONTO - Grab your toque (what Canadians call a wool hat) and get your game face on if you're heading for the NBA All-Star Game in the 6ix -a term coined by rapper Drake, Toronto's unofficial ambassador, for his hometown.
- Blue Jays will have dirt infield in time for coming season Updated: Feb-03-16 7:03 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays are installing a dirt infield at the Rogers Centre for the first time but say it is too early to determine whether they would replace artificial turf with grass in some future season.
- Blazers beat Bucks 107-95 for 5th straight win Updated: Feb-03-16 1:59 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - CJ McCollum is hardly surprised the Trail Blazers are having more success.
- Lowry, Raptors hold off Suns, spoil Watson's coaching debut Updated: Feb-03-16 12:46 am
- Parenteau scores in OT, Leafs come back to beat Bruins 4-3 Updated: Feb-02-16 11:44 pm
BOSTON - The Toronto Maple Leafs had plenty to celebrate Tuesday night.