- Slumping Blue Jays fall short again in 2-1 loss to Rangers Updated: May-02-16 11:37 pm
TORONTO - Expected to be an offensive force, the Toronto Blue Jays aren't getting enough out of their big bats.
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future Updated: May-02-16 5:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers turned what was supposed to be a transitional season into one filled with promise.
- Prince Harry, Canada's Trudeau mark wounded soldiers event Updated: May-02-16 11:47 am
TORONTO - Two of the world's social media superstars - Britain's Prince Harry and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau - are counting down to the 2017 Invictus Games, a sports competition for wounded, injured and sick service personnel.
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years Updated: May-02-16 2:23 am
TORONTO - After a decade and a half of playoff disappointment, the Toronto Raptors finally got to enjoy a celebratory night of hugs, kisses and happy families.
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 Updated: May-02-16 12:31 am
TORONTO - DeMar DeRozan pushed the Toronto Raptors into the second round - finally.
- Portland beat Toronto 2-1, LA and Kansas draw 1-1 Updated: May-01-16 11:45 pm
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 Updated: May-01-16 10:54 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade took a moment before tipoff Sunday to reflect on all that his Miami Heat endured this season.
- Hamels' control eludes him, Rangers fall to Angels 9-6 Updated: May-01-16 8:39 pm
- Valeri scores winner in Timbers' 2-1 win over Toronto Updated: May-01-16 7:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Timbers teammate Lucas Melano touched the ball before Diego Valeri's free kick against Toronto, telling him he would score.
- Rays lose 5-1 to Blue Jays despite another strong start Updated: May-01-16 5:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Jake Odorizzi became the third straight Tampa Bay starter to limit Toronto to two hits or fewer.
- Stroman allows 1 run, Blue Jays beat Rays 5-1 Updated: May-01-16 5:05 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Marcus Stroman gave himself and the Toronto Blue Jays a birthday gift.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Pacers force Game 7 against Raptors with 101-83 win Updated: Apr-29-16 11:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - This time, the Indiana Pacers buckled down and fought back.
- Portugal wins more time for recovery after rating decision Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal and the rest of the eurozone could breathe a sigh of relief Friday after international ratings agency DBRS said it wasn't lowering Portuguese sovereign debt to junk status - a feared move that likely would have sparked a fresh bout of international jitters about the soundness of the shared currency.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- White Sox win 6th straight, blank Blue Jays 4-0 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:19 pm
TORONTO - A rare triple by Dioner Navarro gave the Chicago White Sox something even more uncommon: a series sweep in Toronto.
- Rickard's three-run homer lifts Orioles over Rays 3-1 Updated: Apr-27-16 10:03 pm
- Blue Jays recall RHP Tepera from Triple-A Updated: Apr-27-16 1:29 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays, who lead the majors with seven bullpen losses, shook up their relief corps Wednesday by recalling right-hander Ryan Tepera from Triple-A Buffalo and optioning ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte to the Bisons.
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- C Smith scratched before White Sox debut, placed on DL Updated: Apr-26-16 4:58 pm
TORONTO - Chicago White Sox catcher Kevan Smith thought he'd be making his major league debut in Toronto. Instead, he made his debut trip to the disabled list.
- Blue Jays recall INF Dominguez, demote RHP Hutchison Updated: Apr-26-16 2:22 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have recalled infielder Matt Dominguez from Triple-A Buffalo and optioned right-hander Drew Hutchison back to the minor leagues.
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Updated: Apr-25-16 8:23 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto's Dwane Casey has won the Rudy Tomjanovich Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA coach who combines cooperation with the media and fans with excellence on the court.
- Lingering back injury limits Mahinmi at Pacers' practice Updated: Apr-25-16 5:30 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Pacers starting center Ian Mahinmi was limited to non-contact drills at practice Monday because of a lingering lower back injury.
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Updated: Apr-25-16 4:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - Phil Kessel speaks in a polite whisper, as if he's worried talking too loudly might inadvertently attract the spotlight and well, he doesn't want that.
- Bautista hits 2-run HR as Blue Jays beat Athletics 6-3 Updated: Apr-24-16 5:30 pm
TORONTO - Toronto's potent offense pounded the ball nearly every time Drew Hutchison was pitching last season.