- Gambling regulators approve Kansas Crossing casino Updated: Jul-02-15 4:43 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas gambling regulators gave final approval Thursday for a business partnership to begin building a casino in southeast Kansas for the state lottery.
- Cherokee County wants Crawford County casino to be blocked Updated: Jun-30-15 9:01 am
COLUMBUS, Kansas - Cherokee County commissioners plan to ask the Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission to reject a recommendation for a casino in southeast Kansas and to start the selection process again.
- Presidents of 4 Kansas universities decline salary increases Updated: Jun-23-15 12:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The presidents of four Kansas universities say they will decline or donate a 2 percent pay increase approved for them last week.
- Former Pittsburg State official sentenced for fraud Updated: Jun-08-15 5:36 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A former official at Pittsburg State University faces a year and a half in federal prison after pleading guilty to wire fraud and money laundering.
- Southeast Kansas school to potentially furlough 530 workers Updated: Jun-05-15 4:31 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Pittsburg State University says about 530 of its workers will be furloughed if the Kansas Legislature does not pass a budget by Sunday.
- Classes begin for Kansas college's doctoral program Updated: Jun-03-15 11:45 am
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Classes have started this week at Pittsburg State University for the school's first group of students working toward a doctorate degree in nursing practice.