- No. 9 Tar Heels use late surge to down Kansas State, 80-70 Updated: Nov-25-15 1:10 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - North Carolina coach Roy Williams runs a drill in practice designed to mimic exactly what the Tar Feels faced against Kansas State, an eight-point deficit in the closing minutes.
- Barber helps NC State beat No. 22 LSU 83-72 in OT Updated: Nov-24-15 10:39 pm
NEW YORK - Ben Simmons did not impact the game with his shooting. His passing might have had even more of an impact if LSU was able to make more plays.
- Virginia Tech cruises past NC A&T 90-60 Updated: Nov-24-15 10:33 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Virginia Tech's four-game, season-opening homestand is over. Now, the Hokies get ready to hit the road and take on one of the best teams in the nation.
- Barber helps NC State beat No. 22 LSU 83-72 in OT Updated: Nov-24-15 10:32 pm
NEW YORK - North Carolina State had a two-part plan Tuesday night: clog the lane defensively against star freshman Ben Simmons and get a win.
- Western Carolina tops Hiwassee 88-63 Updated: Nov-24-15 10:31 pm
CULLOWHEE, North Carolina - Torrion Brummit had 18 points and 10 rebounds, and Mike Brown scored 17 as Western Carolina pulled away in the second half en route to an 88-63 win over Hiwassee Tuesday night.
- Korean War soldier's remains sent home decades after death Updated: Nov-24-15 6:41 pm
MORRISVILLE, North Carolina - A Korean War soldier's remains have been sent back to his home state of North Carolina 65 years after he was killed in action.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 6:13 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who sent a letter that included racially charged language and threats against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 5:36 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who issued a threat against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- Panthers coach Rivera embraces superstitions amid win streak Updated: Nov-24-15 5:29 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It is Sunday morning at Ron Rivera's house and the Carolina Panthers coach sits down to eat a familiar breakfast of cinnamon french toast and ham steak prepared by his wife.
- Panthers DE Alexander suspended for 1 year by NFL Updated: Nov-24-15 4:17 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The NFL has suspended Carolina Panthers defensive Frank Alexander without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse for a third time.
- NC elections head steps down as 2016 election cycle revs up Updated: Nov-24-15 3:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The head of North Carolina's statewide elections board is resigning just as the 2016 election cycle starts with candidates filing for ballot places next month, he said Tuesday.
- McCrory asks Cooper to oppose transgender bathroom lawsuit Updated: Nov-24-15 2:20 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper has rejected a call by Gov. Pat McCrory to side with a Virginia school district against a discrimination lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union that would allow a transgender high school student to use the men's bathroom.
- 2 teens arrested for threat at Chapel Hill school Updated: Nov-24-15 12:34 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Two teens have been arrested for making a threat on a social media site against a school in Chapel Hill.
- After vet felled by PTSD, service dog Honor aids family now Updated: Nov-24-15 12:03 pm
CLYDE, North Carolina - Part of the Labrador retriever's training was to sense when the demons of war had invaded Wade Baker's dreams.
- Republicans at General Assembly set aside $8M for litigation Updated: Nov-24-15 11:03 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Faced with new and protracted lawsuits and keeping reservations about the Democratic attorney general, North Carolina Republican legislators have set aside $8 million to keep defending laws they've passed.
- Road-building exec sentenced for minority-contractor scam Updated: Nov-24-15 10:57 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A politically connected paving contractor was sentenced to 30 months in prison for his role in a bid-rigging and kickback scheme involving nearly $90 million in government highway construction projects.
- Google to buy solar power to run massive NC server farm Updated: Nov-24-15 10:18 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Google says it will offset the tremendous electricity needed for its North Carolina server farm with solar power under a new program that allows corporations to voluntarily pay more for renewable energy.
- Arizona State holds off NC State 79-76 Updated: Nov-24-15 9:56 am
NEW YORK - After dealing with a preseason foot injury and spraining his ankle last week, Savon Goodman was a force for Arizona State.
- Ex-husband of 'Teen Mom' star arrested in North Carolina Updated: Nov-24-15 8:58 am
BOLIVIA, North Carolina - The ex-husband of Jenelle Evans from MTV's "Teen Mom 2" has been arrested and jailed in North Carolina.
- Authorities search for Fayetteville-area police impersonator Updated: Nov-24-15 8:35 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Fayetteville police and the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division are looking for a man pretending to be a police officer.
- Toll lane opponents want to weaken Charlotte's influence Updated: Nov-24-15 6:56 am
CORNELIUS, North Carolina - Opponents of toll lanes proposed for Interstate 77 north of Charlotte want to weaken the city's role on a regional transportation board.
- No. 9 Tar Heels beat Northwestern 80-69 in CBE Classic semis Updated: Nov-24-15 12:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - North Carolina coach Roy Williams treats every defeat a little bit differently, taking into account the opponent, the situation, things that might be going on in school or in life.
- Walker's 39 points lift Hornets over Kings 127-122 in OT Updated: Nov-23-15 11:21 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Kemba Walker put the Charlotte Hornets in prime position for a big win when he made a driving one-handed scoop layup with 0.7 seconds left in regulation.
- Aldridge has 23 points, Davidson holds off Mercer 77-71 Updated: Nov-23-15 10:07 pm
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - Peyton Aldridge hit 7 of 10 field goal attempts and was good on all six free throws to total 23 points as Davidson held off Mercer for a 77-71 victory on Monday night.
- 2 sides argue impact of redistricting lawsuit on primaries Updated: Nov-23-15 9:53 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Attorneys representing the state and registered voters argued before a three-judge panel on Monday about the impact of a lawsuit filed over North Carolina's legislative district maps on the state's 2016 primaries.