- Men say they lied on stand because of prosecutor's threats Updated: May-01-16 2:52 pm
HIGH POINT, North Carolina - Two men who testified against a man eventually convicted of murder say they lied on the stand because a prosecutor threatened them, an allegation that the former assistant district attorney denies.
- Appeals ruling clears way for Bowe Bergdahl case to resume Updated: May-01-16 12:24 pm
An appeals court has cleared the way for U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's legal case to resume, rejecting prosecutors' arguments that defense attorneys were given too much leeway on accessing classified documents.
- 'Resurrection Tent' set up to watch closed Belhaven hospital Updated: May-01-16 12:17 pm
BELHAVEN, North Carolina - The fight to re-open a small-town hospital in eastern North Carolina continues with supporters keeping watch over the building, which they fear will be demolished.
- The Latest: Former congressman Hayes back as party chairman Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on North Carolina Republican Party activists meeting Saturday to consider a petition to remove the state party's chairman (all times local):
- Vermont company to donate to NC gender law repeal Updated: May-01-16 10:15 am
WILLISTON, Vermont - AllEarth Renewables, a Vermont-based solar tracker manufacturer, has announced the company will donate a portion of every tracker sale in North Carolina to the repeal effort of state law HB 2, which it calls discriminatory.
- 1 North Carolina firefighter killed, 1 hurt battling blaze Updated: May-01-16 2:04 am
PINEVILLE, North Carolina - North Carolina authorities say a firefighter has been killed and another firefighter while battling a commercial blaze just south of Charlotte.
- North Carolina Republican Party chairman removed from post Updated: Apr-30-16 8:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Republican Party's first black state chairman was removed from his post Saturday, the climax of months of conflict with other party leaders who recently reprimanded him after deciding he exceeded his authority and tried to crash a GOP website.
- Panthers use 3 of 5 draft picks to address cornerback needs Updated: Apr-30-16 7:49 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers spent the NFL draft looking for a replacement for All-Pro cornerback Josh Norman.
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Updated: Apr-30-16 7:19 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Azura Stevens, the leading scorer and rebounder for Duke, has decided to transfer to UConn.
- Tim Wilkerson tops Funny Car qualifying at SpringNationals Updated: Apr-30-16 7:03 pm
BAYTOWN, Texas - Tim Wilkerson topped Funny Car qualifying Saturday in the NHRA SpringNationals with his record run Friday at Royal Purple Raceway.
- Officers help deliver baby of woman stuck in traffic jam Updated: Apr-30-16 5:35 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Two police officers at the site of a fatal traffic accident on an interstate in North Carolina were pressed into another role when a pregnant woman was stuck in traffic and they helped her deliver her baby.
- Fort Bragg soldier accused in assault on fellow soldier Updated: Apr-30-16 4:40 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Fayetteville police have charged a Fort Bragg soldier with kidnapping and rape of a soldier assigned to his unit.
- Kids, adults treated for heat-related illnesses after trip Updated: Apr-30-16 4:16 pm
LEXINGTON, North Carolina - Education officials in Davidson County say a group of elementary school students was treated for heat-related illnesses after returning from a field trip to Carowinds in a bus that had no air conditioning.
- Teacher Scott Wietecha wins 4th straight Nashville marathon Updated: Apr-30-16 4:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won his fourth straight St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon on Saturday with a time of 2 hours, 25 minutes, 42 seconds.
- Authorities accuse man of exploiting mother for $40,000 Updated: Apr-30-16 12:37 pm
BURLINGTON, North Carolina - Authorities in Alamance County have accused a man of exploiting his mother for $40,000.
- Man killed in ultralight crash in wooded area outside Monroe Updated: Apr-30-16 11:33 am
MONROE, North Carolina - Officials in Monroe say a South Carolina man was killed when the ultralight he was flying crashed in a wooded area just outside of town.
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys have ruled out re-signing Greg Hardy Updated: Apr-30-16 1:37 am
IRVING, Texas - Greg Hardy won't return for a second season with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dwyane Wade hadn't made a 3-point shot since December, enduring a streak of 22 consecutive misses.
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Updated: Apr-29-16 7:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hornets forward Nicolas Batum said he's "running on adrenaline" as he prepares for Game 6 of Charlotte's first-round playoff series against the Miami Heat following the birth of his son early Friday.
- Fired Mocksville police officers' case goes to federal court Updated: Apr-29-16 5:25 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Three officers who say they were fired for telling state officials about corruption within the Mocksville Police Department will finally have their case heard by a jury.
- North Carolina lawmaker defends law, acknowledges fallout Updated: Apr-29-16 4:20 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A top lawmaker has told business leaders he respects their right to speak out against a North Carolina law limiting protections for LGBT people - but that he's not changing his mind about it.
- 'Damn Daniel' viral video helps boost Vans sales Updated: Apr-29-16 3:50 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - "Damn Daniel," a viral video made by two teenage boys, helped boost sales of Vans shoes.
- Police: Irate woman waves gun over boneless wing mix-up Updated: Apr-29-16 1:59 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Police in North Carolina have charged a couple after a fouled-up order of chicken wings apparently prompted a woman to wave a gun inside a restaurant.
- Anonymous gift revitalizes Montreat College Updated: Apr-29-16 1:33 pm
MONTREAT, North Carolina - An anonymous gift has revitalized Montreat College, according to the president of the school in western North Carolina.
- North Carolina awaits guidance on monitoring toxic foam Updated: Apr-29-16 12:38 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina is one of 33 states not tracking the use of a toxic firefighting foam even as the military is checking bases across the nation for potential groundwater contamination triggered by the use of the foam.