- Lawsuit over Bangladesh garment factory collapse dismissed Updated: May-05-16 5:56 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A Delaware judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed against three major U.S. clothing retailers after the 2013 collapse of a garment factory in Bangladesh that killed more than 1,100 people.
- Panel Oks state funding for Middletown data center project Updated: May-05-16 3:20 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A state panel has approved $7.5 million in taxpayer funding for a data center and power plant project in Middletown.
- Lawmakers seek to add groups exempt from property taxes Updated: May-05-16 2:17 pm
DOVER, Delaware - State lawmakers have introduced a bill to add three organizations to a select group of nonprofit groups specifically exempted under state law from having to pay local property taxes.
- Coons to give keynote speech at governor's prayer breakfast Updated: May-05-16 8:05 am
DOVER, Delaware - U.S. Sen. Chris Coons is taking a break from politics to do a little preaching.
- 3 charged with murder in shooting at Port Mahon Pier Updated: May-04-16 8:43 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware State Police have charged three people in the shooting death of a man whose body was found on the Port Mahon Pier in Dover.
- Justices weigh ruling on confinement of ex-death row inmate Updated: May-04-16 5:17 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's Supreme Court is weighing whether to overturn a judge's order transferring a former death row inmate who is awaiting retrial from maximum security to the general prison population.
- Police: Wanted man found hiding in attic of Dover home Updated: May-04-16 10:31 am
DOVER, Delaware - A man wanted on gun charges has been arrested after police say he was found hiding in the attic of a home in Dover.
- Delaware lawmakers eye shorter terms for local school boards Updated: May-04-16 4:52 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware lawmakers are considering legislation to shorten the terms of local school board members.
- 2 arrested after home invasion in Dover Updated: May-03-16 4:24 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police have arrested two men they say invaded a home and stole money and prescription medication.
- Republicans seek to yank police funding offer to Wilmington Updated: May-03-16 4:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Republican lawmakers are seeking to rescind more than $1.5 million in bank settlement money offered to city of Wilmington by legislative budget writers to help fight crime because of the city's refusal to abide by conditions attached to the offer.
- Delaware bill encourages transit-friendly communities Updated: May-03-16 6:37 am
DOVER, Delaware - The state House is set to vote on a bill aimed at encouraging local governments in Delaware to create more transit-friendly communities.
- Students upset over school paper's racially charged cartoon Updated: Apr-29-16 12:08 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Students at Wesley College in Delaware have expressed outrage over two racially charged cartoons that appeared in the student newspaper last week.
- Armored car killer seeks commutation of life prison sentence Updated: Apr-28-16 4:16 am
DOVER, Delaware - A killer whose sentencing led to changes in Delaware's death penalty law is asking the Board of Pardons to commute his prison sentence.
- Correction: Convicted Killer Freed story Updated: Apr-27-16 3:42 pm
DOVER, Delaware - In a story April 26 about a Delaware woman who was freed from prison after a judge agreed to modify her sentence, The Associated Press erroneously reported the woman's first name. Her name is Catherine, not Barbara.
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton win Delaware primaries Updated: Apr-26-16 9:06 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump won their respective presidential primaries in Delaware on Tuesday with comfortable margins, further padding their leads over their opponents in the delegate count.
- The Latest: Trump, Clinton win Delaware primaries Updated: Apr-26-16 8:44 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Latest on Delaware's primary election (all times local):
- DuPont reports sales down 6 percent on strong dollar Updated: Apr-26-16 3:28 pm
Chemicals giant DuPont Co.'s sales fell 6 percent from a year earlier in the first quarter to $7.4 billion, as the strong dollar and lower volumes weighed on its earnings.
- Delaware power customers to pay Artificial Island bill Updated: Apr-26-16 12:07 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A federal agency has denied Delaware's request to reduce the cost of building a power line connecting the Artificial Island nuclear complex to the state.
- Clinton, Trump try to fend off competition in Delaware Updated: Apr-25-16 5:33 pm
DOVER, Delaware - For the first time in recent memory, Delaware's presidential primary could make a difference on the national political stage. Unlike in past contests, Democrats and Republicans will be voting Tuesday with neither major party yet having a clear presumptive nominee. Whoever wins the GOP primary will have the support of the state's 16 delegates, at least on the first ballot, at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Delaware Democrats will be sending 31 delegates to their party's national convention in Philadelphia, including 10 superdelegates. The other 21 delegates will be apportioned between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders based on Tuesday's results.
- Delaware justices to hear arguments on death penalty law Updated: Apr-25-16 2:35 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's Supreme Court has scheduled oral arguments on the constitutionality of the state's death penalty.
- 14-year-old punched, robbed in Dover Updated: Apr-25-16 2:16 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police are looking for a man they say punched and robbed a 14-year-old boy.
- Police looking for 3 men who robbed pedestrian at gunpoint Updated: Apr-22-16 3:53 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police are looking for three men who robbed a pedestrian at gunpoint.
- Kent County Judge cuts sentence of convicted murderer Updated: Apr-21-16 11:48 am
DOVER, Delaware - A Kent County Superior Court judge has reduced the sentence of a convicted murderer to probation status due to the woman's rehabilitation efforts.
- Delaware law creates panel to review drug overdose deaths Updated: Apr-21-16 3:36 am
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell is signing legislation to create a state commission that will review drug overdose deaths in Delaware.
- Delaware bill extends gun background check waiting period Updated: Apr-20-16 6:20 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A bill that extends the amount of time for federal officials to conduct background checks on potential gun buyers in Delaware is headed to the state House for a vote.