- Number of female lawmakers on Delaware declining Updated: Nov-27-15 7:09 am
DOVER, Delaware - The number of rank-and-file women in the General Assembly of Delaware is the lowest in 10 years.
- Vivint Solar loses bid for non-regulated status decision Updated: Nov-24-15 5:25 pm
DOVER, Delaware - One of the nation's largest installers of residential solar energy systems has failed to win a guarantee that it would not be regulated as a public utility or electric supplier if it does business in Delaware.
- Man arrested at hotel, charged with cocaine possession Updated: Nov-24-15 5:09 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police have charged a man with drug possession after 93 grams of cocaine was found in a hotel room.
- Records show behavior of officer facing assault trial Updated: Nov-23-15 7:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Use of force reports and personnel evaluations suggest that Dover police knew that a white officer charged with assaulting a black suspect in 2013 by kicking him in the head had a predilection for using unwarranted physical force.
- Delaware officials eye new Pathway to Prosperity grants Updated: Nov-23-15 4:16 am
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell is joining Delaware education officials to announce the state's second round of Pathways to Prosperity grants.
- Lamar holds off Delaware State, 77-66 Updated: Nov-21-15 8:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Lincoln Davis and Nick Garth each scored 18 points with Davis adding nine assists to help lead Lamar past Delaware State 77-66 on Saturday.
- Freshman gives Delaware State first win, 32-31 over Howard Updated: Nov-21-15 5:36 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Freshman quarterback Kobie Lain threw two touchdowns and ran for a third in his first start and Delaware State got its first win in the last game of the season, 32-31 over Howard.
- Denn seeks $2.3 million in additional funding Updated: Nov-20-15 3:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Attorney General Matt Denn says the transparency and accountability that body cameras can bring to police interactions with citizens will come at a significant cost.
- Ex-Senate candidate O'Donnell: FEC lawsuit is a 'witch hunt' Updated: Nov-20-15 2:09 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Former U.S. Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell said Friday that a Federal Election Commission lawsuit accusing her of improper campaign expenditures is a "witch hunt" and a waste of taxpayer dollars.
- Comment period extended for Delaware beach regulations Updated: Nov-20-15 4:16 am
DOVER, Delaware - State environmental officials are extending the public comment period for proposed amendments to regulations governing the protection and use of Delaware's beaches.
- Noble retiring from Delaware Chancery Court Updated: Nov-19-15 5:09 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Another Delaware judge has announced his retirement, giving Gov. Jack Markell yet another judicial appointment opportunity.
- Nelson-Henry helps Penn slip past Delaware St., 60-54 Updated: Nov-17-15 11:03 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Darien Nelson-Henry scored 16 points on 8-of-11 shooting and Antonio Woods added 11 with six assists to help Penn pull away late for a 60-54 win over Delaware State on Tuesday night.
- Delaware governor supports asylum for Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-17-15 4:16 am
DOVER, Delaware - Democratic Gov. Jack Markell is standing by his support for President Obama's decision to provide asylum for Syrian refugees in the United States, despite Republican calls not to accept refugees in Delaware.
- Delaware beats rival Delaware State in opener, 62-56 Updated: Nov-14-15 12:01 am
DOVER, Delaware - Marvin King-Davis scored 13 points and grabbed 12 rebounds and Cazmon Hayes and Chivarsky Corbett each added 12 points as Delaware knocked off in-state rival Delaware State, 62-56 in the season-opener for both schools Friday night.
- Delaware chief justice seeks more court funding Updated: Nov-12-15 5:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's chief justice urged officials from Gov. Jack Markell's administration on Thursday to provide more funding to address pay inequities and security needs within the state's court system.
- Man indicted on charges of fatally stabbing psychiatrist Updated: Nov-09-15 9:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A New Castle County grand jury has indicted a man on charges of fatally stabbing a psychiatrist in her home.
- Del. hunters gearing up for shotgun deer season Updated: Nov-07-15 6:24 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware hunters are gearing up for the start of shotgun deer hunting season.
- Delaware AG seeks urgent police funding from lawmakers Updated: Nov-06-15 12:20 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Attorney General Matt Denn is urging leaders of the Delaware legislature's budget-writing committee to hold a special meeting this month to approve $2 milllion to help police battle gun crime in Wilmington and Dover.
- Dover police make arrest in fatal shooting Updated: Nov-05-15 2:26 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover police have arrested a Milford man in the weekend killing of a Middletown man.
- Man shot by Dover police indicted on felony weapons charges Updated: Nov-05-15 7:05 am
DOVER, Delaware - A man who was shot by Dover police has been indicted on felony weapons charges.
- Supreme Court mulls challenge to air permit for refinery Updated: Nov-05-15 3:46 am
DOVER, Delaware - Environmentalists are asking the Delaware Supreme Court to overturn a judge's ruling that two state panels had no jurisdiction to consider their challenge of a state-issued permit for a crude oil transfer station at the Delaware City refinery.
- Man sentenced in Wilmington Trust fraud gets prison reprieve Updated: Nov-03-15 3:39 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A federal judge has delayed the start of the prison sentence for a Dover businessman who pleaded guilty to conspiracy in an ongoing criminal investigation of the lending practices of the failed Wilmington Trust bank.
- CDC researchers recommend efforts to reduce Wilmington crime Updated: Nov-03-15 12:57 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Federal researchers say increased collaboration and data sharing among Delaware social service agencies could help stem the tide of violent crime in Wilmington.
- Delaware seeks dismissal of suit over mentally ill inmates Updated: Nov-03-15 11:54 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware prison officials are asking a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit alleging that they are unconstitutionally subjecting mentally ill prisoners to solitary confinement without proper evaluation, monitoring and treatment.
- Gunman robs Dover hotel Updated: Nov-02-15 8:08 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware State Police are looking for a man who robbed a Dover hotel at gunpoint.