- Big Papi's 2-run HR in 8th lifts Red Sox past Yankees, 4-2 Updated: Apr-29-16 10:09 pm
- Scheduled IndyCar race on streets of Boston canceled Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 pm
BOSTON - First the 2024 Olympics. Now an IndyCar race is pulling out of Boston before it even began.
- Driver accused of harassing reporter no longer with Uber Updated: Apr-29-16 6:42 pm
BOSTON - An Uber driver accused of making strong sexual advances toward a reporter last month is "no longer active" on the popular ride-hailing car service, Uber said Friday.
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Updated: Apr-29-16 5:59 pm
BOSTON - The emergence of an All-Star and lots of victories made the Celtics one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
- Jury acquits felon, 2 others in Everett casino land deal Updated: Apr-29-16 5:20 pm
BOSTON - A federal jury has acquitted three men accused of trying to hide a convicted felon's ownership stake in land Wynn Resorts wants to develop into a casino in Massachusetts.
- Revised bill would address 'improper' gender identity claims Updated: Apr-29-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House leaders Friday unveiled a revised version of a bill that would increase protections for transgender people, adding new language that could facilitate legal action against anyone who makes an "improper" claim of gender identity.
- Massachusetts Marine killed in Hawaii honored by hometown Updated: Apr-29-16 2:22 pm
HINGHAM, Massachusetts - A Marine from Massachusetts who died in a helicopter crash in Hawaii was remembered at a memorial service for his loyalty, sense of humor and love of the sea.
- Boston announced free community college tuition program Updated: Apr-29-16 2:05 pm
BOSTON - Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has announced a plan to provide free tuition to either of the city's two community colleges for all graduates of Boston's public high schools.
- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 pm
BOSTON - Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who was born with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.
- Judge denies request to reduce Ware man's murder conviction Updated: Apr-29-16 12:18 pm
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A Hampshire Superior Court judge has denied a request to reduce the first-degree murder conviction of a Ware man who killed his friend 20 years ago.
- Woman raped by ex-cop awarded $300K in Lawrence settlement Updated: Apr-29-16 11:43 am
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - A federal appeals court has reinstated a $300,000 settlement that a woman raped by a former Lawrence police officer reached with the city.
- SUV crashes into day care center, pinning toddler Updated: Apr-29-16 10:51 am
BILLERICA, Massachusetts - Massachusetts police say a driver having a medical episode struck several cars and crashed through the wall of a day care center, pinning a toddler beneath the vehicle.
- 1 killed when train hits SUV in Great Barrington Updated: Apr-29-16 10:23 am
GREAT BARRINGTON, Massachusetts - Police say a 75-year-old man was killed when the SUV he was driving was struck by a train in Great Barrington.
- Gordon college says lawsuit 'grossly misrepresents' facts Updated: Apr-29-16 8:57 am
WENHAM, Massachusetts - A Christian college in Massachusetts says it's "saddened and disappointed" about a lawsuit that alleges it disciplined a professor for opposing the school's stance on gay workers.
- Springfield condo fire displaces 1, causes $50K in damage Updated: Apr-29-16 4:33 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Fire officials say a blaze that broke out at a condominium complex in Springfield's Forest Park Heights section displaced one person and caused $50,000 in damage.
- Boston Public Schools places bus monitor on paid leave Updated: Apr-29-16 4:32 am
BOSTON - Officials say a Boston Public Schools bus monitor has been placed on paid leave after video surfaced of the man using physical force to subdue a young student on a school bus.
- Officials: 58-year-old man killed by MBTA train in Medford Updated: Apr-29-16 4:31 am
MEDFORD, Massachusetts - Officials say a 58-year-old man was killed after he was hit by a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority commuter rail train in suburban Boston.
- Giant Chinese zodiac sculptures are turning heads in Boston Updated: Apr-29-16 1:11 am
BOSTON - A dozen giant bronze animal heads representing the signs of the Chinese zodiac are stopping people in their tracks in downtown Boston and sparking conversations.
- Buchholz, Red Sox struggle in 5-3 loss to Braves Updated: Apr-29-16 12:31 am
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz struggled with his control when he needed it most and his teammates' timing wasn't much better.
- Braves end 8-game slide, beat Red Sox 5-3 behind Markakis Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
BOSTON - Atlanta hitters got to Clay Buchholz early and never let up as the Braves pieced together a rare victory.
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Updated: Apr-29-16 12:09 am
BOSTON - The Atlanta Hawks had their best regular season in franchise history spoiled last year by a dismal showing against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Men accused in terror plot arraigned on additional charges Updated: Apr-28-16 9:00 pm
BOSTON - Two men already held on charges they conspired to help the Islamic State group have pleaded not guilty to additional terrorism charges.
- Whitey Bulger's girlfriend gets 21 more months in prison Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
BOSTON - The longtime girlfriend of Boston gangster James "Whitey" Bulger was sentenced Thursday to an additional 21 months in prison by a judge who said she had shown a "twisted" sense of loyalty to Bulger by refusing to testify about whether other people helped him while he was a fugitive.
- State denies gambling license for proposed Brockton casino Updated: Apr-28-16 6:00 pm
BOSTON - Two major resort casinos won't duke it out in Massachusetts' southeastern corner after all.
- Massachusetts Senate approves under-21 ban on tobacco sales Updated: Apr-28-16 5:56 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate voted overwhelmingly Thursday to raise the minimum age for purchasing cigarettes and other tobacco products across the state, which could make it the second to raise its threshold to 21 years old.