- Gardner fire chief hospitalized from injuries at fire scene Updated: Jul-04-15 1:02 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Gardner's fire chief remains hospitalized in Worcester from injuries sustained fighting a house fire.
- Cape Cod officials issue Great White Shark safety tips Updated: Jul-04-15 12:49 pm
WELLFLEET, Massachusetts - Cape Cod officials are reminding visitors how to stay safe as great white sharks begin their annual return to the tourist destination.
- America welcomes July 4 with hot dogs, cool music, cold beer Updated: Jul-04-15 12:37 pm
The United States marks 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday as it celebrates the Fourth of July with fireworks, food and music. Here are some highlights and lowlights of Independence Day celebrations across the globe:
- Driver killed in head-on crash with police car in Chicopee Updated: Jul-04-15 12:17 pm
CHICOPEE, Massachusetts - Chicopee police say a 37-year-old man has died after a head-on collision between his SUV and a police cruiser.
- Things to know Massachusetts' state budget delay Updated: Jul-04-15 11:25 am
BOSTON - Meet the state's new fiscal year. Same as the old fiscal year.
- State extending summer hours at 16 pools, parks Updated: Jul-04-15 11:14 am
BOSTON - The state is extending summer hours at some swimming pools and athletic facilities around the state.
- Mashpee Wampanoag tribe holds annual powwow Updated: Jul-04-15 11:10 am
FALMOUTH, Massachusetts - The Mashpee Wampanoag tribe is holding its 94th annual Powwow this weekend.
- New Hampshire police arrest Massachusetts man who fled Updated: Jul-04-15 10:07 am
SWANZEY, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say a Massachusetts man is in custody after failing to pull over for an alleged traffic violation and crashing his car off an embankment on Route 101 near the Keene State College athletic fields.
- Boston Pops concert and fireworks expected to draw thousands Updated: Jul-04-15 9:44 am
BOSTON - Thousands of revelers will descend on Boston for the annual Boston Pops Orchestra concert and fireworks display.
- Tough MLB debut for Noe Ramirez; Astros beat Sox 12-8 in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
BOSTON - The bullpen door opened and Noe Ramirez jogged into a major league game for first time in his career.
- Napoli error leads to 4-run 10th as Astros beat Red Sox 12-8 Updated: Jul-04-15 12:51 am
BOSTON - The Houston Astros seem to turn every little break into a victory.
- Another 1700s Massachusetts home hit by vehicle Updated: Jul-03-15 9:01 pm
HALIFAX, Massachusetts - For the second time in two days, an 18th century Massachusetts home has been heavily damaged in a car crash.
- RHP Straily recalled from Triple-A; RHP Feliz to Triple-A Updated: Jul-03-15 7:35 pm
BOSTON - The Houston Astros recalled Dan Straily, Friday night's starting pitcher, from Triple-A Fresno for their game against the Boston Red Sox.
- 2 men held on high bails after Boston fatal shooting Updated: Jul-03-15 7:34 pm
BOSTON - A judge has set high bails for two men arrested after a shooting in Boston that killed a man and wounded another.
- 1 dead, 1 hospitalized after crash in western Massachusetts Updated: Jul-03-15 5:58 pm
LEE, Massachusetts - One person was killed and another remains hospitalized after a two-vehicle crash in western Massachusetts.
- Tips pour in to Massachusetts police in child death case Updated: Jul-03-15 4:46 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts authorities say they've received hundreds of tips from across the country after releasing a computer-generated image of a girl found dead in a plastic bag in Boston Harbor.
- Judge approves subpoena of phone records in Hernandez case Updated: Jul-03-15 4:29 pm
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - Lawyers for former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez can take steps to identify an anonymous tipster who claimed that one of the jurors who convicted him of murder may have lied during jury selection, a judge ruled Friday.
- Military recruits still not using American-made sneakers Updated: Jul-03-15 4:10 pm
BOSTON - New Balance thinks the U.S. military is dragging its feet.
- Man killed in southeastern Massachusetts motorcycle crash Updated: Jul-03-15 2:50 pm
CARVER, Massachusetts - Police say a 28-year-old man was killed in a motorcycle crash in southeastern Massachusetts.
- 1 killed in Massachusetts 3-vehicle crash Updated: Jul-03-15 1:55 pm
METHUEN, Massachusetts - Massachusetts State Police have identified a man who was killed in a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 495 in Methuen.
- Ex-drug lab chemist may have tainted thousands of cases Updated: Jul-03-15 11:55 am
BOSTON - A former chemist at a Massachusetts drug lab convicted of stealing drugs to feed her addictions may have tainted as many as 10,000 criminal prosecutions, not just a few dozen as first thought, according to newly released court documents.
- Police: Criminal charges unlikely in backyard menagerie case Updated: Jul-03-15 10:14 am
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - Authorities say a Massachusetts couple who kept a menagerie of goats, chickens, ducks and alpacas behind a condemned home in Tiverton are unlikely to face criminal charges in Rhode Island.
- Marathon bomber's friend drops appeal on obstruction charges Updated: Jul-03-15 10:04 am
BOSTON - A friend of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) has dropped an appeal of his conviction for obstructing the investigation into the bombing.
- Winchester student spots error in Boston museum exhibit Updated: Jul-03-15 9:49 am
WINCHESTER, Virginia - When rising Handley High School sophomore Joseph Rosenfeld visited the Museum of Science in Boston earlier this month, he saw something nobody had noticed before - an error in one of the museum's exhibits.
- Massachusetts country club experiences hole-in-one spree Updated: Jul-03-15 9:06 am
CONCORD, Massachusetts - Members of a Massachusetts country club are having a remarkable golf season.