- Man killed during shooting at Massachusetts house party Updated: May-29-16 12:51 pm
LYNNFIELD, Massachusetts - Police say a shooting at a Massachusetts house party has left a man dead.
- Wedding aboard boat interrupted when ship runs aground Updated: May-29-16 12:49 pm
BOSTON - A wedding reception aboard a boat got off to a rocky start when the vessel ran aground off Georges Island in Boston Harbor.
- Police: Massachusetts motorcyclist clocked at 128 mph Updated: May-29-16 9:43 am
ASHLAND, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say they clocked a Massachusetts motorcyclist driving at 128 mph on Interstate 93 in Ashland.
- Cape Flyer service starts over holiday weekend Updated: May-29-16 9:26 am
BOSTON - The Memorial Day weekend also marks the new season for rail service to Cape Cod.
- Parishioners to leave closed church after 11-year protest Updated: May-29-16 6:38 am
SCITUATE, Massachusetts - For more than 11 years, a core group of about 100 die-hard parishioners of St. Frances X. Cabrini Church have kept their beloved parish open by maintaining an around-the-clock vigil in a peaceful protest of a decision by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston to close it.
- Boat runs aground in Massachusetts; passengers evacuated Updated: May-28-16 9:28 pm
BOSTON - Passengers and crew members have been evacuated from a boat that ran aground off Georges Island in Boston Harbor.
- Man drowns during lifeguard tryouts in Cape Cod lake Updated: May-28-16 3:09 pm
ORLEANS, Massachusetts - A man has drowned during lifeguard tryouts in a Cape Cod lake.
- 2 men facing assault charges after pedestrians hit by car Updated: May-28-16 2:04 pm
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - Two Framingham men are facing assault charges after police say two pedestrians were struck by a vehicle.
- Social media buzzing over Harvard grad's spoken-word speech Updated: May-28-16 1:06 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Social media is buzzing over a Harvard graduate's poetic commencement speech, which has garnered millions of views and the attention of celebrities.
- Report: Mixed reviews on water quality at area beaches Updated: May-28-16 12:29 pm
BOSTON - There's mixed news for sun worshippers hoping to hit the beach over the weekend.
- 'Run to Remember' to honor officers killed in line of duty Updated: May-28-16 11:02 am
BOSTON - A charity road race honoring Massachusetts law enforcement officers and first responders killed in the line of duty will feature special tributes to two officers who recently lost their lives.
- Despite transparency push, budget talks likely to be private Updated: May-28-16 10:55 am
BOSTON - When a handful of Massachusetts lawmakers convene in the coming weeks to negotiate a final version of the $39.5 billion state budget, they will most likely follow tradition by doing so behind closed doors - notwithstanding the newfound pledges of transparency echoing around Beacon Hill.
- Thomas Land opens for summer, debuts new ride Updated: May-28-16 9:33 am
CARVER, Massachusetts - A theme park in Carver based on Thomas the Tank Engine is introducing a new ride when it opens for the season during the holiday weekend.
- Gasoline, fluids fuel fire at automotive center Updated: May-28-16 12:13 am
CHICOPEE, Massachusetts - The state fire marshal's office is investigating a fire at an automotive center in Chicopee that was fueled by containers of motor vehicle fluids, including gasoline.
- Lawrence police officer charged with extorting cocaine Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
BOSTON - A Lawrence police officer has been charged with attempting to use his position to extort cocaine from a drug dealer.
- 3rd defendant sentenced in killing of restaurant owner Updated: May-27-16 5:32 pm
SALEM, Massachusetts - A Malden man has been sentenced to 15 to 25 years in state prison for his role in the killing of an Ipswich restaurant owner.
- Family behind Market Basket grocery chain back in court Updated: May-27-16 5:02 pm
BOSTON - Two cousins whose feud over their family's New England supermarket chain prompted an employee walkout and a customer boycott are fighting in court again.
- Janet Yellen says Fed could raise rates in coming months Updated: May-27-16 4:08 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said Friday that an interest rate hike would be appropriate in the coming months if the economy keeps improving.
- House, Senate to meet to draft final state budget proposal Updated: May-27-16 3:11 pm
BOSTON - House and Senate negotiators will likely begin meeting next week to draft a final state budget proposal after the Senate gave final approval to a $39.5 billion spending plan for the fiscal year starting July 1.
- Slain police officer remembered for dedication, generosity Updated: May-27-16 3:07 pm
CHARLTON, Massachusetts - A police officer shot and killed during a traffic stop was remembered Friday for his dedication, professionalism, willingness to help anyone and sense of humor during a funeral attended by officers from across the state.
- Police: Fare-beater wanted for 1990 shooting in other state Updated: May-27-16 2:52 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a man arrested for subway fare-beating in New York City was wanted for a 1990 shooting in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts state trooper convicted of sexual assault Updated: May-27-16 2:47 pm
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts State Police trooper has been convicted of sexually assaulting a woman he met through an online dating website.
- Andover lawyer sentenced in tax refund scheme Updated: May-27-16 1:54 pm
ANDOVER, Massachusetts - An Andover lawyer is headed to prison for his role in a tax refund check-cashing scheme.
- The Latest: Slain officer's sister recalls brother's virtues Updated: May-27-16 12:43 pm
CHARLTON, Massachusetts - The Latest on the funeral of Auburn Police Officer Ronald Tarentino Jr. (all times local):
- New England fishermen to give electronic monitors first try Updated: May-27-16 11:18 am
HARWICH, Massachusetts - A commercial fishing association says a group of fishermen from Massachusetts and Maine will use digital cameras instead of human monitors to collect data during trips at sea.