- Day, Spieth rolling in opposite directions at TPC Boston Updated: Sep-04-15 7:10 pm
NORTON, Massachusetts - Brendon de Jonge opened with a 6-under 65 in the Deutsche Bank Championship on Friday that allowed the Zimbabwean to wonder if this might be the week he breaks through with his first win.
- Pats coach Belichick on having Brady back: 'He never left' Updated: Sep-04-15 7:04 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Like every game, Patriots coach Bill Belichick says he's focused on his next opponent. But he doesn't feel like he's got a new edge with star quarterback Tom Brady able to play in the season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Red Sox 3B Sandoval scratched with back tightness Updated: Sep-04-15 7:03 pm
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval was scratched from Friday night's game against the Philadelphia Phillies because of back tightness.
- Report: Massachusetts agency failed to save boy now in coma Updated: Sep-04-15 4:49 pm
BOSTON - The Department of Children and Families failed to protect a 7-year-old boy who police say was beaten and starved by his father and who is now in a coma, according to a report released Friday.
- Cop accused of lying about shooting on cruiser faces charges Updated: Sep-04-15 4:28 pm
MILLIS, Massachusetts - A part-time police officer accused of concocting a story about a shootout with a gunman before his cruiser crashed into a tree and caught on fire will face charges, authorities confirmed Friday.
- Rhode Island man dies in Massachusetts work site fall Updated: Sep-04-15 2:16 pm
TAUNTON, Massachusetts - A Rhode Island man has died in an accident at a construction site in Taunton.
- Horse industry worries about plans to curb casino subsidies Updated: Sep-04-15 11:14 am
BOSTON - Horse track operators and breeders are concerned the good times might be trotting to a close as some states move to rein in a lucrative subsidy that's helped prop up their long suffering-industry.
- Man sentenced for threatening hospital staff with syringe Updated: Sep-04-15 10:47 am
ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts - A 27-year-old man is heading to prison for threatening staff at an Attleboro hospital with a hypodermic syringe he said contained lethal chemicals.
- Pittsfield delivery driver charged with pulling gun on man Updated: Sep-04-15 8:35 am
PITTSFIELD, Massachusetts - A pizza delivery driver from Pittsfield is facing an assault charge for allegedly threatening another man with a gun over a stolen $5 sandwich.
- Man pleads not guilty in 1994 stabbing of ex-girlfriend Updated: Sep-04-15 5:17 am
WOBURN, Massachusetts - A wanted man who police say fled Massachusetts after allegedly stabbing his ex-girlfriend in her home more than 20 years ago has pleaded not guilty to assault charges.
- Authorities investigating after man's body found in lake Updated: Sep-04-15 5:14 am
LEOMINSTER, Massachusetts - Authorities are investigating after a 54-year-old man's body was found near a lake in Massachusetts.
- Brady sits out after court victory, Giants top Patriots 12-9 Updated: Sep-03-15 11:01 pm
- Tax collections, revenue bring in $1.7B during August Updated: Sep-03-15 10:07 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts brought in more than $1.7 billion in taxes and other revenue in August - about $100 million, or 6 percent, more than last August.
- Gambling official scotches Wynn 'wire-tap room' allegations Updated: Sep-03-15 8:28 pm
BOSTON - The top investigator for the Massachusetts Gaming Commission says allegations that retired members of the State Police working for Wynn Resorts had access to a "wire-tap room" in the state attorney general's office are false.
- Missing tarantula not dangerous, prof says, but it can bite Updated: Sep-03-15 8:25 pm
LOWELL, Massachusetts - A biology professor at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell says a missing tarantula isn't dangerous, but he's giving fair warning: It can bite.
- Tom Brady not in uniform for Patriots game Updated: Sep-03-15 8:16 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Tom Brady was not in uniform Thursday night for the New England Patriots' final preseason game, against the New York Giants.
- The Latest: Falcons owner says Goodell protecting rights Updated: Sep-03-15 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):
- Mickelson needing big week for chance at 21st straight team Updated: Sep-03-15 6:41 pm
NORTON, Massachusetts - Phil Mickelson only realized a few days ago his proud streak of qualifying for 20 consecutive teams was over.
- Worker who says she was fired for legal pot use files suit Updated: Sep-03-15 6:39 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts woman who says she was fired from work for using marijuana legally obtained to treat Crohn's Disease has sued her former employer.
- It's not over yet: What's next in the 'Deflategate' mess Updated: Sep-03-15 6:19 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Seven months. At least $3 million spent on lawyers - and probably twice that or more. Reports and responses and arbitration and appeals and even a college class in New England called "Deflategate."
- Governor urges nuke plant owners to address federal concerns Updated: Sep-03-15 4:54 pm
BOSTON - One day after federal regulators said they were stepping up oversight of Massachusetts' only nuclear power plant, Gov. Charlie Baker called on owners of the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station to take "corrective actions" considering its series of unplanned shutdowns over recent years.
- Patriots Nation exults over ruling allowing Brady to play Updated: Sep-03-15 4:51 pm
BOSTON - Patriots Nation is crowing after a federal judge on Thursday erased New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game "Deflategate" suspension.
- McIlroy says schedule more about mental than physical Updated: Sep-03-15 4:37 pm
NORTON, Massachusetts - The European Tour went to great lengths to explain why Rory McIlroy is being allowed to compete in the season-ending Race to Dubai even though he won't reach the minimum 13 events when it ends with the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai.
- Brothers denied bail on charges they beat homeless immigrant Updated: Sep-03-15 3:04 pm
BOSTON - Two brothers charged with beating a homeless Mexican man after being inspired in part by Donald Trump's views on immigrants were ordered held without bail Thursday.
- Suspect in stabbing, rape, denied bail at arraignment Updated: Sep-03-15 2:58 pm
AYER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man charged with stabbing his brother, raping a woman, kidnapping them both, and fleeing with them to Ohio was ordered held without bail at his arraignment Thursday.