- Montezuma County jail inmate died of chronic alcohol abuse Updated: Nov-24-15 8:57 pm
CORTEZ, Colorado - Investigators say an inmate who was found unresponsive in her cell at the Montezuma County jail in southwest Colorado died from complications of chronic alcohol abuse.
- High school rifle raffle stirs concerns Updated: Nov-21-15 6:07 pm
CORTEZ, Colorado - A man who held a community drawing for a rifle to benefit the Mancos High School football team last month is facing criticism from people who say he might be violating raffle and gun registration laws, and others who question whether it's appropriate to hold a gun giveaway given the incidents of violence in schools across the country.
- Lawsuit filed in inmate's 2013 death Updated: Nov-06-15 4:02 am
CORTEZ, Colorado - An attorney has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit in connection to the 2013 death of a Navajo man at the Montezuma County jail.
- National Park officials looking at Mesa Verde options Updated: Oct-31-15 4:30 pm
CORTEZ, Colorado - Officials at Mesa Verde National Park are looking for someone to take over the old visitor center at Mesa Verde's Far View Center after it was abandoned in 2013 in favor of a new facility at the park's entrance.
- Inmate dies in Montezuma County jail in southwest Colorado Updated: Oct-29-15 9:19 pm
CORTEZ, Colorado - An investigation is underway after an inmate was found dead in her cell at the Montezuma County jail in southwest Colorado.