- Hundreds of Russians protest destruction of demon sculpture Updated: Aug-30-15 10:20 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - About 500 people have held a protest in Russia's second-largest city over the destruction of a century-old bas-relief of the demon Mephistopheles.
- Russian court convicts suspect in 1998 lawmaker murder Updated: Aug-28-15 7:55 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - A court in St. Petersburg has sentenced a former Russian lawmaker to 17 years in prison for organizing the 1998 assassination of a leading politician.
- Barcelona heads 32-team draw for Champions League groups Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 pm
GENEVA - The Champions League season takes shape Thursday when UEFA draws 32 elite teams into groups in Monaco.
- Ex-Kremlin Internet 'troll' wins suit against ex-employer Updated: Aug-17-15 1:53 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - A Russian court on Monday awarded symbolic damages of one ruble ($0.01) to a former "Kremlin troll" who sued her ex-employer and demanded closure of what she describes as a "factory" that has been churning out Internet propaganda defending President Vladimir Putin.
- By train, 2 continents, from Beijing to St. Petersburg Updated: Aug-11-15 9:52 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - It was the realization of a dream from a childhood obsessed with trains: taking one of the world's longest train rides, on the Trans Mongolian Express and Trans Siberian Railway.