- Michael's 40 helps Statham get record 1,099th win Updated: Feb-06-16 8:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - Harry Statham earned his record-breaking 1,099th victory as a head coach on Saturday as freshman Nate Michael scored 40 points to lead McKendree to a 92-84 win over Maryville.
- Alabama's Norris leads Tide past Missouri 80-71 Updated: Feb-06-16 6:30 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Riley Norris made three 3-pointers and scored 18 points to help Alabama beat Missouri 80-71 on Saturday.
- Missouri lawmaker says colleague's move was political Updated: Feb-06-16 6:21 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker says he's pleased that a colleague dropped a restraining order against him, but says the man was trying to hurt his reputation.
- Grand jury probe costs Cherokee County $28,000 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:39 pm
GALENA, Kansas - Cherokee County spent about $28,000 on a grand jury investigation that led to charges that were ultimately dismissed.
- Missouri Democrat proposes gun ban for domestic abusers Updated: Feb-06-16 4:44 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - While there's consensus in some other Republican-dominated states to ramp-up laws to keep firearms out of the hands of domestic abusers, a Missouri proposal to do that appears to have little chance in the GOP Legislature.
- 'Bonnie and Clyde' suspect booked into Florida jail Updated: Feb-06-16 4:24 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - The surviving suspect in a multistate crime spree has been booked into a Florida jail.
- MLS commissioner taking hard look at St. Louis Updated: Feb-06-16 4:16 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis may be losing football, but Major League Soccer could be on the horizon.
- Balentine sets record, Evansville beats Missouri St. 83-64 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:41 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - D.J. Balentine scored 18 points to become the all-time leading scorer in Evansville school history in its 83-64 win over Missouri State on Saturday.
- Anderson has 27 in EIU's 78-69 win over SE Missouri Updated: Feb-06-16 2:16 pm
CHARLESTON, Illinois - Trae Anderson scored 27 points and pulled down 12 rebounds and Demetrius McReynolds also had a double-double to lead Eastern Illinois over Southeast Missouri 78-69 on Saturday.
- Sikeston police investigating YMCA videotaping case Updated: Feb-06-16 1:50 pm
SIKESTON, Missouri - A 19-year-old southeast Missouri man faces charges accusing him of videotaping a man in a YMCA restroom.
- Jim Bridger: The man, the myth, the legend Updated: Feb-06-16 1:26 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - For a 19th century mountain man, Jim Bridger has been getting a lot of attention these days.
- Kansas won't join effort to tighten domestic abuse gun laws Updated: Feb-06-16 1:08 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas appears unlikely to join more than two dozen states that have passed laws in the last two years making it more difficult for domestic abusers to possess weapons, a state representative who introduced a similar law during the 2015 legislative session said.
- 2 men convicted of trying to kill deputy during robbery Updated: Feb-06-16 1:04 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A jury has convicted two Kansas men of attempted murder and other charges for allegedly shooting a deputy sheriff several times while robbing a convenience store last March.
- Missouri considers easing adoptee birth certificate access Updated: Feb-06-16 11:25 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Danika Donatti first met her biological father when he was in hospice dying from complications of a disease she might also carry.
- Missouri defends law capping cities' traffic ticket revenue Updated: Feb-05-16 9:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A new Missouri law overhauling the state's municipal courts and police departments violates the separation of powers, defies the state constitution's limits on unfunded mandates and unfairly singles out the St. Louis area, an attorney representing 12 St. Louis County municipalities told a courtroom Friday.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- Black students seek swifter race reforms at Missouri Updated: Feb-05-16 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - University of Missouri students pointedly pressed the system's governing board Friday for faster diversity reforms at the Columbia campus, which is still grappling with racial unrest three months since protests led to departures of two top administrators.
- Woman stabbed to death at St. Louis-area home Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 pm
MOLINE ACRES, Missouri - Police in the St. Louis suburb of Moline Acres are investigating the stabbing death of a woman.
- Missouri man sentenced to 30 years wife's shooting death Updated: Feb-05-16 2:00 pm
WARRENTON, Missouri - A mid-Missouri man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for the shooting death of his wife.
- About 50 Rams employees left behind in move to Los Angeles Updated: Feb-05-16 12:51 pm
- A timeline of crimes authorities blamed on Missouri couple Updated: Feb-05-16 12:46 pm
Law enforcement officers have linked Blake Fitzgerald and Brittany Nicole Harper to a spree of abductions and robberies in Missouri, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. A timeline of the crimes, from interviews with law enforcement by The Associated Press and its member news organizations and statements by local police and the U.S. Marshals Service:
- The Latest: Missouri suspects led police on chase Updated: Feb-05-16 11:46 am
MILTON, Florida - The Latest on Missouri couple suspected in a multistate crime spree. All times local:
- Missouri presidential search committee members expanded Updated: Feb-05-16 11:44 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The search committee for a new University of Missouri system president will include two students, two faculty members and a staff member.
- Homeless told to leave several homeless camps in Springfield Updated: Feb-05-16 11:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Advocates for the homeless say Springfield police have told people they have 48 hours to leave homeless camps in the city.
- Kroenke business partner pushes St. Louis-area development Updated: Feb-05-16 10:52 am
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Missouri - Weeks after the NFL agreed to allow Rams owner Stan Kroenke to move his team out of St. Louis, one of the billionaire sports mogul's business partners is pushing a development plan in the city's suburbs that could be funded in part by taxpayer money.