- No new charges for boy's death 21 years after injuries Updated: Jul-29-15 3:22 pm
ST. LOUIS - A Missouri man who spent nine months in prison in the mid-1990s for an assault conviction after his 3-month-old son suffered injuries that left him with brain damage won't face new charges now that the son has died, a spokesman for the county's prosecutor says.
- 160-pound python killed in rural Missouri neighborhood Updated: Jul-29-15 3:07 pm
JONESBURG, Missouri - A resident of a Missouri neighborhood where a nearly 15-foot-long Burmese python was roaming for days has killed the snake.
- Effort starts to fight Kansas City's new minimum wage law Updated: Jul-29-15 2:44 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A new group of business owners is gathering signatures on petitions seeking to force a referendum to overturn a new law that will gradually increase Kansas City's minimum wage to $13 an hour.
- Kansas casino company seeks to build 4-story hotel Updated: Jul-29-15 2:02 pm
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Investors developing a state-owned gambling casino in southeast Kansas are seeking permission to build a four-story hotel.
- Chiefs safety Eric Berry back at practice after cancer fight Updated: Jul-29-15 1:47 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Pro Bowl safety Eric Berry returned to the Kansas City Chiefs' practice field Wednesday, just eight months after a cancer diagnosis threatened to derail his career.
- Chiefs release injured running back Cyrus Gray Updated: Jul-29-15 1:35 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Chiefs have released running back Cyrus Gray, who tore his ACL last November, in what coach Andy Reid described Wednesday as a "football decision."
- More than 60 cigarette-recycling bins installed in St. Louis Updated: Jul-29-15 1:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - Tired of discarded cigarette butts littering St. Louis streets and sidewalks, several organizations have partnered to install 62 recycling bins scattered across the city.
- Patience pays off for Missouri Powerball jackpot winner Updated: Jul-29-15 12:46 pm
ST. LOUIS - For two decades, Tom Rea of St. Louis played the same Powerball numbers.
- Missouri teen dies after being pulled from surf off NC beach Updated: Jul-29-15 11:41 am
EMERALD ISLE, North Carolina - A 16-year-old Missouri youth has drowned after being pulled from the surf off a North Carolina beach.
- Automatic weapons missing from Missouri sheriff's department Updated: Jul-29-15 11:13 am
OZARK, Missouri - Automatic weapons and weapon parts, including silencers, have gone missing from the Christian County Sheriff's Department, according to the interim sheriff.
- Body found in southeast Missouri flood waters identified Updated: Jul-29-15 9:07 am
CARUTHERSVILLE, Missouri - Authorities in Pemiscot County have identified the body of a woman found in flood waters.
- Funeral home visitation set for Post-Dispatch movie critic Updated: Jul-29-15 8:31 am
ST. LOUIS - Family and friends of a longtime St. Louis Post-Dispatch film critic killed in a one-vehicle wreck will have the opportunity to share their memories of him during a funeral home visitation this weekend.
- St. Louis authorities call woman's April death a homicide Updated: Jul-29-15 8:17 am
ST. LOUIS - Investigators say a Ferguson woman's death in St. Louis in April was a homicide.
- Police: Suspect in chase, another man killed in crash Updated: Jul-29-15 5:19 am
BRANSON, Missouri - Authorities say a suspect fleeing from Missouri police has crashed into another vehicle in Arkansas, killing him and another man.
- Renovated Missouri State residence hall won't open on time Updated: Jul-29-15 5:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Some Missouri State University students will be housed in hotels when the semester begins next month.
- Chiefs' Berry to practice 8 months after cancer diagnosis Updated: Jul-29-15 2:47 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Eight months after getting the stunning news that he had cancer, Chiefs Pro Bowl safety was expected back on the practice field Wednesday, a day after doctors gave him the all-clear.
- Police: Man shot in head at intersection near Florissant Updated: Jul-29-15 1:53 am
FLORISSANT, Missouri - St. Louis County police are investigating after they say a 21-year-old man was shot in the head while in his vehicle near Florissant.
- Police: Inmate assaults St. Peters officers in escape effort Updated: Jul-29-15 1:49 am
ST. PETERS, Missouri - Authorities say a corrections officer has been seriously injured after an inmate tried to escape from St. Peters police headquarters.
- One pitch hurts Garcia in Cardinals' 4-0 loss to Reds Updated: Jul-29-15 12:11 am
ST. LOUIS - Back from a long stint on the disabled list, Jaime Garcia matched zeroes with Mike Leake for five innings. One pitch doomed the St. Louis Cardinals lefty.
- Chiefs Pro Bowl DT Dontari Poe out after back surgery Updated: Jul-28-15 11:53 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs are facing a potentially devastating loss on defense, even though training camp doesn't begin for veterans until this weekend.
- Votto's shot, Leake's arm pace Reds past Cardinals 4-0 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:50 pm
ST. LOUIS - If that was Mike Leake's final turn in the rotation with the Cincinnati Reds, he ended with a flourish.
- Royals acquire versatile Ben Zobrist from A's Updated: Jul-28-15 9:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Back in college, Ben Zobrist once kicked Ned Yost out of his apartment.
- Hanaway urges stricter penalty for sale of fetal organs Updated: Jul-28-15 7:32 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Republican candidate for Missouri governor Catherine Hanaway during an anti-abortion rally Tuesday said the penalty for selling aborted fetus remains should be a felony, not a misdemeanor.
- Reds to honor Rose with bobblehead giveaway Updated: Jul-28-15 7:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Cincinnati Reds will honor Pete Rose with his first ever bobblehead giveaway Sept. 12 against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Man sentenced to 15 years for secretly recording young girls Updated: Jul-28-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man who followed women around area retail stores so he could secretly record videos up their skirts was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years in federal prison for attempting to produce child pornography.