- Penalties keep piling up for Rams Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Penalties remain an issue for the St. Louis Rams as the opener looms. They're 0-3 in the preseason after hurting themselves yet again.
- Relatives mad after court blocks suits over hospital deaths Updated: Aug-30-15 4:55 pm
CHILLICOTHE, Missouri - Relatives are outraged after the Missouri Supreme Court decided wrongful death litigation can't go forward against a northwest Missouri hospital where a nurse is accused of intentionally killing patients more than a decade ago.
- Hundreds mourn slain 9-year-old Ferguson girl Updated: Aug-30-15 3:25 pm
ST. LOUIS - Hundreds gathered to remember a 9-year-old girl who was killed when shots were fired into her Ferguson home as she did homework on her mother's bed.
- Deck collapse near Springfield sends 7 people to hospital Updated: Aug-30-15 12:35 pm
ROGERSVILLE, Missouri - A deck collapse at a home near Springfield has sent seven people to the hospital.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin building rapport Updated: Aug-30-15 12:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Smith was familiar with Jeremy Maclin long before the wide receiver signed with Kansas City, first catching him on television and then studying him on film with the Eagles.
- KC police find 1 dead, 2 wounded at home hit by arson Updated: Aug-30-15 11:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police have found a dead man and two other wounded victims at home where the front porch was set on fire several hours earlier.
- Chiefs settle on long snapper, waive 11 players Updated: Aug-30-15 11:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs have selected James Winchester to serve as their long snapper, waiving Andrew East and 10 others Sunday as they pare down to the 75-man roster limit by Tuesday afternoon.
- Amnesty program for delinquent Missouri taxpayers to begin Updated: Aug-30-15 10:41 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Hundreds of thousands of delinquent Missouri taxpayers will get the chance to pay back taxes without penalties or interest as part of a temporary amnesty program that's expected to bring in about $75 million.
- Luck gets first TD pass of preseason, Colts beat Rams 24-14 Updated: Aug-30-15 12:22 am
ST. LOUIS - Andrew Luck's first touchdown pass of the preseason helped get the Indianapolis Colts off to a fast start. The quarterback also took the blame for a lost fumble on his final play that handed over the lead.
- Aaron Murray gets chance to shine in Chiefs preseason game Updated: Aug-29-15 7:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The nerves were obvious when the Chiefs' Aaron Murray rolled to his left late in the first half Friday night, looked downfield and threw a perfect pass - right to a Tennessee defender.
- First drive in truck ends in flames at Missouri restaurant Updated: Aug-29-15 7:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A man's first drive in his new pickup truck has ended in flames in the drive-through of a Springfield restaurant.
- Ozark car dealers found guilty in meth distribution ring Updated: Aug-29-15 6:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Two southwest Missouri car dealers have been convicted in a scheme to launder drug money for a man with a criminal past.
- Missouri mother pleads guilty in toddler's drowning death Updated: Aug-29-15 6:31 pm
HOLT, Missouri - A western Missouri woman has pleaded guilty in the drowning death of her 19-month-old daughter.
- Man charged in pursuit in which KC officer fired shots Updated: Aug-29-15 6:13 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City man has been charged with trying to ram an officer, leading to gunfire.
- Court denies motions from man set to be executed Tuesday Updated: Aug-29-15 2:49 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Supreme Court has denied the latest legal challenges from a man scheduled to be executed Tuesday for raping and killing a 15-year-old Kansas City girl in 1989.
- Missouri sheriff says man killed in fight over woman Updated: Aug-29-15 2:22 pm
AVA, Missouri - Southwest Missouri authorities say a man has been fatally stabbed in a fight over a woman.
- Missouri man arrested in attack that killed man, hurt woman Updated: Aug-29-15 1:58 pm
MARBLE HILL, Missouri - Authorities say a suspect in a southeast Missouri attack that killed a man and critically injured a woman has been arrested after fleeing from deputies.
- Girl suffers from disorder that makes sunlight dangerous Updated: Aug-29-15 11:35 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - A 13-year-old southeast Missouri girl is living with a rare genetic disorder that makes exposure to sunlight especially dangerous.
- Belleville man charged in St. Louis New Year's Eve crash Updated: Aug-29-15 11:10 am
ST. LOUIS - A 27-year-old southern Illinois man has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with a New Year's Eve collision in St. Louis.
- Family seeks answers in East St. Louis strip club killing Updated: Aug-29-15 10:52 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - In the nearly six years since a southern Illinois man died in an East St. Louis strip club parking lot after being run over by a bouncer's pickup truck, court hearings for a reckless homicide charge have been postponed 16 times and the case is on its sixth judge - one of whom is in federal prison.
- As Common Core results trickle in, initial goals unfulfilled Updated: Aug-29-15 9:31 am
LOS ANGELES - Results for some of the states that participated in Common Core-aligned testing for the first time this spring are out, with overall scores higher than expected though still below what many parents may be accustomed to seeing.
- Smith sharp as Chiefs rout Titans 34-10 in preseason game Updated: Aug-28-15 11:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs' Alex Smith knows exactly how much weight Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota feels as the first-round pick tries to turn around the fortunes of Tennessee.
- White supremacist takes stand in Jewish site shootings Updated: Aug-28-15 10:41 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A white supremacist charged with killing three people at Jewish sites in suburban Kansas City spent more than two hours Friday telling jurors how he planned the attacks and is sorry he didn't kill more people.
- Barnett, Maggitt give No. 25 Vols fierce pass-rushing tandem Updated: Aug-28-15 10:33 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Opposing quarterbacks could encounter double trouble when they face Tennessee.
- St. Louis leaders agree to minimum wage increase to $11/hour Updated: Aug-28-15 8:40 pm
ST. LOUIS - The minimum wage in St. Louis would rise to $11 per hour by 2018 under a measure approved Friday.