- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 8:46 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Rays-Royals game postponed, tornado warnings in Kansas City Updated: Jul-06-15 8:42 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The game between the Tampa Bay Rays and Royals scheduled for Monday night was postponed about an hour before the first pitch as tornado sirens blared across the Kansas City metro area.
- Heavy storms hit Kansas City area Updated: Jul-06-15 8:34 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Heavy storms swept through the Kansas City area during rush hour Monday, spawning at least one tornado and yanking down power lines and trees. No injuries were reported.
- Nixon signs Missouri bill for stillborn baby tax exemption Updated: Jul-06-15 7:58 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri soon will have an income tax exemption for parents of stillborn children.
- Tentative plan to keep Amtrak running in Kansas and Missouri Updated: Jul-06-15 6:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Amtrak routes across Kansas and Missouri could keep running under a tentative agreement reached in a dispute over federally required safety systems, officials said Monday.
- Missouri to require business notification of tax changes Updated: Jul-06-15 6:40 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's tax collection agency soon will need to notify affected businesses when there are changes in sales tax policy once a bill signed Monday by Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon takes effect.
- Royals cut Frasor, place 3B Moustakas on bereavement list Updated: Jul-06-15 6:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals designated reliever Jason Frasor for assignment and placed third baseman Mike Moustakas on the bereavement list before Monday night's game against Tampa Bay.
- Women's World Cup final seen by record 26.7 million in US Updated: Jul-06-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - The United States' win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final was the most viewed soccer game in the history of American television.
- Former Harrison County prosecutor sentenced for stealing Updated: Jul-06-15 5:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A lawyer elected last year as a northwest Missouri county prosecutor faces more than three years in prison for stealing about $540,000 from an elderly client.
- Interstate 35 in Clay County reopens after gas leak Updated: Jul-06-15 5:16 pm
PLEASANT VALLEY, Missouri - Interstate 35 in Clay County near Liberty has reopened after being closed for more than four hours Monday.
- Judge tosses bid for probe of prosecutor in Ferguson case Updated: Jul-06-15 5:04 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge has tossed out a push by activists for an independent investigation of a prosecutor's handling of grand jury proceedings in the Ferguson police shooting of Michael Brown, ruling that the effort was "not only logically flawed but contrary to the principles of our criminal justice system."
- Mayor of Pine Lawn sentenced to nearly 3 years in prison Updated: Jul-06-15 4:20 pm
ST. LOUIS - The 55-year-old mayor of a St. Louis suburb has been sentenced to nearly three years in prison for demanding money from two companies in exchange for city business.
- Texas man sentenced to 10 years for seeking sex with minors Updated: Jul-06-15 3:44 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 42-year-old Texas man who admitted traveling to Missouri to have sex with two minors faces 10 years in federal prison.
- Utah using playful highway signs to encourage safe driving Updated: Jul-06-15 3:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah highway drivers may do a double take this summer when they look up and read what's on the digital signs overhead.
- Kansas City officials see no middle ground in wage debate Updated: Jul-06-15 2:36 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City officials are facing a self-imposed July 16 deadline to make a decision on whether to raise the local minimum wage, but after weeks of roundtable discussions between business interests and advocates for $15 an hour, neither side has been willing to budge.
- Missouri Powerball ticket worth $70 million Updated: Jul-06-15 2:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Someone who bought a Powerball lottery ticket in Missouri has won the $70 million jackpot.
- Man's ear bitten off during eastern Missouri dispute Updated: Jul-06-15 1:10 pm
WASHINGTON, Missouri - Authorities in eastern Missouri's Franklin County say one of a man's ears was bitten off during a weekend dispute.
- Missouri plans for Vicksburg monument fixes raises questions Updated: Jul-06-15 12:20 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Money set aside by Missouri lawmakers could mean repairs to cracked stone and broken bronze on the first state Civil War Memorial dedicated to soldiers of both armies, but state officials have raised concerns about the funding.
- Sikeston man accused of beating brother with hammer Updated: Jul-06-15 9:25 am
SIKESTON, Missouri - A 70-year-old southeast Missouri man is jailed on $25,000 bond after being accused of pummeling his brother on the head with a hammer.
- Police probe suburban St. Louis house fire that kills man Updated: Jul-06-15 8:39 am
UNIVERSITY CITY, Missouri - Authorities in suburban St. Louis' University City are probing as suspicious the cause of a weekend house fire that killed a man despite efforts by at least one neighbor to save him.
- St. Louis police: 2 pedestrians shot, wounded Updated: Jul-06-15 8:26 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis police are investigating apparently related weekend shootings that wounded two pedestrians a few blocks apart.
- Police look for man who groped woman on Missouri trail Updated: Jul-06-15 4:09 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Police are looking for a man accused of groping a woman and exposing himself on the Hinkson Creek Trail in Columbia.
- A-Rod deserves All-Star consideration Updated: Jul-06-15 3:35 am
A-Rod the All-Star?
- Kansas City woman arrested after police say she shot father Updated: Jul-06-15 1:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 28-year-old Kansas City woman has been arrested and faces assault charges after police say she shot her father.
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.