- Burkina Faso: 1 suspect still on the run after armory raid Updated: Jan-25-16 9:05 am
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Burkina Faso's army says one suspect remains on the loose following an armory raid last week that officials believe was carried out by members of a disbanded unit loyal to the former president.
- Burials begin for Burkina Faso nationals killed by jihadists Updated: Jan-23-16 6:47 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Burials have begun for the 10 Burkina Faso nationals killed in last week's attack on a cafe and hotel in the capital, Ouagadougou, highlighting the local toll suffered in the latest West African country targeted by Islamic extremists.
- West Africa braces for more attacks after Burkina Faso siege Updated: Jan-20-16 2:13 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - At the entrance to the King Fahd Palace hotel in Dakar, security guards inspect the trunks of every taxi at the gate, long before the vehicles get anywhere near the building itself.
- French PM says 6 attacked Burkina Faso hotel, 3 on loose Updated: Jan-20-16 8:14 am
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - France's prime minister said three attackers remain at large Wednesday following the attacks in Burkina Faso's capital, though authorities there insist that all those who carried out the assault had been shot dead.
- Survivors recall narrow escape from Burkina Faso attack Updated: Jan-17-16 5:24 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - As al-Qaida fighters attacked the cafe where he worked, Clement Djiguende was saved by chance: A jihadist who had been firing at patrons simply ran out of bullets.
- 4 members of Ukrainian family among dead in Burkina Faso Updated: Jan-17-16 3:49 pm
MOSCOW - Four members of a Ukrainian family, including a 9-year-old child, were among those killed when al-Qaida fighters attacked a popular cafe and hotel in Burkina Faso's capital of Ouagadougou, Ukraine's foreign minister said Sunday.
- Dutch volunteer among the dead in Burkina Faso hotel attack Updated: Jan-17-16 4:14 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch foreign minister says a 67-year-old Dutch man is among those killed when al-Qaida fighters attacked a popular cafe and hotel in Burkina Faso's capital of Ouagadougou.
- The Latest: Italian bishop says Burkina Faso is worried Updated: Jan-16-16 1:50 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The latest developments in the assault of a hotel by al-Qaida-linked gunmen in Burkina Faso's capital. All times are local:
- Burkina Faso issues warrant against Ivory Coast lawmaker Updated: Jan-15-16 11:59 am
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Burkina Faso's military tribunal has issued an arrest warrant for Ivory Coast's parliamentary speaker for his alleged role in a short-lived coup in September, an official said Friday.