- Bayern Munich held to 0-0 at Leverkusen in Bundesliga Updated: Feb-06-16 3:13 pm
BERLIN - Bayern Munich missed the chance to go 10 points clear in the Bundesliga after being held to a scoreless draw at Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.
- Russia says it will offer new ideas to restart Syria talks Updated: Feb-05-16 4:24 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Facing Western criticism over the halt to Syria peace talks, Russia said Friday it plans to present new ideas on how to restart peace efforts at a meeting of nearly 20 key nations on Feb. 11.
- Bayern coach Pep Guardiola hits out at media treatment Updated: Feb-05-16 7:19 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola says there is no conflict between his current position and preparing for his future role at Manchester City.
- Germany: teenage finder to keep gold bar discovered in lake Updated: Feb-04-16 12:47 pm
BERLIN - A teenager in Germany can keep a 500-gram (17.6-ounce) bar of gold that she found in an Alpine lake last year and handed in to police.
- Bayern signing Serdar Tasci injured in 1st training session Updated: Feb-03-16 10:05 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich loan signing Serdar Tasci was being examined for suspected concussion after suffering a head injury in his first training session on Wednesday.
- Bayern's Javi Martinez has knee surgery, out for 4 weeks Updated: Feb-02-16 7:55 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says defender Javi Martinez will be sidelined for about four weeks following surgery to remove damaged cartilage in his left knee.
- The Latest: Stoke signs $26m Imbula in winter's biggest deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - The Latest on European soccer transfer deadline day (all times local):
- Siemens sees profit rise sharply in final quarter of 2015 Updated: Jan-25-16 3:12 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Siemens AG, maker of trains, power turbines and medical machines, says net profit rose 42 percent in the company's most recent quarter compared with a year earlier.
- Bayern defender Boateng needs 'long break' with groin injury Updated: Jan-24-16 9:39 am
- Former Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness in early release Updated: Jan-18-16 9:41 am
MUNICH - A German court says former Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has been approved for early release from prison and will be freed on Feb. 29.
- Bayern Munich loses to 2nd division team in warmup Updated: Jan-16-16 1:08 pm
KARLSRUHE, Germany - Bayern Munich's only warmup match before the Bundesliga restarts ended in a 2-1 defeat at second-division Karlsruhe and the expulsion of defender Jerome Boateng on Saturday.
- Column: Coe's small step on IAAF road to redemption Updated: Jan-15-16 10:18 am
MUNICH - One short plane ride, one small step on track and field's marathon road to redemption.
- The Latest: Olympic committee to work closely with IAAF Updated: Jan-14-16 12:31 pm
MUNICH - The Latest from the IAAF investigation (all times local):
- Experts: more work needed on past of German art trove Updated: Jan-14-16 9:59 am
BERLIN - More work is needed to confirm the past of hundreds of works of art hoarded by collector Cornelius Gurlitt, experts said Thursday, and Germany's culture minister pledged to try to get to the bottom of where they all came from.
- Gianluca Gaudino joins St. Gallen on loan from Bayern Munich Updated: Jan-09-16 11:16 am
MUNICH - Gianluca Gaudino became the third player to leave Bayern Munich in this winter transfer window when he joined Swiss club St. Gallen in a loan deal on Saturday.
- Germany publishes 'Mein Kampf' for 1st time since WWII Updated: Jan-08-16 11:43 am
MUNICH - An annotated edition of "Mein Kampf," the first version of Adolf Hitler's notorious manifesto to be published in Germany since the end of World War II, went on sale Friday in an effort to demystify the book and debunk the Nazi leader's writing.
- Hertha Berlin signs forward Sinan Kurt from Bayern Munich Updated: Jan-07-16 9:54 am
BERLIN - Hertha Berlin has signed German forward Sinan Kurt from Bayern Munich.