- Closing arguments set in federal cyberstalking trial Updated: Jul-07-15 11:44 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Closing arguments are set in the federal conspiracy and cyberstalking case against the widow and children of a man who killed his ex-daughter-in-law at a Delaware courthouse.
- Officials: Wilmington gunshots decreased over past year Updated: Jul-07-15 9:15 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - According to a newly installed gunshot detection system, Wilmington has experienced a sharp decrease in gunshots in the last six months, compared to the six months previous.
- Delaware governor signs indoor ban on electronic cigarettes Updated: Jul-07-15 4:49 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Legislation adding electronic cigarettes to Delaware's indoor smoking ban is about to become law.
- Commercial horseshoe crab fishery in Del. to close July 9 Updated: Jul-06-15 9:10 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Fish and wildlife officials say Delaware's commercial horseshoe crab fishery is set to close as its quote nears.
- Driver injured when dump truck falls on its side in Delaware Updated: Jul-06-15 7:01 pm
BEAR, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a dump truck driver was seriously injured when his vehicle hit a guardrail and fell onto its side.
- Stinging Portuguese man-of-war seen on Delaware beaches Updated: Jul-06-15 4:47 pm
DOVER, Delaware - State natural resources officials are urging beachgoers to beware of stinging Portuguese man-of-war, which have returned to Delaware after a 15-year absence.
- Correction: Back Deck Death-Newark story Updated: Jul-06-15 12:34 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - In a story July 5 about a man who died after falling off a deck, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the man who died was a University of Delaware student. Police say he was not a University of Delaware student.
- Police: Driver who caused 4-car crash cited; 15 injured Updated: Jul-06-15 8:45 am
MILLSBORO, Delaware - A driver has been cited after 15 people were injured in a four-vehicle crash in Millsboro.
- Del. fire officials investigating arson at swim club Updated: Jul-05-15 4:58 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is seeking suspects accused of deliberately starting a fire inside a Wilmington swim club complex.
- Police investigating fatal crash in New Castle County Updated: Jul-05-15 11:49 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - One man is dead after a fatal car wreck in Milltown.
- Amtrak unveils new locomotive for veterans Updated: Jul-05-15 9:07 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Sen. Tom Carper addressed a crowd of about 200 Amtrak workers donning hard-hats at a ceremony today to unveil an old glory-colored locomotive with the words, "Amtrak's railroad salutes our veterans."
- Man critical after motorcycle crash near Middletown Updated: Jul-04-15 3:49 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Delaware - Paramedics in New Castle County say a man is in critical condition after crashing his motorcycle near Middletown.
- New Castle police program credited with helping ill senior Updated: Jul-04-15 3:31 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Authorities in Delaware say a program that calls seniors to check on their welfare has helped a woman who was having a medical emergency.
- Delaware on alert for mosquitoes after recent rain Updated: Jul-04-15 2:14 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Officials in Delaware are warning of an increase in the mosquito population after near-record rainfall in the state.
- Celebrations planned throughout Delaware for July Fourth Updated: Jul-04-15 1:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware is celebrating the Fourth of July with parades, food-eating contests and fireworks.
- Beach reopens after end of piping plover nesting season Updated: Jul-03-15 4:17 am
DOVER, Delaware - Just in time for the long holiday weekend, state officials say a stretch of ocean beach between Gordons Pond and Herring Point at Cape Henlopen has been reopened following the piping plover nesting season.
- 3 teenage girls hit after 2-vehicle collision Updated: Jul-02-15 6:54 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - Delaware State Police say three girls were hit by a car forced onto the sidewalk after colliding with another vehicle.
- Man arrested after Wilmington bank is robbed Updated: Jul-02-15 4:57 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police have arrested a man after a bank was robbed.
- Dover restaurant burglarized, cash stolen Updated: Jul-02-15 3:25 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police say a restaurant was broken into and money taken from the cash register.
- Police: Man tried to hid heroin bags under parked car Updated: Jul-02-15 9:31 am
ELSMERE, Delaware - A 22-year-old man is facing drug charges after police say he tried to get rid of hundreds of bags of heroin while fleeing from officers in northern Delaware.
- Widener University announces re-branding as Delaware Law Updated: Jul-02-15 9:04 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Widener University School of Law has announced that, under a re-branding effort, it will now be called the Delaware Law School.
- Budget matters loom large on legislative session's final day Updated: Jul-01-15 6:56 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware lawmakers approved a $3.9 billion operating budget early Wednesday, shortly after the start of the new fiscal year, after resolving an impasse over a transportation funding bill that was the subject of partisan bickering and intense closed-door negotiations between Republicans and Democrats.
- New Delaware law allows immigrant driving cards Updated: Jun-30-15 11:19 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell has signed legislation allowing certain people living in the U.S. illegally to gain driving privileges in Delaware.
- Man with 67 pit bulls at Del. home sentenced for dogfighting Updated: Jun-30-15 9:07 pm
HOUSTON, Delaware - A Delaware man has been sentenced to more than 7 years in prison for dogfighting after 67 pit bulls were found at his home.
- Man robbed at gunpoint in restaurant parking lot Updated: Jun-30-15 8:08 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - Newark Police are looking for a man who robbed a restaurant employee at gunpoint in the parking lot.