- State fines Bridgewater College for waste violations Updated: Jul-27-15 2:17 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Bridgewater College has been fined $13,000 by state regulators for hazardous waste management violations.
- Emerald ash borer spreading in Shenandoah National Park Updated: Jul-24-15 5:31 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Shenandoah National Park officials say the destructive emerald ash borer has spread to three new Virginia counties in the park.
- Va. faith-based school drops same-sex marriage hiring ban Updated: Jul-21-15 12:24 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Eastern Mennonite University says it will no longer discriminate against job prospects who are in same-sex marriages.
- Va. teacher fired amid accusations he had sex with student Updated: Jul-17-15 1:23 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - A 44-year-old Harrisonburg teacher and track coach has been fired after his arrest on felony charges he had a sexual relationship with a student.
- Committee formed to find next Eastern Mennonite president Updated: Jul-12-15 11:56 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Eastern Mennonite University is beginning a search for its next president.
- Rockingham company agrees to pay fine for waste violations Updated: Jul-09-15 8:35 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - A Rockingham County company has agreed to pay a $13,500 fine for waste violations.
- Va. battlefields historic district rebrands for mobile users Updated: Jul-06-15 12:50 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - The Shenandoah Valley Battlefields National Historic District has undergone a rebranding to reach modern travelers and highlight the need for continued preservation efforts.
- Animals with special needs face hurdles to finding a home Updated: Jul-04-15 10:09 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Jenny, a 2-year-old spayed American bulldog, has a torn ACL in one leg and is deaf. She needs a foster home to take her in until she can get surgery to repair the leg.
- Jamaican citizen sentenced in Va. for lottery scam Updated: Jul-01-15 7:22 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - A Jamaican citizen living in Virginia has been sentenced for his role in an international lottery scam.