- Woman charged with manslaughter after crash kills passenger Updated: May-28-16 11:17 am
LUVERNE, Alabama - Authorities say an Alabama woman accused of causing a single-vehicle crash that claimed the life of her passenger has been arrested.
- Montgomery unveiling Korean War monument Updated: May-27-16 4:06 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The city of Montgomery is unveiling a monument to the Korean War ahead of Memorial Day.
- Defendant cleared in 2013 Montgomery slaying Updated: May-26-16 4:47 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Montgomery man has been acquitted in connection with the 2013 slaying of a 29-year-old man.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: May-25-16 2:55 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Officials: Woman accused of setting mother's house on fire Updated: May-25-16 4:40 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A 51-year-old woman has been accused of setting fire to her mother's house while the woman was still inside.
- Montgomery teenager killed in crash after high-speed chase Updated: May-24-16 4:04 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Montgomery teenager has died after the car he was riding inside crashed during a high-speed chase.
- 2 arrested, 1 sought in fatal Prattville shooting, robbery Updated: May-23-16 7:56 pm
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - Authorities say two teens have been arrested in the death of a 56-year-old man who was robbed and shot over the weekend.
- Car chase after attempted burglary ends in fatal crash Updated: May-23-16 2:47 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Authorities say a person was killed and three others were injured in a crash after a high speed chase in Montgomery County.
- Surviving Freedom Riders recall violence faced 55 years ago Updated: May-23-16 9:56 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In 1961, the Freedom Riders embarked on a journey to change America as they resolved to ride buses from Washington, D.C., to New Orleans while testing how integrated Southern bus stations actually were.
- Supporters hold rally for Alabama chief justice Updated: May-21-16 5:02 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Supporters of suspended Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore held rally in Montgomery.
- Correction: Obit-World's Oldest Person story Updated: May-19-16 9:39 pm
NEW YORK - In a story May 13 about the death of Susannah Mushatt Jones, The Associated Press reported erroneously who had preceded her as the world's oldest person. Jones became Guinness World Records' official oldest person following the death of a 116-year-old Michigan woman in June, not a 117-year-old Japanese woman.
- Census data: Huntsville could become Alabama's largest city Updated: May-19-16 8:41 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - New Census data shows that Huntsville could be on track to become the state's largest city by around 2030.
- AEA files lawsuit to halt health premium increases Updated: May-17-16 6:14 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Education Association on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against the state teacher's insurance board over what AEA attorneys say is a violation of the Open Meetings Act.
- Couple selling steak spice from closed Alabama butcher shop Updated: May-17-16 12:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Generations of Montgomery residents built their summer cookouts around a trip to Penny Profit, a butcher shop where they picked up meat caked in a savory rub called Black Magic.
- Racing driver sells Alabama estate Updated: May-16-16 8:42 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A small country road winds through green pastures, where horses graze as the occasional cloud drifts by. It leads to a sprawling, 4.7-acre estate sheltered by tall pines in the small east Montgomery County community of Mathews.
- Man killed in accident at Selma Motorsports Park Updated: May-15-16 4:38 pm
SELMA, Alabama - Officials say a Montgomery man has died after an accident at the Selma Motorsports Park.
- Prison officials says strike by Alabama inmates has ended Updated: May-13-16 4:05 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Officials say inmates have ended a work stoppage meant to protest conditions at two Alabama prisons.
- NY judge gives long-sought Alabama man prison for murder Updated: May-05-16 5:59 am
NEW YORK - A judge in New York has sentenced an Alabama resident to prison for shooting a man in the face outside a New Year's Eve party in 1991.
- Alabama man wanted in April slaying arrested in New York Updated: May-04-16 7:15 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A man who was previously convicted of murder and manslaughter has been arrested in western New York after police say he shot another person to death in his Alabama home.
- Issues to watch in the final days of the session Updated: May-02-16 8:03 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers on Tuesday begin the final two days of the legislative session with some major decisions before them. Lawmakers plan to meet Tuesday and then adjourn the session Wednesday. Here are three issues to watch in the 2016 session's final hours.
- Inmates, others indicted for mailing cell phones to jail Updated: May-02-16 4:46 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Authorities say 3 inmates and 4 other people have been indicted and are accused of attempting to have cell phones mailed into the Montgomery jail.
- Gas tax, lottery bills dead as legislature nears end Updated: Apr-30-16 11:39 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Lawmakers return to Montgomery on Tuesday for the two days of the 2016 legislative session.