- Issues to watch in the final days of the session Updated: May-02-16 8:03 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers on Tuesday begin the final two days of the legislative session with some major decisions before them. Lawmakers plan to meet Tuesday and then adjourn the session Wednesday. Here are three issues to watch in the 2016 session's final hours.
- Inmates, others indicted for mailing cell phones to jail Updated: May-02-16 4:46 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Authorities say 3 inmates and 4 other people have been indicted and are accused of attempting to have cell phones mailed into the Montgomery jail.
- Gov. Bentley no-show at state auditor summons Updated: May-02-16 4:20 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - If Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler had his druthers on Monday morning, he would have interviewed an empty chair.
- Gas tax, lottery bills dead as legislature nears end Updated: Apr-30-16 11:39 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Lawmakers return to Montgomery on Tuesday for the two days of the 2016 legislative session.
- House approves prison construction after lengthy debate Updated: Apr-29-16 12:34 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House of Representatives on Thursday approved Gov. Robert Bentley's $800 million prison construction proposal, but with a major condition.
- US Marshals seek fugitive accused of murder, armed robbery Updated: Apr-28-16 9:45 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - U.S. Marshals in Alabama and Florida are seeking a fugitive wanted for murder, attempted murder and armed robbery.
- Marine, girlfriend get life in prison for killing man's wife Updated: Apr-28-16 4:14 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Marine Corps veteran and his girlfriend have both been sentenced to life in prison for killing the veteran's wife three years ago.
- Alabama VFW official arrested on theft charge Updated: Apr-27-16 11:48 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama leader of a national veterans group has been arrested on a charge of embezzling from the organization.
- $10,000 reward being offered for whereabouts of missing teen Updated: Apr-26-16 12:45 pm
LUVERNE, Alabama - The FBI and an Alabama sheriff hope a new reward will help them locate a missing 18-year-old woman.
- Former Alabama Chief Justice Perry Hooper Sr. dies at 91 Updated: Apr-24-16 5:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The son of former Alabama Chief Justice Perry Hooper Sr. says his father has died at the age of 91.
- Donors keep young doctors in Montgomery Updated: Apr-23-16 1:57 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Virginia Whitfield pauses, then apologizes for getting so passionate.
- Montgomery Co. school bus driver arrested for DUI Updated: Apr-22-16 10:04 am
MOUNT STERLING, Kentucky - A Montgomery County Public Schools bus driver has been suspended from his job after being arrested for drunken driving at a school.
- Bentley releases income tax returns Updated: Apr-18-16 5:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Monday released his 2015 income tax returns, the first since losing a significant portion of his assets in his divorce from former first lady Dianne Bentley.
- Woman arrested after fatal shooting of other woman Updated: Apr-10-16 1:59 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Police say a woman accused of shooting another woman to death has been arrested in southwest Alabama.
- Runoffs in 2 state school board races Tuesday Updated: Apr-10-16 11:24 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Some Alabama voters head to the polls Tuesday for primary runoffs in two state school board races and other down ballot elections. Here's what to look for in Tuesday's election.
- Senate votes to create innocence commission Updated: Apr-07-16 6:57 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Senate on Thursday approved legislation - inspired by the case of a death row inmate - that would create a state commission to review innocence claims in capital convictions.
- State Senate approves $800 million prison construction bill Updated: Apr-05-16 11:08 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Senate on Tuesday approved an $800 million prison construction bill over objections from both parties about a lack of debate on the issue.
- More two-man patrols after solo officer killed Alabama man Updated: Apr-04-16 11:42 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - More two-officer police teams are patrolling the streets of Montgomery, Alabama, after a white officer on a solo patrol shot and killed a black man in February.