- Next up in NY Legislature: Uber, ethics and NYC schools Updated: May-01-16 1:51 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York lawmakers will return to Albany on Tuesday to begin the final weeks of their work for 2016, confronting a to-do list that includes a possible upstate expansion for Uber, a decision on control of public schools in New York City and the challenge of addressing Albany's perennial corruption problem.
- Democrat Kaminsky wins ballot count in NY Senate race Updated: Apr-29-16 5:27 pm
ALBANY, New York - Democrat Todd Kaminsky has emerged as the winner of a New York Senate race on Long Island, although Republican Chris McGrath still hasn't conceded.
- College teams compete for $500K in business plan competition Updated: Apr-29-16 5:55 am
ALBANY, New York - Dozens of teams of New York college students are competing to turn their business plans into reality.
- The Latest: Ballot count continues in NY Senate race Updated: Apr-27-16 5:54 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Latest on the counting of absentee ballots in the contested New York state Senate election on Long Island (all times local):
- Albany man convicted in shooting death is heading to prison Updated: Apr-27-16 5:50 am
SCHENECTADY, New York - An Albany man convicted of second-degree murder in the shooting death of a 26-year-old man is heading to prison.
- Schumer seeks help for Albany's iconic 'Nipper' building Updated: Apr-25-16 7:39 am
ALBANY, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer is pushing for federal and state officials to give a special designation to an Albany-area icon.
- Democrats: Don't delay Senate swearing in for Kaminsky Updated: Apr-21-16 12:55 pm
ALBANY, New York - Democrats say the swearing in of New York's newest state senator shouldn't be delayed because Senate Republicans are demanding a full recount in the election on Long Island to replace ex-GOP Senate Leader Dean Skelos, who was convicted of corruption.
- More upstate mayors join call to let Uber expand Updated: Apr-21-16 10:31 am
ALBANY, New York - The mayors of four cities in upstate New York have joined an effort to allow Uber to expand outside of New York City.
- Albany stabbing leaves 3 injured, man charged Updated: Apr-20-16 2:34 pm
ALBANY, New York - An Albany man faces attempted murder charges after a 12-year-old boy and two adults were stabbed in what authorities are calling a domestic incident.
- United flight delayed in NY when passenger utters 'bomb' Updated: Apr-20-16 10:38 am
ALBANY, New York - A United Airlines flight has been delayed at a New York airport after a male passenger uttered the word "bomb."
- The Latest: Democrat Kaminsky declares win for NY Senate Updated: Apr-19-16 11:45 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Latest on the special legislative elections in New York (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- New York voters speak out on primary that's like few others Updated: Apr-19-16 7:32 pm
NEW YORK - Voters across the state are casting ballots in presidential primaries that could be pivotal for Republicans and Democrats.
- Cuomo vows to support organized labor in NY Updated: Apr-19-16 5:34 pm
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday that he believes in the labor movement, telling union construction workers he won't sign legislation in New York that's not fair to organized labor.
- Traveling exhibit of New York shipwrecks coming to Albany Updated: Apr-18-16 1:04 pm
ALBANY, New York - A traveling exhibit of New York shipwrecks is heading for Albany.
- State opens new campground near Hudson River Updated: Apr-18-16 12:53 am
SCHODACK LANDING, New York - The New York state parks system has opened a new campground by the Hudson River.
- New York becomes last state to remove ban on pro MMA fights Updated: Apr-14-16 5:45 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York ended its ban on professional mixed martial arts - the last hold-out in the nation - opening the cages for major fights in its big venues and lower-level scraps across the state.
- Trump campaign comes to northern New York Updated: Apr-14-16 5:14 pm
PLATTSBURGH, New York - Donald Trump is making some more stops in upstate New York ahead of the state's April 19 primary, with events scheduled in Plattsburgh, Syracuse and Watertown.
- NY attorney general sues insurer over hepatitis C treatment Updated: Apr-14-16 2:58 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has filed a lawsuit against an Albany-area health insurer that he says broke the law by denying coverage for expensive hepatitis C treatments until patients showed advanced symptoms of the disease such as moderate to severe liver scarring.
- Sanders cheers strikers as 39K Verizon workers walk out Updated: Apr-13-16 7:50 pm
NEW YORK - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders cheered on striking Verizon workers Wednesday after 39,000 landline and cable employees walked off the job.
- Nurses push NY lawmakers to pass minimum staffing law Updated: Apr-13-16 4:43 pm
ALBANY, New York - Nearly 2,000 nurses from around New York state traveled to the Capitol in Albany on Wednesday to urge lawmakers to pass a minimum staffing law that would mandate how many nurses are on duty at hospitals and nursing homes.
- The Latest: Bernie Sanders joins Verizon picket line in NYC Updated: Apr-13-16 12:25 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a strike by tens of thousands of Verizon landline and cable workers whose contract expired in August (all times local):
- NY office, Astor heir, urge blowing whistle on elder crimes Updated: Apr-12-16 10:33 am
ALBANY, New York - New York has confirmed more than 7,000 claims from crime victims over age 60 in the past three years, though state authorities think many more older New Yorkers face unreported injuries, thefts and abuse, often by caregivers.
- Police: Man killed in 1-car crash on suburban Albany road Updated: Apr-12-16 6:13 am
GUILDERLAND, New York - Authorities say a 23-year-old man has died in a one-car crash near a high-traffic stretch of a suburban Albany road.
- 3 presidential candidates heading for events in Albany Updated: Apr-11-16 7:05 am
ALBANY, New York - Road closures and parking restrictions are in effect in parts of downtown Albany as three of the U.S. presidential candidates plan to make appearances in New York's capital.
- Long Island Senate race holds wider implications for Albany Updated: Apr-10-16 10:53 am
ALBANY, New York - Voters on Long island will soon pick a replacement for a convicted former top lawmaker in a contest that could help give Democrats complete control over New York state government.