- SEC, ACC combine for 13 of 16 NCAA baseball tourney sites Updated: May-30-16 12:23 am
NEW YORK - The Southeastern Conference and Atlantic Coast Conference will feel right at home on the road to Omaha.
- Oklahoma defeats Louisiana-Lafayette in NCAA Super Regional Updated: May-28-16 12:19 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - No. 3 seeded Oklahoma held off a late rally by No. 14 Louisiana-Lafayette to defeat the Ragin' Cajuns 7-6 in the NCAA softball Norman Super Regional.
- Louisiana man pleads guilty to defrauding illegal immigrants Updated: May-26-16 5:43 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Louisiana man has pleaded guilty to a charge that he preyed on dozens of illegal immigrants in federal detention facilities by promising them legal assistance but taking their money without providing any help.
- Lafayette man indicted in two-year-old shooting death Updated: May-26-16 8:05 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A 33-year-old Lafayette man has been indicted on a count of second-degree murder in a 2014 shooting death that went unsolved for more than a year.
- Feds: Opelousas hacker sentenced to 1 year in prison Updated: May-26-16 7:33 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a 29-year-old Opelousas computer hacker has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for stealing money, hacking computers and trying to sell information on a hacking forum.
- Former Lafayette Mayor-President Joey Durel joins IBERIABANK Updated: May-24-16 2:20 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Joey Durel, the former three-term mayor president of Lafayette Consolidated Government, is joining IBERIABANK as business development officer for the Lafayette area.
- Lafayette's Cajundome undergoes $22M renovation Updated: May-24-16 8:01 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette's Cajundome is undergoing a $22 million makeover. The renovations will bring new and expanded seating, new lights, upgrades for concession areas and restrooms, and a clean roof.
- Late-season surge lifts Louisiana-Lafayette in Sun Belt Updated: May-23-16 5:37 pm
Louisiana-Lafayette has come within one step of reaching the College World Series in each of the last two seasons, falling each time in super regionals.
- Assembly of Bell Helicopter Jet Ranger X leaving Louisiana Updated: May-20-16 8:25 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Bell Helicopter says it will assemble its 505 Jet Ranger X in Canada, and abandon plans to build the new-model aircraft at a $26.3 million Lafayette facility.
- 'Cajun John Wayne' enters Louisiana's 3rd District race Updated: May-19-16 10:54 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A law enforcement official known as "the Cajun John Wayne" is running for the 3rd Congressional District seat representing south central and southwest Louisiana.
- District attorney sues Lafayette government over funding Updated: May-19-16 4:59 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Fifteenth Judicial District Attorney Keith Stutes has filed a lawsuit against Lafayette Consolidated Government to prevent funding cuts to the District Attorney's Office.
- Lafayette council approves Redflex contract extension Updated: May-18-16 12:12 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette City-Parish Council has approved the extension of a traffic camera operator's contract with the city.
- CGI Federal's new tech center dedicated at UL-Lafayette Updated: May-18-16 1:17 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Canadian information technology company's new 50,000-square-foot technology center has been formally dedicated at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's Research Park.
- Vote on downtown Lafayette bar zoning expected in July Updated: May-17-16 8:27 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A new policy on bars in Lafayette's downtown district likely won't come until July.
- Louisiana IceGators suspend operations for 2016-17 season Updated: May-16-16 3:21 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Louisiana IceGators will suspend operations for the 2016-17 hockey season because of renovations at the Cajundome, the team's home arena.
- Man to be released after serving 10 months in death of teen Updated: May-14-16 4:20 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A man who fatally shot a teenager in 2013 who was sentenced to 13 months in prison is due to be released Sunday after serving 10 months.
- 8 suits filed over crude oil spill along Bayou Teche Updated: May-14-16 4:11 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Eight lawsuits have been filed by people seeking damages from a Texas industrial services company that spilled about 12,500 gallons of crude oil in March along and into the Bayou Teche.
- Suspect arrested in cold case homicide, shooting Updated: May-11-16 8:52 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette police detectives arrested a 24-year-old man suspected in a May 2015 cold case homicide and an unrelated shooting three days earlier.
- Oil slump hits PHI Inc. earnings Updated: May-11-16 8:09 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The energy industry's continued struggles helped drag down the first-quarter results of PHI Inc., a Lafayette-based helicopter transportation company.
- At what age an adult? Many in Louisiana say 17 is too young Updated: May-07-16 11:42 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - At 17, Devin Harris is not old enough to buy a pack of cigarettes. But when he was accused of trying to use someone else's credit card to buy cigarettes, he swiftly realized that - at least when it comes to the criminal justice system - the state of Louisiana considers him to be an adult.
- Lafayette schools face budget problems, lost jobs Updated: May-06-16 4:26 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Facing budget problems, the Lafayette Parish school system may have to cut dozens of positions and freeze salaries next school year.
- Ex-postal worker pleads guilty to stealing gift cards Updated: May-06-16 2:42 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a 36-year-old Lafayette woman has pleaded guilty to stealing gift cards when she was working for the U.S. Postal Service.
- Highway official: I-49 opponents should quit design panel Updated: May-05-16 8:42 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A state transportation official is telling opponents of a conventional interstate highway through Lafayette that they should consider resigning from a design advisory committee.
- Youngsville police reach residents with phone app, website Updated: May-03-16 8:18 am
YOUNGSVILLE, Louisiana - The Youngsville Police Department is looking to increase transparency and communication between it and the community with a smartphone application and a newly designed website.
- Mental health groups combining efforts in Lafayette Updated: May-02-16 8:03 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - About 60 people from the legal system, law enforcement and social service agencies in Lafayette who deal with the mentally ill are trying to come up with better ways to address challenges posed by those who suffer from mental illness.