- Officials: Lafayette junkyards allowed to operate - for now Updated: Jun-02-15 1:23 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Despite the recent adoption of new zoning regulations, Lafayette officials are still allowing salvage yards to operate within city limits - at least for now.
- New construction coming for Lafayette schools Updated: Jun-02-15 8:10 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Dozens of construction projects still are on the books for the Lafayette Parish School System, creating a wide-ranging list that includes everything from new paint to repairing air conditioning systems to more parking.
- Teen accused of killing man mentally fit to stand trial Updated: Jun-02-15 7:19 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - One of two psychologists called on to examine a Lafayette youth accused in the 2014 killing of a flea market employee says teen is mentally fit to stand trial.
- Lafayette board sends budget proposal for public view Updated: Jun-02-15 6:59 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board has given the green light for its $430 million budget to head to the public for review of the proposed 2015-16 spending plan.
- UCLA out, but other national seeds move to super regionals Updated: Jun-02-15 2:17 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - No. 1 UCLA is out of the NCAA baseball tournament, while all seven of the other national seeds will head to super regionals.
- Louisiana-Lafayette advances to Super Regionals Updated: Jun-01-15 6:00 pm
HOUSTON - Evan Powell's two-run single lifted Louisiana-Lafayette to the Super Regionals with a 5-2 victory over Rice on Monday.
- Louisiana-Lafayette beats Houston 2-1 in NCAA regional play Updated: May-31-15 6:56 pm
HOUSTON - Tyler Girouard was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded in the ninth to bring home the winning run in Louisiana-Lafayette's 2-1 victory over Houston on Sunday in NCAA regional play.
- No indictment in death after man said he couldn't breathe Updated: May-31-15 6:24 pm
SCOTT, Louisiana - A Lafayette Parish grand jury has declined to indict officers who held a man down, with officers at on top of him, while he said, "I can't breathe."
- Rain forces suspension, postponement in Houston Regional Updated: May-30-15 10:15 pm
HOUSTON - The Rice-Houston Baptist elimination game in the Houston Regional was suspended in the top of the fourth inning due to lightning and rain on Saturday.
- Man pleads guilty to trying to ship guns and ammo to Lebanon Updated: May-27-15 8:29 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Louisiana man has pleaded guilty to a federal charge of attempting to ship four pistols, two rifles, a shotgun and thousands of rounds of ammunition to his native Lebanon.
- Homeowners seek city's help with bad landlords, tenants Updated: May-27-15 11:59 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Several Lafayette homeowners asked the Lafayette City-Parish Council on Tuesday for help with landlords and tenants who don't maintain rental properties in their neighborhoods.
- Lafayette School Board weighs cost-saving measures Updated: May-27-15 10:50 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette School Board has started voting on cost-cutting measures to balance its budget ahead of the new school year.
- Lafayette coroner: Inmate died from natural causes Updated: May-27-15 6:44 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette Parish inmate pronounced dead at the jail on Friday died from natural causes. That's according to a preliminary report released Tuesday by the Lafayette Parish Coroner's Office.
- Environmentalists: Trees cut on public land without approval Updated: May-25-15 2:55 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Environmentalists are angry that no action has been taken against developers who cut down trees on state property without permission.
- Jeanerette police chief arrested in probe into topless bar Updated: May-25-15 2:25 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Jeanerette's police chief has been placed on paid leave following his arrest on charges relating to the investigation of a Lafayette topless bar.
- Lafayette Police: Jeanerette police chief arrested Updated: May-23-15 1:33 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Police in Lafayette say the police chief of a neighboring town has been arrested.
- Taxpayers dedicated proceeds to teachers Updated: May-21-15 4:24 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board is trimming the number of employees who are eligible to receive salary bonuses from sales tax revenues dedicated for teacher salaries.
- Frank's International confirms layoffs in Lafayette Updated: May-20-15 4:05 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Frank's International is laying off 150 of its employees in Lafayette, part of the company's global effort to trim its workforce by 400 to 600 workers.
- Discussion continues on high school for Lafayette Parish Updated: May-15-15 11:33 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Talks continue about the possibility of building a new public high school in Lafayette Parish.
- Airport commission considers changing construction method Updated: May-15-15 11:19 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Airport Commission has slowed down the process of building a $90 million passenger terminal to examine closely how to carry out what will be a yearslong, complex project.
- Liberian ambassador to speak at UL-Lafayette commencement Updated: May-14-15 6:57 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Jeremiah C. Sulunteh, Liberian ambassador to the United States, will be keynote speaker at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's spring 2015 commencement Friday in the Cajundome.
- Waiting lists swell for Lafayette charter schools Updated: May-13-15 11:17 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Nearly 700 students are on waiting lists for two Lafayette charter schools.
- Trial date for former Lafayette superintendent's lawsuit Updated: May-13-15 8:07 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Former Lafayette Parish school superintendent Pat Cooper's challenge of his November firing heads to trial Sept. 15.
- More than 40 school system positions cut in Lafayette Updated: May-13-15 5:53 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board approved cutting more than 40 positions in proposed changes in the district's 2015-16 budget.
- 13th-seed Louisiana-Lafayette to host NCAA softball regional Updated: May-12-15 6:47 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Lafayette's softball team has been awarded a No. 13 seed and will be hosting an NCAA regional bracket this weekend.