- La.-Lafayette acknowledges NCAA probe, sanctions itself Updated: Oct-12-15 1:57 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Lafayette officials say their football program is under investigation by the NCAA because a former assistant coach allegedly schemed to fraudulently boost certain recruits' standardized test scores.
- Man, 55, accused of killing 64-year-old Lafayette man Updated: Oct-12-15 4:05 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette police say they have an arrest warrant for 55-year-old Joseph Paul Lilly of Lafayette in the death of 65-year-old Paul Robertson Jr.
- La Supreme Court reiterates: won't hear UL student's murder Updated: Oct-11-15 5:33 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court has again refused to hear a request to overturn Brandon Lavergne's guilty pleas to two murders, including that of 21-year-old university student Mickey Shunick.
- Lafayette police: Train kills 61-year-old Lafayette woman Updated: Oct-11-15 4:57 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette police say a 61-year-old woman has died after being hit by a train.
- Nixon leads Louisiana-Lafayette to 49-27 win over Texas St. Updated: Oct-10-15 10:49 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Jalen Nixon threw for 238 yards and three touchdowns and Elijah McGuire rushed for 170 yards and one score as Louisiana-Lafayette beat Texas State 49-27 in the Sun Belt Conference opener for both teams on Saturday night.
- Pedestrian hit by train in Lafayette Updated: Oct-10-15 1:03 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Police are investigating an accident involving a pedestrian who was hit by a train.
- Injured McCollum to miss La-Lafayette-Texas State game Updated: Oct-09-15 3:12 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The University of Louisiana at Lafayette opens Sun Belt Conference play Saturday night against Texas State without starting cornerback Troy McCollum, who sprained an ankle in last week's loss at Louisiana Tech.
- Deputies make cockfighting bust in St. Martin Parish Updated: Oct-09-15 8:20 am
BREAUX BRIDGE, Louisiana - Sheriff's deputies say three St. Martin Parish residents have been arrested for cockfighting.
- Lafayette Parish city recommends name for new high school Updated: Oct-09-15 6:58 am
YOUNGSVILLE, Louisiana - With lots of contenders for the name of the new public high school to be built in Youngsville, the city council has a simple request: Name it Youngsville High School.
- Lafayette board considers building projects, new tax Updated: Oct-08-15 11:13 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board has accepted a committee recommendation that it move forward with a tax proposal for facility improvements.
- Mexican man pleads guilty to lying on passport application Updated: Oct-07-15 10:37 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - U.S. Attorney Stephanie Finley says a Mexican man could get up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine after pleading guilty to giving a false name and country when he applied for a passport.
- Man enters guilty plea in cocaine distribution case Updated: Oct-07-15 7:05 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A 47-year-old St. Landry Parish man has pleaded guilty in federal court to his role in a 2013 cocaine distribution conspiracy.
- Audit reveals food service problems at UL-Lafayette Updated: Oct-06-15 11:18 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - An audit reveals the company selling food services to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette overbilled the school on some occasions and provided free catering for non-university events involving a former school official.
- Lafayette Board votes to maintain employee insurance costs Updated: Oct-02-15 12:34 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish School System employees and retirees won't face any changes to their health insurance premiums or deductibles next year.
- Woman indicted in death of newborn found in storage unit Updated: Oct-01-15 9:30 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A grand jury indicted a southern Louisiana woman Wednesday on a second-degree murder charge in the death of her newborn baby, whose body was discovered 14 years later inside a storage unit.
- Lafayette sheriff's office settles lawsuit in inmate beating Updated: Sep-30-15 7:15 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office has agreed to a $400,000 settlement in a federal lawsuit filed by an inmate allegedly beaten by guards last year. That's according to documents released Tuesday by the sheriff's office.
- Akron beats Louisiana-Lafayette 35-14 Updated: Sep-26-15 10:45 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Thomas Woodson passed for two touchdowns and ran for another, Conor Hundley ran for two scores and Akron capitalized on turnovers to beat Louisiana Lafayette 35-14 on Saturday.
- Lafayette residents can appeal FEMA flood map revisions Updated: Sep-25-15 6:54 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish residents have one final chance to appeal proposed FEMA flood maps.
- Sentencing Friday for key figure in Lafayette bribery scheme Updated: Sep-24-15 8:24 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The federal bribery investigation into the Lafayette Parish District attorney's Office that sent a former secretary to prison comes to a close Friday when the key figure is scheduled to be sentenced.
- Free tickets for kids to see Louisiana-Lafayette-Akron game Updated: Sep-24-15 4:10 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Lafayette's football game against Akron on Saturday night has been tapped as "Take a Kid to the Game" by the Ragin' Cajuns athletic department.
- Judge upholds firing of Lafayette school superintendent Updated: Sep-23-15 7:42 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A state district judge has upheld the November 2014 termination of Pat Cooper as the Lafayette Parish superintendent.
- Lafayette school board wrongly interpreted law in firing Updated: Sep-22-15 7:03 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A district judge determined the Lafayette Parish School Board made an incorrect interpretation of the law when it found former Superintendent Pat Cooper guilty of one of the charges that led to his November 2014 firing.
- Buddhist monk accused of embezzling $150k from temple Updated: Sep-18-15 6:53 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Buddhist monk has been arrested for allegedly embezzling at least $150,000 from a small temple in Lafayette and losing the money playing blackjack.
- Lafayette beefs up security following football game shooting Updated: Sep-17-15 11:09 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School System will spend more than $26,000 on new security lights and 20 high-definition security cameras for Northside High following a shooting after Friday's football game that injured a student.
- Lafayette trying new smartphone app to track offenders Updated: Sep-17-15 7:59 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A new smartphone-based app will make cumbersome ankle bracelets a relic for some Lafayette Parish offenders sentenced to a GPS tracking program.