- The Latest: Trial reveals problems within Baltimore police Updated: May-24-16 4:36 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the arrest and death of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old black man who died a week after he was critically injured in police custody (all times local):
- Derby winner Nyquist is sick and won't run in Belmont Updated: May-24-16 4:01 pm
NEW YORK - So much for a rematch in the Belmont Stakes.
- The Baltimore Sun names Davis managing editor Updated: May-24-16 10:54 am
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Sun has named its first African-American managing editor.
- State board: Baltimore Dev. Corp violated open meetings act Updated: May-24-16 10:43 am
BALTIMORE - A state board says the Baltimore Development Corp. improperly barred the public from meetings about a proposal that the city borrow $535 million to pay for infrastructure projects on land owned by Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank.
- Officials: 1,650 primary ballots improperly handled Updated: May-24-16 9:49 am
BALTIMORE - Maryland elections officials say a review of Baltimore's primary election found that about 1,650 ballots were handled improperly.
- Officer cleared in black man's death, prosecutor criticized Updated: May-24-16 8:23 am
BALTIMORE - After two trials and no convictions, Baltimore's top prosecutor faces criticism that she moved too quickly to file charges against six officers in the case involving a 25-year-old black man who died a week after he was critically injured in police custody, triggering protests and riots a year ago.
- BWI control tower evacuated briefly after fire alarm Updated: May-24-16 8:15 am
LINTHICUM, Maryland - An official says the air traffic control tower at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport was evacuated briefly after the fire alarm went off.
- Police: Human trafficking charge for Baltimore City teacher Updated: May-24-16 8:09 am
BALTIMORE - Authorities say a Baltimore special education teacher has been placed on administrative leave after being charged with human trafficking and prostitution.
- Man sentenced for distributing $6M in contraband cigarettes Updated: May-23-16 8:11 pm
BALTIMORE - An Owings Mills man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for plotting to distribute $6.6 million in contraband cigarettes.
- Derby winner Nyquist's trip to Belmont delayed by fever Updated: May-23-16 4:43 pm
NEW YORK - Two days after the first loss of his career, Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist has developed a slight fever, leaving plans temporarily on hold for a rematch with Preakness winner Exaggerator in the Belmont Stakes.
- 2 students hit by car in high school parking lot Updated: May-23-16 2:03 pm
BERLIN, Maryland - Authorities say two students were flown to a Baltimore hospital after they were hit by a car in the parking lot of an Eastern Shore high school.
- Preakness win behind them, Desormeauxs prepare for Belmont Updated: May-22-16 12:30 pm
BALTIMORE - Bonded by their prowess for getting the most out of race horses, siblings Keith and Kent Desormeaux have a relationship that can best be described as professional.
- 240K Maryland residents missing out on insurance help Updated: May-22-16 9:01 am
BALTIMORE - It's an unusual problem: The more people in rural areas Mark Romaninsky and his team help sign up for health insurance, the more difficult it becomes to find people who still need to enroll.
- No kidding: Exaggerator beats Nyquist in Preakness Updated: May-22-16 12:00 am
BALTIMORE - Despite the fog, the rain and an undefeated Kentucky Derby winner to contend with, Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux knew the best route to the Preakness winner's circle with Exaggerator - stay inside and wait.
- Owners of Barbaro suffer another loss on Preakness day Updated: May-21-16 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Ten years after Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro tragically broke down at the start of the Preakness, the owners of the popular colt watched another horse they bred die during a race on a rainy Saturday at Pimlico Race Course.
- The Latest: Exaggerator wins Preakness Updated: May-21-16 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course (all times local):
- Trainer Bob Baffert wins 2 stakes on Preakness undercard Updated: May-21-16 6:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert won a pair of 3-year-old stakes on the Preakness undercard Saturday at rainy and foggy Pimlico.
- Rain, rain likely not going away for Preakness at Pimlico Updated: May-21-16 10:53 am
BALTIMORE - A steady rain soaked Pimlico Race Course on Saturday morning, and the forecast for the rest of the way was anything but sunny on Preakness Day.
- Go Maggie Go wins Black-Eyed Susan Stakes Updated: May-20-16 11:20 pm
BALTIMORE - Coming off a fourth-place finish in the prestigious Kentucky Oaks, Go Maggie Go found her way back into the winner's circle in the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes.
- Man accused of shooting ex-girlfriend near hospital dies Updated: May-19-16 8:31 pm
TOWSON, Maryland - Baltimore County police say a man accused of shooting his ex-girlfriend outside a hospital has died after he shot himself when police tried to arrest him.
- Lind homers to propel Mariners over Orioles 7-2 Updated: May-19-16 4:58 pm
BALTIMORE - The Seattle Mariners' successful traveling show put on a masterful performance at a tough venue for visitors.
- All 12 slots taken for world's richest race at Gulfstream Updated: May-19-16 4:52 pm
BALTIMORE - All 12 spots have been sold for next year's inaugural $12 million Pegasus World Cup at Gulfstream Park - the world's richest horse race.
- Sizing up the field for the 141st running of Preakness Updated: May-19-16 2:19 pm
BALTIMORE - A look at the field for the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday (horses listed by post position, with trainer, jockey, analysis, morning-line odds):
- Baltimore cuts ties with firm that screened police officers Updated: May-19-16 1:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's spending panel has unanimously voted to cut ties with a psychological services firm that has come under scrutiny for how it conducted mental health screenings for many prospective city police officers.
- 4 injured in shootout near South Baltimore playground Updated: May-19-16 8:48 am
BALTIMORE - Four men have been injured in a shootout near a playground in South Baltimore.