- Boy who lost hands to infection gets double-hand transplant Updated: Jul-29-15 2:40 am
PHILADELPHIA - An 8-year-old boy who lost his hands and feet to a serious infection has become the youngest patient to receive a double-hand transplant, surgeons said Tuesday.
- Department of Planning employees to volunteer Updated: Jul-29-15 2:19 am
BALTIMORE - Maryland Department of Planning employees are volunteering at a community center in Baltimore.
- Teheran stumbles again on road as Braves lose to Orioles 7-3 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:41 pm
BALTIMORE - Playing on the road is a losing proposition for the Atlanta Braves these days, especially with Julio Teheran on the mound.
- Davis hits 2 HRs, has 5 RBIs as Orioles beat Braves 7-3 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:14 pm
BALTIMORE - With the non-waiver trade deadline approaching, the Baltimore Orioles appear poised to be buyers instead of sellers.
- Braves put LHP Banuelos on DL with elbow inflammation Updated: Jul-28-15 7:15 pm
BALTIMORE - The Atlanta Braves have placed left-hander Manny Banuelos on the 15-day disabled list with elbow inflammation.
- Homicides spike in Baltimore but police clearance rate falls Updated: Jul-28-15 7:01 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's homicide rate continues to soar, but the police department's clearance rate has declined over the past three months, the city's acting police commissioner said Tuesday.
- Lesson learned: Minor leaguer hits HR but misses plate Updated: Jul-28-15 6:08 pm
BALTIMORE - When a player hits a home run, there's really only one overriding rule when running the bases: Touch 'em all.
- Police: Officer shoots, wounds man in Baltimore Updated: Jul-28-15 8:40 am
BALTIMORE - Police say an officer shot a man in the face in southwest Baltimore after the man ran his car into a cruiser.
- Documents related to unrest after Gray death released Updated: Jul-27-15 9:35 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore officials have released thousands of pages of documents related to unrest following Freddie Gray's death.
- Couple pleads guilty to fraudulently getting $30M from US Updated: Jul-27-15 8:13 pm
BALTIMORE - A Keymar couple prosecutors say used $30 million fraudulently obtained from the federal government to finance a lavish lifestyle has pleaded guilty in the case.
- Former Oriole Markakis returns to Baltimore with Braves Updated: Jul-27-15 7:11 pm
BALTIMORE - Sitting in the visiting dugout at Camden Yards, Nick Markakis felt at home and a bit out of place at the same time.
- Police: Man shot, gravely hurt near site of Baltimore unrest Updated: Jul-27-15 3:10 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say an 18-year-old man has been shot in the chest near the epicenter of April unrest in west Baltimore.
- Police ID 2 women killed when boat hits bridge abutment Updated: Jul-26-15 5:08 pm
DUNDALK, Maryland - Police have identified two women who died after a 37-foot boat collided with a concrete abutment that protects the Francis Scott Key Bridge near Baltimore.
- 2 killed, 5 wounded in overnight shootings across Baltimore Updated: Jul-25-15 6:53 pm
BALTIMORE - Two people have been killed and at least five were injured in shootings across Baltimore.
- 2 top Baltimore police officials leave city department Updated: Jul-24-15 12:52 pm
BALTIMORE - Two officials have left the Baltimore Police Department, including one who oversaw its bureau of "Professional Standards and Accountability."
- Baltimore police: Gun found in holding cell Updated: Jul-24-15 12:10 pm
BALTIMORE - Police in Baltimore say they are investigating after a gun was found in a prisoner holding cell.
- Students to decorate rain barrels with Sen. Cardin Updated: Jul-24-15 3:19 am
BALTIMORE - Sen. Ben Cardin and Maryland middle school students will be painting rain barrels at the Maryland Zoo.
- Activists for police reform rally ahead of panel meeting Updated: Jul-23-15 5:11 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland activists for civil rights and police reform urged a panel of lawmakers Thursday to take stronger action to increase police accountability, and they criticized lawmakers for not going far enough this year.
- Baltimore police: 7 shot, including 3 teens, in 1 night Updated: Jul-23-15 4:49 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say seven people, including three teens, were shot in Baltimore overnight.
- Under Armour says Curry shoe boosted 2Q results; shares jump Updated: Jul-23-15 12:25 pm
BALTIMORE - Shares of sports apparel maker Under Armour climbed Thursday after the company posted strong second-quarter results, giving an assist to NBA MVP Stephen Curry.
- Blackface performer plans fundraiser for 6 indicted officers Updated: Jul-22-15 11:19 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A former Baltimore police officer said Wednesday that he plans to perform an Al Jolson routine in blackface to raise money for the six Baltimore officers who have been indicted in the death of Freddie Gray.
- Officials: Baby's death a homicide; mom a suspect Updated: Jul-22-15 7:37 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say the death of a 5-month-old boy has been ruled a homicide and his mother, who jumped to her death from the roof of a Baltimore parking garage, is a suspect.
- Teen's parents sue Johns Hopkins over alleged frat rape Updated: Jul-22-15 4:20 pm
BALTIMORE - The parents of a 16-year-old who says she was sexually assaulted at an off-campus fraternity party are suing Johns Hopkins University for $20 million.
- Baltimore reports record low 13 sleep-related infant deaths Updated: Jul-22-15 1:40 pm
BALTIMORE - Health officials say there were 13 sleep-related infant deaths in Baltimore last year, a record low for the city.
- Woman arrested in Michigan, accused of killing Maryland man Updated: Jul-22-15 11:14 am
BAY CITY, Michigan - A 40-year-old woman accused of fatally shooting a man in Baltimore County, Maryland, has been arrested in Michigan.