- Beekeepers discuss keeping bees healthy at Haiku conference Updated: Feb-02-16 7:24 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Maui County beekeepers have been exploring ways to keep bees healthy as the county remains one of the few places untouched by an invasive species known to attack the insects.
- Road repair project stalls over burial site concerns Updated: Jan-25-16 5:32 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Officials have halted a road repair project on Maui's Kahekili Highway while they figure out how to best protect a nearby burial site.
- Maui plantation will no longer generate power for island Updated: Jan-25-16 5:11 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Maui Electric Co. is looking for another source of power for the island's electric grid following the announcement that the state's last plantation is closing down.
- Portuguese, Puerto Rican hall project gets $250,000 donation Updated: Jan-22-16 7:17 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A multimillion-dollar project to build a social hall and office building for the Portuguese Association of Maui and Maui Puerto Rican Association is one step closer to completion thanks to a $250,000 donation from a Maui business owner.
- Man's body recovered from vehicle found in Maui ravine Updated: Jan-21-16 7:24 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Emergency crews on Maui have recovered the body of a man found inside a vehicle 200 feet below Kahekili Highway.
- Proposed Waikapu development to get environmental review Updated: Jan-18-16 7:35 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The owner of a plantation on Maui who is looking to turn the property into a development with small businesses and more than 1,400 homes expects for the project's environmental impact statement to be submitted for review this week.
- Vigil held for Maui woman 2 years after her disappearance Updated: Jan-14-16 7:35 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A candlelight vigil has been held in Wailuku honoring the life of a Maui woman who has been missing for more than two years.
- Hawaiian Airlines CEO says new planes to benefit Maui Updated: Jan-13-16 7:24 am
WAIKAPU, Hawaii - The president and CEO of Hawaiian Airlines says more flights could be headed to Maui over the next few years as the company expands its fleet and operations.