- Army Corps of Engineers: Upgrade Ioa Stream flood control Updated: Jun-28-15 1:26 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is proposing new structures and diversions to protect the homes and business surrounding Iao Stream, which frequently floods.
- Protesters stop transport of Haleakala telescope materials Updated: Jun-27-15 4:53 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The transport of construction materials for a telescope atop Haleakala was delayed after 200 chanting protesters blocked the road near Central Maui Baseyard for an overnight candlelight vigil.
- Maui man on moped dies in crash with sport utility vehicle Updated: Jun-21-15 12:52 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A 25-year-old Maui man driving a moped died Saturday in a crash with a small sport utility vehicle.
- Police Chief says officers followed training in shootout Updated: Jun-19-15 2:39 pm
KAHULUI, Hawaii - A preliminary investigation into a shootout that left a suspect dead found that the two officers involved had followed proper protocol.
- Invasive mite threatens historic Molokai coconut grove Updated: Jun-19-15 9:04 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A pest known as the coconut mite was recently found on Molokai, threatening the island's historic Kapuaiwa Coconut Grove.
- Maui police: Man who died in shootout shot himself Updated: Jun-15-15 10:10 pm
HONOLULU - Maui police say a man who was killed during a shootout with authorities after a traffic stop over the weekend shot himself.
- Maui police officer charged with driving under the influence Updated: Jun-12-15 9:30 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The Maui Police Department is accusing one of its officers of driving under the influence.
- Brochure informs visitors of 'hidden dangers' of the sea Updated: Jun-07-15 3:26 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - An ocean safety brochure in every hotel, condominium, classroom and beach rental shack has been a longtime dream for many Maui County officials.
- Maui residents want moratorium on burning cane fields Updated: Jun-05-15 1:17 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Residents are calling for Maui's last sugar cane plantation to stop burning fields, claiming the smoke is causing adverse health effects.