- Santa Rosa man charged with 1974 Orange County killing Updated: Jun-03-15 3:16 am
SANTA ANA, California - Authorities have charged a Northern California man with strangling an Orange County woman more than 40 years ago.
- Californians conserved more water ahead of mandatory cuts Updated: Jun-02-15 6:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Californians are using less water, but they'll have to conserve a lot more to reach the mandatory drought cuts taking effect this month, according to the latest numbers released Tuesday.
- New fire station stands empty due to disabled access issues Updated: May-31-15 7:16 pm
SANTA ROSA, California - A $4 million fire station that was supposed to open in Santa Rosa in April remains unused while city inspectors figure out if the structure's kitchen, dining room and bathrooms need to be wheelchair-accessible.
- Diver who died in Sonoma County was longtime CHP, ex-Marine Updated: May-25-15 8:11 pm
BODEGA BAY, California - Authorities say a scuba diver who died in the water off the Sonoma County coast was a California Highway Patrol lieutenant and ex-Marine.
- Dead juvenile gray whale found on Portuguese Beach Updated: May-24-15 5:03 pm
SANTA ROSA, California - The carcass of a 28-foot juvenile gray whale washed up on the Sonoma Coast Friday night or Saturday morning.
- Valley of the Moon Children's Home hit with lawsuit Updated: May-19-15 8:50 am
SANTA ROSA, California - A group of former foster children alleging abuses at the Valley of the Moon Children's Home dating back to 20 years ago has filed a lawsuit against the facility.
- Sonoma tobacco restriction law passes first council vote Updated: May-19-15 8:46 am
SONOMA, California - Sonoma is a step closer to keeping new businesses from selling cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco and certain other tobacco products under a proposed law that unanimously passed the first of two city council votes.
- County weighs office to oversee sheriff in wake of shooting Updated: May-13-15 2:02 pm
SANTA ROSA, California - Officials in a Northern California county appeared set to create a new independent auditor's office that would oversee the sheriff's department in the wake of the fatal shooting of a 13-year-old boy by a sheriff's deputy.
- Officers rescue owl that got injured on California highway Updated: May-11-15 8:20 pm
SANTA ROSA, California - An injured owl that couldn't fly or hop its way out of traffic has been rescued by two California Highway Patrol officers and is recovering.
- Police arrest man for allegedly kidnapping daughters Updated: May-09-15 12:37 am
SANTA ROSA, California - Police have arrested a man on suspicion of abducting his daughters, hours after he returned with them to Rohnert Park.
- Man pleads not guilty in California body-in-barrel case Updated: May-08-15 8:53 am
SONOMA, California - A 40-year-old man pleaded not guilty to charges that he bludgeoned an acquaintance to death, put his body in a 55-gallon barrel and left it outside Sonoma City Hall.