- Gerald Green scores 25, leads Heat to 97-78 rout of Knicks Updated: Nov-27-15 11:22 pm
NEW YORK - With the force of "The Hurricane," the Miami Heat once again blew away the Knicks.
- Hotel cooks prepare annual diner for NYC homeless, wealthy Updated: Nov-27-15 11:16 pm
NEW YORK - More than 500 New Yorkers, from homeless people living on the streets to wealthy retirees, sat together in a midtown Manhattan church Friday evening, enjoying a turkey dinner prepared by some of the finest chefs from three luxury hotels.
- Caupain leads No. 24 Cincinnati past Nebraska, 65-61 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:14 pm
NEW YORK - For a kid who grew up on Long Island, playing at Madison Square Garden is the dream.
- Super Bowl of shopping is more like a scrimmage Updated: Nov-27-15 10:14 pm
NEW YORK - The annual ritual of Black Friday, as we know it, is over.
- Ex-inmate, beaten in 2012 by NYC jail guards, fatally shot Updated: Nov-27-15 10:02 pm
NEW YORK - A former New York City inmate who was hogtied and badly beaten by Rikers Island jail guards in 2012 has been fatally shot in Brooklyn.
- Bruins extend streak with 4-3 win over Rangers Updated: Nov-27-15 5:57 pm
BOSTON - With less than 4 minutes left and their modest winning streak in jeopardy, the Boston Bruins pulled off a comeback that would have seemed improbable a few weeks ago.
- Cuomo, de Blasio clash again, this time on NYC homelessness Updated: Nov-27-15 4:48 pm
NEW YORK - The feud between Mayor Bill de Blasio and Gov. Andrew Cuomo is not taking a break for the holidays.
- How Black Friday played out around the country Updated: Nov-27-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Black Friday, the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season, isn't always what people expect.
- New normal: US police respond to harsh reality of extremism Updated: Nov-27-15 2:53 pm
NEW YORK - After the Columbine High School massacre in 1999 and the Mumbai attack in 2008, police departments across the United States adopted a new mindset on how to deal with what they call "active shooter" incidents in which people are trapped in restaurants, theaters or other soft targets.
- Woman killed in Brooklyn hit-and-run, suspect arrested Updated: Nov-27-15 10:47 am
NEW YORK - Police say a 24-year-old Brooklyn man has been arrested after he struck and killed a pedestrian with his car and fled the scene.
- 2 dead after car crash on NYC parkway Updated: Nov-27-15 6:33 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says two men are dead after a car rear-ended a truck that was stopped on the shoulder of the Grand Central Parkway in Astoria, Queens.
- Woman killed in Brooklyn hit-and-run; driver facing charges Updated: Nov-27-15 1:56 am
NEW YORK - Charges are pending against a man accused of hitting and killing a woman with his car, and then causing a chain-reaction crash as he tried to get away.
- Holiday shoppers get a head start on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-27-15 12:21 am
NEW YORK - Black Friday used to kick off the holiday shopping season, but now Thanksgiving Day is the new tradition for some shoppers.
- Police say jogging woman raped in East River Park Updated: Nov-26-15 8:32 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a woman jogging in a Manhattan park was attacked, robbed and raped.
- Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-26-15 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Americans paused Thursday to celebrate their blessings despite terrorism fears and racial tensions over fatal police shootings across the country. A record number of police officers patrolled the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, while St. Louis resumed its annual parade, canceled last year amid protests over Michael Brown's death.
- Tourist ticketed for flying drone in Central Park Updated: Nov-26-15 5:26 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a 41-year-old Russian tourist and his 14-year-old son were flying a drone in Central Park and the father was ticketed.
- NYPD searching for suspect in Manhattan ATM robberies Updated: Nov-26-15 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - Police are looking for a suspect in connection to a string of robberies at ATMs in Manhattan.
- Modern-day pilgrims mark first Thanksgiving in New Jersey Updated: Nov-26-15 1:05 pm
WEST NEW YORK, New Jersey - Refugees and asylum seekers who have recently arrived are among the thousands of immigrants marking their first Thanksgiving many miles from their native countries, which endure civil war, terror and human-rights abuses.
- Sinclair's 'Dino' retakes Manhattan skies Updated: Nov-26-15 12:28 pm
RAWLINS, Wyoming - A massive, green Apatosaurus retook to the skies of Manhattan Thursday, making its first appearance in four decades.
- Price exits after 2 periods but Canadiens beat Rangers 5-1 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - When star goalie Carey Price exited after two periods with a recurring injury, the Montreal Canadiens responded.
- Magic get 24 from Oladipo to beat Knicks 100-91 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:35 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Scott Skiles shook up the Orlando Magic starting lineup, hoping for a better defensive effort and some punch off his bench.
- Mother who left baby in NYC nativity manger won't be charged Updated: Nov-25-15 11:22 pm
NEW YORK - A mother who left her newborn baby in a Christmas manger inside a New York City church will not be prosecuted, authorities said Wednesday.
- Manhattan beats George Mason 69-67 Updated: Nov-25-15 9:46 pm
RIVERDALE, New York - Shane Richards sank a jumper with a second to go that made the difference and Manhattan edged George Mason 69-67 on Wednesday night.
- Canadiens goaltender Carey Price leaves game vs Rangers Updated: Nov-25-15 9:19 pm
- Travelers take to the roads and the skies for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The big Thanksgiving getaway went into full swing Wednesday with drivers delighted by the lowest November gas prices in years and many airline passengers undaunted by terrorism fears and long lines at security checkpoints.