- Teen charged with murder after fight at swimming area Updated: Jul-31-15 4:59 pm
COLUMBIANA, Alabama - Shelby County sheriff's officials say a teenage boy is charged as an adult in a man's death after a fight at a swimming area.
- Bibb County prison on lockdown after inmate disturbance Updated: Jul-31-15 4:40 pm
BRENT, Alabama - Alabama Department of Corrections officials say they're investigating a disturbance at the Bibb County Correctional Facility in Brent.
- Alabama lawmaker arrested for shooting ex-wife's tires Updated: Jul-31-15 4:01 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state representative admits he shot out the tires on his ex-wife's car, but says he plans to plead not guilty to domestic violence charges.
- Lawsuit from prisoner who sought an abortion dismissed Updated: Jul-31-15 3:19 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - A federal judge said he would dismiss a lawsuit filed by a pregnant prisoner who sought an abortion after the woman told him during a hearing Friday she had changed her mind and now wants to deliver the child, a reversal called "highly suspicious" by one of her lawyers.
- Big Ten touts plan for tougher schedules as playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 3:11 pm
CHICAGO - The College Football Playoff has turned strength of schedule into a constant talking point, with each conference claiming its road to the postseason is most daunting.
- Huntsville police chief announces retirement Updated: Jul-31-15 1:31 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Huntsville Police Chief Lewis Morris says he's retiring on Sept. 1.
- Birmingham police investigate shooting Updated: Jul-31-15 9:55 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A man has been shot in the face and seriously wounded in Birmingham.
- Alabama River Raft Race returning to Selma Updated: Jul-31-15 8:55 am
SELMA, Alabama - An old Selma tradition is returning to the Alabama River for Labor Day.
- Auburn University signs Space Act Agreement with NASA Updated: Jul-31-15 4:19 am
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn University has signed a Space Act Agreement with NASA to explore and advance the applications of additive manufacturing, or 3D printing.
- Huntsville police officer convicted in beating, cover up Updated: Jul-30-15 9:26 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A Huntsville police officer has been convicted in federal court of beating a man during a December 2011 arrest and lying to try covering it up.
- Ex-physician again found guilty in murder-for-hire scheme Updated: Jul-30-15 8:01 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A former physician has been found guilty for a second time in a murder-for-hire scheme.
- Alabama man gets second chance to build dream motorcycle Updated: Jul-30-15 7:44 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - "Perseverance" means the steady persistence in a course of action, especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement. "Perseverance" is also the name of Tim Martin's Harley-Davidson Road Glide.
- Alabama judge orders hearing on prisoner's abortion request Updated: Jul-30-15 6:53 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - A federal judge is ordering a hearing after an Alabama prisoner dropped her request to obtain an abortion.
- Woman attacked with hammer, killed in Huntsville Updated: Jul-30-15 4:56 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Authorities say a woman was attacked with a hammer in a domestic dispute and died of her injuries in Huntsville.
- Former police officer indicted on theft, extortion charges Updated: Jul-30-15 3:56 pm
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - A former police officer accused of stealing prescription medication from a pharmacy has been indicted by an Autauga County grand jury.
- Transmission stolen in Alabama in '73 found in Detroit area Updated: Jul-30-15 1:49 pm
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Michigan - Police have discovered six stolen motorcycles at a Detroit-area home, including one with a transmission that was reported stolen in Alabama more than 40 years ago.
- Inmate asks for more lethal injection information Updated: Jul-30-15 1:32 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Lawyers for a death row inmate said Alabama should be forced to disclose more information about lethal injection procedures before resuming executions.
- Alabama reaches $500,000 settlement in pharmaceutical probe Updated: Jul-30-15 5:05 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange says the state has reached a settlement in an investigation into allegations that a subsidiary of a pharmaceutical company improperly recalled over-the-counter drugs.
- Bentley releases special session bills Updated: Jul-29-15 7:21 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley on Wednesday released his tax and budget proposals ahead of next week's special session on a budget shortfall.
- SPLC adds to ethics complaint against Justice Roy Moore Updated: Jul-29-15 7:10 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Southern Poverty Law Center on Wednesday accused Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore of violating judicial ethics with his public criticisms of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.
- Alabama sheriff's office probes student-teacher relationship Updated: Jul-29-15 6:49 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tuscaloosa County sheriff's officials say they're investigating allegations of an inappropriate student-teacher relationship.
- Arkansas AG plans mobile office locations during August Updated: Jul-29-15 6:05 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge's office is coming to a town near you.
- Escaped Blount County inmate recaptured Updated: Jul-29-15 5:49 pm
ONEONTA, Alabama - An inmate who escaped from the Blount County Correctional Facility has been recaptured.
- HealthSouth meets 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-29-15 5:11 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - HealthSouth Corp. (HLS) on Wednesday reported second-quarter profit of $42.9 million.
- Forecasters warn of storms in north Alabama Updated: Jul-29-15 3:31 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Forecasters are warning of heavy thunderstorms throughout north Alabama.