- Alabama Shakes ready to rock at Grammy Awards Updated: Feb-12-16 11:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes remembers being a nervous, fresh-faced, first-time nominee at the Grammys back in 2013.
- Military academy employee charged with sex acts Updated: Feb-12-16 7:28 pm
CAPE HILL, Alabama - Police say a Tallapoosa County military academy employee accused of having sex with two students on the school's campus has been arrested.
- Auburn man arrested on child pornography charges Updated: Feb-12-16 4:47 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - An Auburn man has been arrested and charged with possessing child pornography.
- Allegiant Air flight makes emergency landing in Alabama Updated: Feb-12-16 4:41 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Allegiant Air officials say a flight heading from Florida to Nebraska made an emergency landing in Alabama because of an electrical odor in the cabin.
- Man sentenced to death again for pregnant wife's murder Updated: Feb-12-16 4:14 pm
GUNTERSVILLE, Alabama - A Marshall County judge has sentenced a north Alabama man to death for the second time in the 2009 death of the pregnant wife.
- Alabama family loses fight over Thomas Jefferson artifacts Updated: Feb-12-16 3:08 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama family has lost its fight over artifacts supposedly owned by the author of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson.
- TVA abandoning plan for new reactors at idled Alabama plant Updated: Feb-12-16 2:25 pm
HOLLYWOOD, Alabama - The Tennessee Valley Authority said Friday it is giving up on plans to construct new reactors at its unfinished, multibillion-dollar Bellefonte Nuclear Plant in northeast Alabama.
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Updated: Feb-12-16 2:14 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn point guard Kareem Canty has left the team and is turning pro.
- Peanut show offers one-stop shopping for producers Updated: Feb-12-16 9:41 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - The land farmed by Jimmy Helms and his sons outside of Slocomb has seen well over a century of harvests since Helms' great-grandfather started farming there in 1893.
- Alabama judge nominated to 11th Circuit Court of Appeals Updated: Feb-12-16 5:55 am
ATLANTA - President Barack Obama has nominated an Alabama judge to fill a vacancy left in the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Chain-reaction crash near Gulfport claims third life Updated: Feb-12-16 5:36 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A chain-reaction crash on U.S. 49 has claimed a third life.
- Florence officer credited with saving stabbing victim's life Updated: Feb-12-16 5:19 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - A Florence police officer has been credited with saving the life of a man who says his 71-year-old wife stabbed him multiple times and then sprayed him with paint.
- Georgia Southern downs Troy 77-71 behind Brown's 20 points Updated: Feb-11-16 11:06 pm
TROY, Alabama - Tookie Brown scored 20 points and made all 11 of his free throws to lead Georgia Southern to a 77-71 win over Troy on Thursday night.
- South Alabama tops Georgia State in overtime 79-78 Updated: Feb-11-16 10:55 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - Ken Williams scored 27 points and Nick Stover's 3-pointer in overtime helped South Alabama top Georgia State 79-78 on Thursday night.
- UAB downs Southern Miss 80-77 in 2OT Updated: Feb-11-16 10:31 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Chris Cokley scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Alabama-Birmingham past Southern Miss 80-77 in double overtime on Thursday night for its fourth straight win.
- Right-To-Work amendment fails in Alabama House Updated: Feb-11-16 9:11 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republicans were unable to muster enough votes to put "right-to-work" language in the Alabama Constitution saying workers can't be required to join unions.
- Prosecutors dispute leak allegation in Hubbard ethics case Updated: Feb-11-16 8:50 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State prosecutors Thursday fired back at House Speaker Mike Hubbard's claims of misconduct and leaks in his ethics case calling it "a desperate last minute attempt to avoid a trial."
- Committee approves bill to block city minimum wage increase Updated: Feb-11-16 6:34 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A bill to prohibit Alabama cities from raising the minimum wage - and roll back Birmingham's planned increased to $10.10-per-hour- advanced out of legislative committee on Thursday.
- National Park Service, Google sharing US artifacts online Updated: Feb-11-16 5:14 pm
TUSKEGEE, Alabama - The National Park Service and Google are making it easier to visit U.S. historic sites without leaving home.
- Teachers at failing Alabama school stayed for the students Updated: Feb-11-16 3:00 pm
DECATUR, Alabama - Teachers who chose to remain at Brookhaven Middle School during the three years it was on the state's failing school list are consistent in explaining why they stayed.
- Cyclist killed in south Alabama crash Updated: Feb-11-16 10:57 am
SPANISH FORT, Alabama - State troopers say a cyclist has died in a crash in south Alabama that also left the drivers of two vehicles hospitalized.
- Arctic air could bring wintry mix to northern Alabama Updated: Feb-11-16 7:38 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Forecasters say a wintry mix of precipitation could once again make travel treacherous in northern Alabama.
- Ex-deputy sentenced on charge of sex with underage students Updated: Feb-11-16 5:56 am
CLANTON, Alabama - A former sheriff's deputy who also was a Chilton County school resource officer and teacher has been sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to multiple counts of sexual conduct with underage students.
- UAB to improve access after disabilities act complaint Updated: Feb-11-16 5:27 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The University of Alabama at Birmingham has reached a settlement to ensure equal access for people with disabilities to the university's facilities.
- Alabama holds off slumping No. 15 Texas A&M, 63-62 Updated: Feb-10-16 10:31 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Texas A&M's Southeastern Conference slump continues, but the Aggies didn't go down without a fight.