- Ernst grabs lead at delayed Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic Updated: Aug-29-15 8:57 pm
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - Austin Ernst endured a long weather delay before grabbing the lead at the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. Now, she faces a marathon final day to claim her second career title.
- 'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama Updated: Aug-29-15 2:40 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - More than 20,000 people including actor Chuck Norris marched the streets of Alabama to bring awareness and raise funds for persecuted Christians in the Middle East.
- Birmingham couple opens their home to share love of music Updated: Aug-29-15 1:58 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - For Birmingham native Matt Waldrep, there are only two things to know about Birmingham's music scene: The first is that Birmingham has good art, and the second is that Birmingham deserves good art. Everything else, he says, revolves around making sure neither is lost.
- Alabama punter hopes to improve on 'amazing' freshman season Updated: Aug-29-15 12:34 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - JK Scott's bio after one season as Alabama's punter takes up a full page in the media guide and begins with heady praise.
- Man found dead after fire destroyed 4 homes, restaurant Updated: Aug-29-15 12:22 pm
DAUPHIN ISLAND, Alabama - Police say a man was found dead after a fire destroyed four homes and restaurant in southeastern Alabama.
- Disease, suicide killing Ala inmates faster than execution Updated: Aug-29-15 11:26 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Disease and suicide are claiming inmates on Alabama's death row faster than the executioner.
- Ala hospitals promoting breastfeeding for newborns Updated: Aug-29-15 5:32 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - More than two dozen Alabama hospitals are joining an effort to promote breastfeeding.
- Film on BBQ history in Alabama set to premiere next month Updated: Aug-29-15 5:05 am
A documentary film highlighting the history of barbecue in the state will premiere next month.
- Planned Parenthood sues Alabama over end to Medicaid funds Updated: Aug-28-15 9:41 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Planned Parenthood Southeast on Friday filed a federal lawsuit over Gov. Robert Bentley's effort to cut off Medicaid payments to the organization's Alabama clinics.
- Alabama governor's wife files for divorce; pair lives apart Updated: Aug-28-15 8:33 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's first lady on Friday filed for divorce from Gov. Robert Bentley, saying their 50-year marriage has suffered an "irretrievable breakdown."
- Despite volatility, on-air rampage difficult to predict Updated: Aug-28-15 8:32 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Living alone in a world of perceived slights, Vester Lee Flanagan II festered and fumed. His hair-trigger temper directed at a random collection of people he encountered never seemed to stray into the type of violent behavior that would have put him on the radar of police or mental health professionals.
- The Latest: Alabama governor's wife files for divorce Updated: Aug-28-15 8:01 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The latest on Alabama first lady Dianne Bentley filing for divorce from Gov. Robert Bentley. (all times local):
- Alabama man killed in head-on southwest Arkansas collision Updated: Aug-28-15 4:02 pm
GARLAND CITY, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say an Alabama man was killed when the sport utility vehicle he was driving collided head-on with a semi in southwestern Arkansas.
- Alabama governor's wife files for divorce; pair lives apart Updated: Aug-28-15 2:35 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's first lady has filed for divorce from Gov. Robert Bentley, saying their 50-year marriage has suffered an "irretrievable breakdown."
- Non-profit threatens suit over decals on sheriff's vehicles Updated: Aug-28-15 2:14 pm
DOTHAN, Alabama - A nonprofit group is asking an Alabama sheriff to remove decals that include a portion of a Bible verse from patrol vehicles.
- Manatee known as "Zewie" found dead in Mobile Bay Updated: Aug-28-15 12:35 pm
DAUPHIN ISLAND, Alabama - Dauphin Island Sea Lab officials say a manatee that was well known to researchers and residents of the Mobile Bay area has died.
- Budget scare prompts plan to close Alabama licensing offices Updated: Aug-28-15 10:14 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Secretary of Law Enforcement Spencer Collier has outlined plans to close driver's license offices if the Legislature decreases the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's funding.
- Movie debuting about abused dog named 'Gucci' Updated: Aug-28-15 9:11 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Doug James smiles when reminiscing about his "rock star" best friend.
- Museum honoring black baseball players to open in Birmingham Updated: Aug-28-15 5:09 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A museum honoring black baseball players who formed their own league during segregation is set to open in Birmingham.
- Chryst, Wisconsin starting to focus No. 3 Alabama Updated: Aug-27-15 9:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - First-year coach Paul Chryst and the Wisconsin Badgers are starting to focus on their opener against No. 3 Alabama on Sept. 5 in Arlington, Texas.
- Former teacher pleads not guilty in sex act with student Updated: Aug-27-15 7:41 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - Court records say a former teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student has pleaded not guilty.
- 8 prosecuted for unemployment compensation fraud Updated: Aug-27-15 7:02 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Department of Labor has prosecuted eight people for unemployment compensation fraud.
- Judge OKs questioning of jurors in capital case Updated: Aug-27-15 6:59 pm
ATHENS, Alabama - Defense lawyers alleging juror misconduct can question members of the panel that convicted a north Alabama man of capital murder earlier this year, a judge ruled Thursday.
- Officials concerned about potential budget cuts to parks Updated: Aug-27-15 5:03 pm
PELHAM, Alabama - State park closures and cutbacks to other outdoor activities are among the potential impacts of proposed budget cuts to the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, officials said Thursday before asking citizens to call state lawmakers to ask that they preserve the department's funding.
- Birmingham Zoo closes aviary after bacteria found in bird Updated: Aug-27-15 11:14 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Birmingham Zoo has temporarily closed a bird aviary after tests found a bacterial infection that can cause respiratory problems in birds and humans, zoo officials said.