- Afghanistan hopes to meet with Taliban this month Updated: Feb-07-16 8:09 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan expects to hold direct talks with the Taliban by the end of this month, an official said Sunday.
- Afghanistan meeting ends with call for talks with Taliban Updated: Feb-06-16 11:22 am
ISLAMABAD - Four-nation talks aimed at ending Afghanistan's 15-year war concluded Saturday with a call for direct negotiations between the government and the Taliban by the end of February, but recent battlefield advances by the insurgents could make it hard to coax them to the table.
- Pakistan university latest target of militant attacks Updated: Jan-20-16 2:48 pm
ISLAMABAD - The attack on the Bacha Khan University in northwestern Pakistan on Wednesday, which killed 20 people and was claimed by a breakaway Taliban faction, is the latest in a series of attacks spanning more than a decade.
- Pakistan offers to host Saudi-Iran reconciliation talks Updated: Jan-19-16 2:38 pm
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's prime minister offered Tuesday to host talks between Iran and Saudi Arabia aimed at resolving disputes between the Middle Eastern rivals.
- Pakistani top militant in gov't custody over attack in India Updated: Jan-15-16 9:05 am
ISLAMABAD - The leader of an outlawed Pakistani militant group has been taken into "protective custody" amid a probe as to whether he is linked to a deadly attack earlier this month on an Indian air base, two security officials and a provincial minister said Friday.
- India, Pakistan reschedule high-level peace talks Updated: Jan-14-16 7:48 am
NEW DELHI - India rescheduled high-level peace talks with Pakistan on Thursday while it evaluated actions taken by Islamabad against Pakistan-based insurgents it blames for an attack on an Indian air force base earlier this month.