- Q&A: A look at the new leader of Afghanistan's Taliban Updated: Jul-30-15 6:43 pm
Mullah Mohammad Akhtar Mansoor, who has been tapped to succeed Mullah Mohammad Omar as the Taliban's leader, is said to have close ties with authorities in Pakistan.
- Pakistani militant leader killed in police convoy attack Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
MUZAFFARGARH, Pakistan - One of Pakistan's most-feared Islamic militant leaders, believed to be behind the killing of scores of minority Shiites, was gunned down along with 13 other militants during an assault on a police convoy that was transporting him from prison on Wednesday.
- Pakistan to host second round of Kabul-Taliban talks Updated: Jul-28-15 11:04 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is finalizing preparations to host the second round of landmark peace talks between Afghan government officials and the Taliban later this week, two Pakistani officials said Tuesday.
- Police say gunmen kill local US Embassy employee in Pakistan Updated: Jul-26-15 9:01 am
ISLAMABAD - Police say gunmen have killed a local employee of the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, though a motive for the attack is still unclear.
- Pakistan, India again exchange fire over disputed Kashmir Updated: Jul-18-15 11:53 am
MUZAFFARABAD, Pakistan - Pakistan and India again exchanged fire Saturday over the disputed region of Kashmir after violence earlier this week killed at least five people on both sides of the border. There were no casualties immediately reported, officials said.
- Top Pakistani model accused of carrying cash freed from jail Updated: Jul-16-15 9:07 am
ISLAMABAD - A top Pakistani model Ayaan Ali was freed from a high-security jail near the capital Thursday, four months after she was caught trying to fly to Dubai with half a million dollars in cash stashed in her luggage, a defense lawyer said.
- India, Pakistan trade blame as border exchanges kill 5 Updated: Jul-16-15 8:46 am
ISLAMABAD - India and Pakistan traded blame on Thursday for a series of firefights and shelling over the past two days along their border in the disputed Kashmir region that killed five civilians and wounded nine people.
- Afghan president thanks Pakistan for hosting Taliban talks Updated: Jul-10-15 11:06 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan president has thanked Pakistan's prime minister for hosting the first official face-to-face talks between the Kabul government and the Taliban.
- Pakistan terms Afghan-Taliban peace talks a 'breakthrough' Updated: Jul-09-15 5:52 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's foreign ministry says this week's landmark peace talks between representatives of the Afghan government and the Taliban were a "breakthrough" and that the two sides will meet again at a mutually agreed place after the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan.