- Researcher: Lemurs living miserable lives at Iowa zoo Updated: Oct-07-15 2:18 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Three lemurs at a northeast Iowa zoo at the center of a lawsuit likely have stressful lives being apart from fellow members of their species, a Duke University researcher testified Tuesday.
- Ex-Iowa prison guards accused of illegal drug use at work Updated: Oct-06-15 8:03 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Four former prison guards at a maximum security penitentiary in eastern Iowa used illegal drugs while armed at work, and one smuggled in cellphones for inmates, a state U.S. attorney said Tuesday in announcing charges.
- Ex-Iowa prison guard pleads guilty to drug charges Updated: Oct-06-15 8:15 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A 29-year-old man has admitted to using drugs during the time he worked as a guard at Anamosa State Penitentiary.
- Ex-manager gets probation in misbranded beef products case Updated: Oct-02-15 1:32 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A former manager at an Iowa-based halal food supplier has been given three years of probation for conspiring to export misbranded beef products for sale in Malaysia, Indonesia and elsewhere.
- Iowa man gets 27 months for wire fraud Updated: Oct-02-15 12:22 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A 33-year-old Marion man has been given 27 months in prison and told to repay more than $187,000 to his former employer's insurance companies.
- Officials: Iowa trooper shoots at vehicle that hit squad car Updated: Oct-02-15 6:47 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Public Safety's Division of Criminal Investigation is investigating after a trooper shot at a vehicle that struck a squad car.
- Man pleads not guilty to separate Cedar Rapids slayings Updated: Oct-01-15 9:27 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A 44-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to allegations that he killed two other homeless people in Cedar Rapids in separate crimes earlier this month.
- Iowa couple sentenced for enticing 15-year-old into sex Updated: Oct-01-15 6:13 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A Marion woman and her husband have been sentenced to prison for enticing a 15-year-old girl into sexual activity.
- Iowa man pleads guilty to selling counterfeit currency Updated: Sep-30-15 6:48 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A disbarred attorney and former police officer in Iowa has pleaded guilty to selling counterfeit currency to an undercover agent.
- Rockwell Collins offers retirements as part of job cuts plan Updated: Sep-24-15 9:34 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Avionics technology company Rockwell Collins has sent retirement offers to some employees as part of its plans to cut about 500 jobs from its workforce of about 20,000.
- Cedar Rapids man pleads guilty in heroin distribution case Updated: Sep-24-15 8:00 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A Cedar Rapids man has pleaded guilty to conspiring to distribute heroin and fentanyl, leading to multiple overdoses and deaths.
- Guilty plea expected in Iowa bank company embezzlement case Updated: Sep-22-15 11:39 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A 50-year-old Iowa woman is expected to plead guilty next month to a charge that she embezzled nearly $865,000 from a bank company while working as one of its officers.
- Cedar Rapids mayor launching think tank for Iowa Updated: Sep-21-15 8:08 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - The mayor of Cedar Rapids is launching a conservative think tank that he says first will focus on education, the economy and the environment.
- Police: 2 men hurt after stabbing in Cedar Rapids Updated: Sep-21-15 7:16 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Police say two men are hurt after a reported stabbing in Cedar Rapids.
- Iowa cancer survivors prepare for Rocky Mountain hiking trip Updated: Sep-18-15 4:52 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A group of people who battled cancer at a Cedar Rapids hospital are about to embark on a hiking expedition in the Rocky Mountains.
- Woman injured in leap to escape Cedar Rapids fire Updated: Sep-18-15 6:47 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Authorities say a woman has been injured in a leap from a second-floor window to escape a fire in Cedar Rapids.
- Cedar Rapids police investigate shooting as homicide Updated: Sep-17-15 5:57 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Cedar Rapids police say they are investigating the shooting death of a 32-year-old man last week as a homicide.
- Two-way conversions in Cedar Rapids confuse some drivers Updated: Sep-16-15 3:08 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Some motorists are confused by the conversion of several streets in downtown Cedar Rapids.
- Man arrested in Iowa in connection with Chicago shooting Updated: Sep-14-15 5:27 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - U.S. Marshals have arrested a man in eastern Iowa in connection with a fatal shooting in Chicago earlier this month.
- Cedar Rapids man gets probation in child sex abuse case Updated: Sep-14-15 6:55 am
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - A Cedar Rapids man has been given probation after his conviction on a reduced charge of indecent contact with a child in Floyd County.
- Police arrest man in 2014 Cedar Rapids double homicide Updated: Sep-13-15 11:00 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Cedar Rapids police have charged a 31-year-old man in a 2014 shooting that killed two people.
- Authorities try to ID woman found dead in Cedar Rapids Updated: Sep-11-15 5:49 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Authorities are trying to identify a woman found dead near an intersection in Cedar Rapids.
- Man died during surgery for gunshot, Cedar Rapids police say Updated: Sep-11-15 12:47 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Authorities say a 32-year-old man has died during surgery after he was shot by someone in Cedar Rapids.
- Police arrest 14-year-old suspect in Iowa shooting death Updated: Sep-10-15 4:42 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Authorities in Cedar Rapids say they've arrested a 14-year-old suspect in the shooting death of a 15-year-old.
- US companies plead guilty to conspiracy over halal exports Updated: Sep-09-15 6:30 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Two related companies that distribute and certify halal food products pleaded guilty Wednesday to conspiring to export misbranded beef products for sale in Malaysia, Indonesia and elsewhere.