- Sexual battery suspect back in jail after mistaken release Updated: May-24-16 7:02 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A suspect in a 2014 rape, who was mistakenly released from custody in December, is back behind bars.
- Hinds County caregiver arrested for exploiting elderly Updated: May-24-16 5:01 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Jackson woman has been arrested after being accused of illegally writing nearly $22,200 in checks on the account of an elderly woman in her care.
- Surviving Freedom Riders recall violence faced 55 years ago Updated: May-23-16 9:56 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In 1961, the Freedom Riders embarked on a journey to change America as they resolved to ride buses from Washington, D.C., to New Orleans while testing how integrated Southern bus stations actually were.
- UMMC bases 3rd helicopter ambulance to Columbus Updated: May-22-16 8:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The University of Mississippi Medical Center says its three helicopters are more than aerial ambulances - they're mobile emergency rooms.
- UMMC sets $36M contract to outsource hospitals' food service Updated: May-21-16 12:05 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The University of Mississippi Medical Center plans to hire an outside vendor to handle food services at its three hospitals.
- Police: Security guard fatally shoots man outside nightclub Updated: May-21-16 11:41 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Police say a security guard shot and killed an armed man outside a Jackson nightclub.
- JSU will spend $1M to lease hotel for at least 1 more year Updated: May-21-16 11:07 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson State University has agreed to continue renting a hotel for student housing for at least one more year.
- New law requires jail time, fine for shooting in Jackson Updated: May-20-16 9:40 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - People who fire a gun within Jackson city limits will now face mandatory jail time and a fine.
- Police officer, lawyer among 19 facing immigration charges Updated: May-19-16 7:46 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A lawyer and a former Mississippi police officer are among 19 people indicted on charges that they committed visa or marriage fraud to allow Indian men to obtain legal status in the United States.
- The Latest: Man in immigration case no longer police officer Updated: May-19-16 6:50 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on immigration fraud indictments (all times local):
- Mississippi superintendent backtracks on transgender policy Updated: May-18-16 6:43 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Under fire from the governor and many Republican legislators, the Mississippi Department of Education now says it won't follow new federal guidance on use of bathrooms and locker rooms by transgender students.
- Mississippi governor signs $300 million bill Updated: May-17-16 6:40 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant on Tuesday signed a bill authorizing Mississippi to issue $250 million in bonds this year and another $50 million in the future.
- Coroner names 4 Texans who died in Mississippi plane crash Updated: May-17-16 6:29 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A plane that crashed in Mississippi dropped exhaust system parts on a runway as it was taking off, a National Transportation Safety Board investigator said Tuesday.
- The Latest: Investigator says plane dropped debris on runway Updated: May-17-16 5:23 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Latest on a plane crash in Mississippi that killed four people (all times local):
- Ceremony honors Mississippi law officers killed on duty Updated: May-17-16 4:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant and other Mississippi officials are honoring law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.
- As many as 4 in 10 gay men have HIV in some Southern cities Updated: May-17-16 4:04 pm
NEW YORK - Three out of every 10 gay or bisexual men in several cities in the U.S. South have been diagnosed with the AIDS virus, three times the national rate, according to a study about how common HIV infections are in metro areas.
- Skeletal remains discovered in Jackson Updated: May-16-16 4:24 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Skeletal remains have been discovered in Jackson.
- Mississippi Republicans re-elect party leaders Updated: May-14-16 5:18 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Republicans have re-elected their party leaders.
- Attorney says lawsuit against check casher is 'frivolous' Updated: May-14-16 4:26 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The attorney for a Mississippi-based check cashing company is criticizing a federal agency's lawsuit against his client.
- Inmate death at Parchman under investigation Updated: May-13-16 8:53 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An inmate who was found unconscious in his cell at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman has died.
- Jackson confirms budget woes after council demands answers Updated: May-13-16 4:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson officials are looking at budget cuts, after council members demanded details on city finances and the mayor suggested that the city has spent a large part of its cash reserves.
- Man charged in Jackson slaying denied bond Updated: May-13-16 9:46 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A man charged with capital murder in fatal Jackson shooting earlier this week has been denied bond.
- Entergy involved in solar power pilot project in Mississippi Updated: May-11-16 7:31 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Entergy says the future is bright as they begin to test solar power possibilities in Mississippi.
- Bond set for Jones County man facing bigamy charge Updated: May-11-16 1:44 am
LAUREL, Mississippi - Jones County Justice Court Judge Billie Graham has set bond at $10,000 for a man accused of being married to two women.
- Court denies Southaven ex-mayor's attempt to overturn ruling Updated: May-10-16 3:42 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Southaven Mayor Greg Davis has lost in court again.