- Pedestrian killed in hit & run in Jackson Updated: Aug-28-15 10:20 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A University of Mississippi Medical Center security guard died after being struck by a hit and run driver.
- Student charged in university threats, will be evaluated Updated: Aug-27-15 7:50 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A student who Mississippi State University officials say threatened to kill himself and others will face misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges and has been referred for a mental and psychological evaluation.
- Initiative would keep Confederate emblem on Mississippi flag Updated: Aug-26-15 6:29 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Organizers of a new ballot initiative are seeking to keep the Confederate battle emblem on Mississippi's flag by putting the flag design into the state constitution.
- 3 Jackson hospitals to merge laundry operations Updated: Aug-26-15 4:20 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Three Jackson hospitals are consolidating laundry operation in a public-private partnership executives say will save each millions.
- The Latest: 3 House primary runoffs too close to call Updated: Aug-26-15 12:11 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on Mississippi primary runoff elections (all times local):
- Coleman, Britton win party primary runoffs for commissions Updated: Aug-25-15 11:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democratic and Republican party slates are now set for statewide and regional offices in Mississippi, with voters on Tuesday deciding one primary runoff for each party for a seat on a state commission.
- John Grisham talks politics at Mississippi Book Festival Updated: Aug-22-15 8:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - John Grisham says being on the losing side of a Mississippi political fight gave him plenty of time to write big chunks of his first two legal thrillers, "A Time to Kill" and "The Firm."
- 2 in Dem runoff for Miss. Transportation Commission seat Updated: Aug-22-15 11:37 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Businessman Robert Amos and longtime state Rep. Mary Coleman and are competing Tuesday to become the Democratic nominee for one of three seats on the Mississippi Transportation Commission.
- Contractor: Former Mississippi prison leader sought bribes Updated: Aug-21-15 7:56 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - One man pleaded guilty Friday and another was indicted on federal charges that they paid bribes and kickbacks to a former Mississippi corrections commissioner in exchange for contracts.
- Stolen gun to be returned to family of the late Gov. Fordice Updated: Aug-21-15 4:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Vicksburg police say a pistol engraved with the name of former Mississippi Gov. Kirk Fordice and seized in a Jackson drug raid had been stolen from a truck owned by a relative.
- Jackson State students will get housing by the weekend Updated: Aug-21-15 7:50 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson State University President Carolyn Meyers says a housing gridlock that initially left more than 300 students without a place to live during Welcome Week will be resolved.
- 10 high school rivalries with extra meaning in 2015 Updated: Aug-21-15 4:27 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Game week is finally here.
- Universities seek fresh multiyear bond deal with lawmakers Updated: Aug-20-15 4:53 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - After three years of predictability on bond funding, officials at Mississippi's eight public universities are hoping for a new multiyear agreement with lawmakers on the level of funding they can expect.
- Investiture ceremony for new Appeals Court judge Updated: Aug-20-15 4:34 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - An investiture ceremony for new Court of Appeals Judge Jack L. Wilson of Madison will be held Aug. 25 at the Gartin Justice Building in Jackson.
- Sentence upheld for man in 2009 Mississippi prisoner escape Updated: Aug-19-15 4:58 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An appeals court has upheld the seven life sentences for a man convicted of helping his inmate cousin escape from armed guards on a 2009 trip outside a Mississippi prison to an eye clinic. The two men drove to Tennessee, where the fleeing inmate shot a Nashville police officer.
- Ex Gov. Barbour touring Mississippi to promote Katrina book Updated: Aug-19-15 4:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Gov. Haley Barbour will tour Mississippi to promote his new book, "America's Great Storm: Leading Through Hurricane Katrina."
- Slidell police: Man wanted in Aug 6 holdup caught in Miss Updated: Aug-18-15 4:08 am
SLIDELL, Louisiana - Police in southeast Louisiana say a man wanted for holding up a Boost Mobile store in Slidell has been arrested in Jackson, Mississippi.
- 4 new West Nile virus cases confirmed in Mississippi Updated: Aug-17-15 3:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi has four new cases of West Nile virus, bringing the total of laboratory-confirmed cases this year to 11.
- Notable Mississippians join chorus to change state flag Updated: Aug-16-15 9:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jimmy Buffett, John Grisham, Morgan Freeman and former New Orleans Saints quarterback Archie Manning are among famous current and former Mississippi residents asking the state to remove the Confederate battle emblem from its flag.
- Jackson, Ridgeland urging water conservation Updated: Aug-15-15 1:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - People in Jackson and in the neighboring city of Ridgeland are being urged to conserve water.
- US attorney says no truth to stolen baby claim in St. Louis Updated: Aug-15-15 1:13 am
ST. LOUIS - Recently discovered medical files further dispute a St. Louis woman's allegations that her baby was stolen from a hospital here five decades ago and a federal investigation into the case has now been closed.
- Jackson State hopes to bounce back from losing season Updated: Aug-14-15 10:29 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson State hopes an experienced offense can help the program bounce back from its first losing season since 2009.
- Couples sue to overturn Mississippi ban on gay adoptions Updated: Aug-12-15 7:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Susan Hrostowski remembers when Mississippi passed its law in 2000 banning same-sex couples from adopting children.
- Educators: Legislature not serious about funding Updated: Aug-12-15 10:04 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi educators say they were told by legislative leaders that their school districts would be fully funded by this school year.
- Jackson proposes 8 percent property tax increase Updated: Aug-11-15 8:08 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson Mayor Tony Yarber's proposed budget includes an 8 percent increase in property taxes along with furloughs and a hiring freeze.