- Romania play reminds people of the good, bad of communism Updated: May-25-16 8:39 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanians have relived the horrors of communism in a play featuring Lenin and Stalin, set to patriotic songs of that era, played by actors who mime their roles.
- US missile defense site opens in Romania, Russia sees threat Updated: May-12-16 2:48 pm
DEVESELU, Romania - A U.S missile defense site in Romania aimed at protecting Europe from ballistic missile threats became operational Thursday, drawing an angry reaction from Russia, which opposes having the advanced military system in its former area of influence.
- Romania autopsy: Ekeng had enlarged heart, more tests needed Updated: May-09-16 10:30 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Cameroon midfielder Patrick Ekeng had an enlarged heart but more tests are needed to determine the cause of death, Romanian doctors said Monday after an autopsy.
- Prosecutors begin probe into footballer death in Romania Updated: May-07-16 11:46 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Prosecutors are investigating the sudden death of Dinamo Bucharest and Cameroon midfielder Patrick Ekeng after he collapsed during a match in the Romanian capital.
- Romania: prosecutors probe suspected electoral fraud plans Updated: May-06-16 9:06 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Anti-corruption prosecutors seeking to thwart possible plans to tamper with upcoming local elections in Romania have carried out searches in homes and public institutions.
- Opera: offstage drama rivets Romania, costs minister his job Updated: May-05-16 7:29 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - A compelling drama at Romania's national opera has been drawing huge audiences for weeks. But it's not a production of "The Marriage of Figaro" or "The Barber of Seville" that's grabbing the limelight, it's an offstage dispute between two international ballet stars and Romanian musicians that has already cost a government minister his job.
- Romania: new culture minister sworn in amid opera dispute Updated: May-04-16 11:22 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's president has urged the country's new culture minister to resolve a major crisis at the country's main opera house that cost her predecessor his job.