- Federal attorneys' conduct criticized in immigration case Updated: May-19-16 7:51 pm
HOUSTON - Using a mix of scathing language and movie quotes, a federal judge in Texas who had blocked President Barack Obama's immigration executive action ordered Thursday that Justice Department attorneys attend an ethics course, saying they misled him about whether the administration had begun implementing one of the proposals.
- Mexico nabs 2 Americans in cross-border kidnapping Updated: May-18-16 3:42 pm
MEXICO CITY - Police in the northern Mexico border state of Tamaulipas say officers have detained two Texas men and freed another American they'd kidnapped in the United States.
- Regulators close season for Texas shrimpers in Gulf Updated: May-18-16 12:16 pm
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's Coastal Fisheries Division decided May 15 was a good time to close the state's shrimp season because, according to its sampling, the average size and number of brown shrimp in Texas coastal waters is higher than the 20-year average.
- Brownsville building where 3 kids were killed is demolished Updated: May-17-16 2:27 pm
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - A South Texas apartment building where three small children were found decapitated in 2003 has been demolished.
- South Texas nursing school must boost passing rates Updated: May-08-16 2:18 pm
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - A South Texas community college cannot accept new nursing program students as it seeks to improve lagging passing rates for the state licensing exam.