- Wall, Wizards ruin Rambis' Knicks debut with 111-108 win Updated: Feb-09-16 11:59 pm
- Clippard says D-backs' potential drew him to Arizona Updated: Feb-09-16 11:55 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever Tyler Clippard says that Arizona's potential to contend for a title was a big reason he signed with the Diamondbacks.
- Clutterbuck scores SO winner, Islanders top Blue Jackets 3-2 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The New York Islanders put a bad first period behind them and were able to break through against rookie goalie Joonas Korpisalo.
- Fast-starting Florida Panthers beat Buffalo Sabres 7-4 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:32 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Shut out one night. On fire the next.
- Sources: Sanders to meet with Rev. Al Sharpton in New York Updated: Feb-09-16 9:50 pm
NEW YORK - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders plans to meet with the Rev. Al Sharpton over breakfast in New York City.
- Toledo rallies to beat Buffalo behind Williams Updated: Feb-09-16 9:23 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Jonathan Williams scored 15 points, including the game-winning basket, and Toledo rallied to beat Buffalo 71-69 Tuesday night.
- Monmouth (NJ) beats Marist 87-61 for season sweep Updated: Feb-09-16 9:01 pm
POUGHKEEPSIE, New York - Micah Seaborn and Justin Robinson scored 16 points apiece and Monmouth (NJ) beat Marist 87-61 Tuesday night to win its sixth straight game and sweep the Red Foxes this season.
- New York Jets coach Todd Bowles fills 3 vacancies on staff Updated: Feb-09-16 8:13 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - New York Jets coach Todd Bowles has filled three vacancies on his staff, including promoting John Scott Jr. from defensive quality control coach to assistant defensive line coach.
- Sports costs at ESPN weigh down Disney's Force-ful quarter Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - ESPN, the sports network that drives Disney's profit engine, has hit a soft patch. Subscribers have fallen by about 7.2 million over the last three years, according to Nielsen, and it's coming off a round of layoffs in the latest quarter. As more people cut the cord to watch programming online, its perch on top of the pay TV empire is looking unsteady at best.
- NYC's Carnegie Deli reopens after building code violation Updated: Feb-09-16 7:17 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's Carnegie Deli has reopened after being closed for 10 months due to illegal gas use.
- Former NYC Ballet principal dancer Violette Verdy, 82, dies Updated: Feb-09-16 7:16 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Violette Verdy, principal dancer for New York City Ballet for 20 years and former artistic director of the Paris Opera Ballet and Boston Ballet, has died, the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music announced. She was 82.
- New England digs out from latest storm; snow in Mid-Atlantic Updated: Feb-09-16 6:49 pm
BOSTON - A wind-driven winter storm that brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod fell short of forecast snowfall totals and spared the Northeast the widespread power outages that had been predicted.
- Martin Shkreli sued by artist over Wu-Tang Clan album Updated: Feb-09-16 6:27 pm
NEW YORK - A Long Island artist sued ex-pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli and others Tuesday over the use of his art in a Wu-Tang Clan album, saying he never expected portraits he posted on a fan blog two years ago to be used without his permission.
- Former Tyco CEO named board chairman of ex-prisoners group Updated: Feb-09-16 6:22 pm
NEW YORK - A former business titan convicted more than a decade ago in a notorious corporate fraud case that featured headline-grabbing tales of excessive spending is now board chairman of a New York City nonprofit that helps ex-prisoners re-enter society, the group announced Tuesday.
- The Latest: Jury sent home for day in NYPD officer's trial Updated: Feb-09-16 5:40 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the trial of a New York City police officer who shot an unarmed man to death in a dark stairwell in 2014 (all times local):
- Right-to-die legislation renews debate in Albany Updated: Feb-09-16 4:59 pm
ALBANY, New York - Two Assembly members and other advocates of letting the terminally ill end their lives said Tuesday their proposed law would limit suffering and has safeguards to prevent mistakes and abuse.
- Jury begins deliberating in cop's stairwell shooting trial Updated: Feb-09-16 4:34 pm
NEW YORK - Jurors began deliberating Tuesday on whether a rookie police officer who shot an innocent man in a dark public housing stairwell accidentally discharged his weapon, as he says, or whether he acted out of recklessness and did little to help the dying victim, as the prosecution contends.
- NY Senate Republicans seek greater agricultural research Updated: Feb-09-16 4:30 pm
ALBANY, New York - Republican lawmakers in the New York state Senate say they want to increase spending on agricultural research and do more to support farms.
- Once-a-year homeless count draws criticism, defenders Updated: Feb-09-16 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - Over the past few weeks, thousands of clipboard-toting volunteers have fanned out across some of the nation's largest cities, tasked with a deceptively complex job: counting the number of homeless people sleeping on the streets.
- Attorney: DMX has recovered after being resuscitated Updated: Feb-09-16 4:04 pm
NEW YORK - An attorney for DMX said the rapper has recovered after he was resuscitated by police outside Yonkers, New York hotel on Monday.
- NY road reopened after truck-damaged rail bridge is repaired Updated: Feb-09-16 3:33 pm
BALLSTON, New York - A railroad bridge damaged by a garbage truck has been repaired, allowing a section of a busy Saratoga County road to reopen.
- Penguins' Malkin to miss rest of week with lower-body injury Updated: Feb-09-16 3:32 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin's lower-body injury will keep him out at least the rest of the week.
- Tanaka throws off mound after offseason elbow surgery Updated: Feb-09-16 3:24 pm
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka, coming back after arthroscopic surgery to remove a bone spur from his right elbow last October, has thrown off a bullpen mound.
- NY lawmakers propose tax deferrals to defray childcare costs Updated: Feb-09-16 2:50 pm
ALBANY, New York - Democrats in the New York state Senate say the state should allow families with young children to defer some of their state income taxes to help them cover the cost of childcare.
- Kelly Clarkson has deal for picture book Updated: Feb-09-16 2:33 pm
NEW YORK - Kelly Clarkson has written a new song and a bedtime story for kids - her own included.