- Cuddyer, Mets avert 3-game sweep at home, beat Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 4:22 pm
- De Blasio says he won't let NYC quality of life go down Updated: Aug-30-15 4:05 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio says New Yorkers have a lot to be proud of in their city.
- Turner Field US flag at half-staff after fan dies in fall Updated: Aug-30-15 2:00 pm
- 'Awakenings' author, neurologist Oliver Sacks dies at 82 Updated: Aug-30-15 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - There was the blind man who had the disastrous experience of regaining his sight. The surgeon who developed a sudden passion for music after being struck by lightning. And most famously, the man who mistook his wife for a hat.
- Phraoah looks good after loss; no decision on racing plans Updated: Aug-30-15 1:32 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - American Pharoah looks in good shape the morning after his startling loss in the Travers Stakes, with no decision on whether the Triple Crown winner will race again.
- NL East-leading Mets get reliever Reed from Arizona Updated: Aug-30-15 1:27 pm
- Trash to treatise: NYC professor sees meaning in garbage Updated: Aug-30-15 1:22 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's sanitation department has its very own anthropologist-in-residence.
- Man's body found burning in NYC neighborhood Updated: Aug-30-15 11:47 am
NEW YORK - An autopsy will determined the exact cause of death for a man whose body was set on fire in a Queens neighborhood.
- New York town's large collection of WWII vet photos endures Updated: Aug-30-15 11:13 am
MECHANICVILLE, New York - During World War II, hundreds of servicemen in uniform had their photographs taken at a popular tavern near the Hudson River in upstate New York.
- Fewer deer expected to be killed in 2015 NY hunting season Updated: Aug-30-15 8:28 am
ALBANY, New York - State wildlife officials say hunters are expected to kill fewer deer in the upcoming big game season because deer mortality over the past winter will result in fewer antlerless deer permits in parts of the state.
- NY to spend $2.5M on state park playgrounds Updated: Aug-30-15 8:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state is making a big investment in playgrounds at state parks.
- Army, Air Guard offer simulators to NY State Fair visitors Updated: Aug-30-15 7:07 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Visitors to the New York State Fair will be able to get a feel for what it's like to drive an armored military vehicle and control a remotely piloted aircraft.
- New York man gets 15+ years in prison for making child porn Updated: Aug-30-15 7:02 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A New York man in prison for raping a 16-year-old girl has been sentenced to an additional 15 years for recording the assault.
- Fan killed in stadium fall during Braves' loss to Yanks Updated: Aug-30-15 1:02 am
ATLANTA - Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez says his rookie, Matt Wisler, matched Yankees rookie Luis Severino "pitch for pitch."
- Fan killed in fall during Yankees' win over Braves Updated: Aug-30-15 12:56 am
ATLANTA - Rookie Luis Severino earned praise from both clubhouses following another win for the New York Yankees.
- Rusin bounces back but Rockies fall to Pirates 4-3 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Chris Rusin didn't even look at the tape. The struggling Colorado Rockies left-hander didn't need video evidence to remind him of the worst start of his career.
- Ramirez homers, Pirates stay hot in 4-3 win over Rockies Updated: Aug-29-15 11:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - Aramis Ramirez can't really describe it but he can sense it, the feeling that permeates a clubhouse during one of those summers that offers the promise of an even more exciting fall.
- Syracuse police: Driver critical after UPS truck overturns Updated: Aug-29-15 11:07 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police say the driver of a UPS truck has been critically injured after a crash in Syracuse.
- Police: NY mom killed baby girl, lived with body for months Updated: Aug-29-15 10:10 pm
BATAVIA, New York - A woman who prosecutors say lived with her dead baby girl's body for three months was charged Saturday with murder.
- Longtime PR industy leader Ed Lewi dies at 81 Updated: Aug-29-15 10:05 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Ed Lewi, a longtime public relations executive with deep roots in horse racing, has died. He was 81.
- Mets give deGrom little help, lose 3-1 to last-place Red Sox Updated: Aug-29-15 10:02 pm
NEW YORK - All of a sudden, the New York Mets are having a tough time at home.
- 1st African-American actor to play Valjean on Broadway dies Updated: Aug-29-15 9:59 pm
NEW YORK - Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first African-American and youngest person to ever play the role of Jean Valjean in "Les MisÃ©rables" on Broadway has died after falling from a fire escape, according to a show spokesman. He was 21.
- Bills receiver Goodwin out indefinitely with broken ribs Updated: Aug-29-15 9:47 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills' already banged-up group of receivers has lost another player.
- Manuel excels in Bills' 43-19 preseason win over Steelers Updated: Aug-29-15 9:24 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Rex Ryan said it's finally time to select the Buffalo Bills starting quarterback.
- Police: NY man made threats against federal agencies Updated: Aug-29-15 9:16 pm
COLONIE, New York - Police say an upstate New York man has been arrested and is accused of making threats against employees at two federal agencies.