- Maryland governor to host fundraiser for Chris Christie Updated: Aug-27-15 2:19 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is scheduled to host a fundraiser for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's presidential bid.
- Maryland moves last inmates from decrepit Baltimore jail Updated: Aug-25-15 7:52 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland moved the last inmates out of the dangerously decrepit men's section of the Baltimore City Detention Center on Tuesday, state officials said, completing the closure of the notorious facility.
- Spray paint artist brings 'can-do' attitude to City Dock Updated: Aug-22-15 9:05 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - David Jeon straps a mask to his face and puts on a pair of gloves.
- Anne Arundel targets raccoons for rabies vaccine Updated: Aug-19-15 8:49 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Anne Arundel County Department of Health will start deploying bait containing a rabies vaccine for raccoons.
- 12-year-old cited for driving stolen car in Annapolis Updated: Aug-18-15 8:49 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Annapolis Police say a 12-year-old boy was stopped for driving a stolen car, with his 14-year-old brother as a passenger.
- Study examines recidivism risks for Maryland probationers Updated: Aug-18-15 7:19 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A study has found a large proportion of former prisoners on supervised probation in Maryland are at a moderate to low risk of going back to prison.
- Former Cecil County GOP treasurer pleads guilty to theft Updated: Aug-18-15 11:26 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A former treasurer for the Cecil County Republican Central Committee has pleaded guilty to felony theft of committee funds.
- Activists to protest notification of ICE about jail releases Updated: Aug-13-15 3:04 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Immigrant activists are scheduled to protest Gov. Larry Hogan's decision to comply with a federal program to notify federal authorities about when and where people facing possible deportation will be released from jail.
- Man sentenced to 5 years for carjacking woman in labor Updated: Aug-12-15 2:26 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has been sentenced to five years in prison for carjacking a woman who was in labor and on her way to the hospital in Annapolis.
- Court rules police can use volunteered DNA in other cases Updated: Aug-11-15 4:37 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland police can retain and use a person's legally obtained DNA to investigate unrelated criminal cases, the state's highest court ruled Tuesday.
- Annapolis Greyhound bus stop to find new location in city Updated: Aug-11-15 9:42 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Officials say Greyhound buses will soon no longer stop at the Annapolis Department of Transportation.
- Anne Arundel County Police arrest alleged bank robber Updated: Aug-08-15 7:31 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Police say they have arrested an Anne Arundel County bank robber.
- Rep. Van Hollen calls for national redistricting reform Updated: Aug-07-15 6:58 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Rep. Chris Van Hollen on Friday called for national reform of how the nation's congressional districts are drawn, a day after Gov. Larry Hogan formed a state commission to study reforms in Maryland and submit a state constitutional amendment.
- Man sentenced to 30 years for killing cellmate Updated: Aug-06-15 8:25 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A man serving a 100-year prison term for drowning a woman in a bathtub has been sentenced to 30 years for killing his cellmate.
- Report: Mansion fire that killed 6 accidental Updated: Aug-05-15 4:39 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - An exhaustive six-month probe has determined a damaged electric plug under a large Christmas tree sparked a mansion fire that spread so quickly a Maryland couple and four of their grandchildren couldn't escape, despite a functioning alarm system, according to report released by federal investigators.
- Report on deadly Annapolis-area mansion fire to be released Updated: Aug-04-15 6:41 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The final report on an Annapolis-area mansion fire that killed six people is scheduled to be released Wednesday morning.
- Maryland officials reviewing Obama's greenhouse gas limits Updated: Aug-03-15 6:55 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican Gov. Larry Hogan's administration is taking some time to review the impact of President Barack Obama's plan to dramatically cut emissions from U.S. power plants, while Maryland Democrats already were praising the plan released Monday.
- First Maryland medical marijuana clinic open in Annapolis Updated: Aug-03-15 12:18 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The first specialty clinic for medical marijuana opened in Annapolis in June and has seen more than 100 prospective patients - even though the Maryland Medical Cannabis Program isn't expected to be operational for another year.