- Tongass National Forest proposal up for public comment Updated: Nov-23-15 9:16 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The U.S. Forest Service is seeking feedback from the public on a proposal that could change how the Tongass National Forest is managed over the next 10 to 15 years.
- Forest officials pull Mitkof timber sale Updated: Nov-20-15 8:39 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The U.S. Forest Service has withdrawn findings that the proposed timber sale on Mitkof Island near Petersburg has no significant environmental impact.
- Kenai Peninsula tackling invasive plant problem Updated: Nov-17-15 9:08 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Kenai Peninsula is leading efforts in eradicating elodea, an invasive aquatic plant species found in various parts of the state.
- Independent ferry service to resume after mechanical issues Updated: Nov-10-15 4:48 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Ferry service connecting three southeast Alaska communities is set to resume following mechanical issues last month.
- Ketchikan marijuana committee to consider pot tax proposal Updated: Nov-09-15 7:58 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Ketchikan's Marijuana Advisory Committee will consider a resident's proposal to support funding for school travel with a marijuana tax.