- Wreckage of crashed Alaska sightseeing plane recovered Updated: Jul-27-15 6:19 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The wreckage of a sightseeing plane that crashed near Ketchikan last month, killing all nine people onboard, has been recovered.
- UAS names director of Ketchikan campus as interim provost Updated: Jul-27-15 7:53 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - The University of Alaska Southeast has announced Priscilla Schulte as this school year's interim provost, while the search for a permanent provost is expected to begin in August.
- Yoga philosopher brings lessons to Ketchikan Updated: Jul-26-15 4:10 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Yoga philosopher Ram Vakkalanka is blunt when talking about common perceptions about yoga, the ancient Indian practice of meditation and physical movement.
- Prayers at Borough Assembly meetings continue Updated: Jul-24-15 3:05 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Pastors have continued to hold prayer at Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly meetings despite lacking official sanction to do so.
- Coast Guard says 1 dead, 4 injured in Alaska plane crash Updated: Jul-18-15 1:31 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - A plane crash in southeast Alaska left one person dead and four others injured, the Coast Guard said Friday.
- Barefoot benefit: Pastor goes shoeless Updated: Jul-15-15 2:56 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Local pastor Peter Epler, sitting in a Ketchikan coffee shop, wasn't preaching fire and brimstone when he talked about the heat beneath his feet.
- Bears and beers: Arctic Bar on the way back Updated: Jul-13-15 5:02 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - After three seasons of uncertainty, Paula Weisel and her new partner, Kara Jones, are bringing the Arctic Bar back to Water Street.
- Troopers, Coast Guard recover body in Tongass Narrows Updated: Jul-09-15 11:36 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers are asking for help in their investigation of the death of a woman found floating off Ketchikan.
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly to vote on tobacco tax Updated: Jul-06-15 7:53 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly will yet again be voting on a tobacco tax.
- Ketchikan man remains missing after 6 months Updated: Jul-02-15 12:38 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The family of a Ketchikan man who has been missing for six months has filed a presumptive death petition.