- Vicksburg mayor plans private meeting with firefighters Updated: Oct-08-15 10:55 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Vicksburg Mayor George Flaggs Jr. is inviting the city's firefighters to a meeting that will be closed to their chief, the aldermen and the media.
- Biloxi schools nab $1 million STEM, military grant Updated: Oct-08-15 9:14 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Biloxi School District has received a $1 million grant to enhance math and science education and provide more support for military families.
- Hinds County Courthouse could get a facelift Updated: Oct-08-15 9:03 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Hinds County Courthouse, which was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, is showing its age, leading county officials to say it's time for a facelift.
- Hancock County K-9 Radar found alive, well Updated: Oct-08-15 5:50 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - Hancock County Chief Deputy Don Bass says Radar, the police bloodhound that went missing two weeks ago, has been found.
- Miss. governor up with TV ads, but no air time yet for Dem Updated: Oct-08-15 5:40 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant's campaign is running its first TV commercials this election season, but a new analysis shows his Democratic challenger, truck driver Robert Gray, hasn't bought any air time.
- Police: Skeletal remains found in Gulfport Updated: Oct-08-15 5:38 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Gulfport police are investigating the discovery of skeletal remains found off Mississippi 605 and O'Neal Road.
- Pike, Amite counties issue burn bans Updated: Oct-08-15 4:06 am
MAGNOLIA, Mississippi - Supervisors in Pike and Amite counties have issued burn bans, citing dry weather conditions that are making the area a tinder box.
- Summit's fire rating falls, means savings for residents Updated: Oct-08-15 4:05 am
SUMMIT, Mississippi - Summit property owners could soon see some more cash returning to their wallets in the form of insurance savings.
- Tulane to dedicate new campus Oct. 26 Updated: Oct-08-15 4:03 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Tulane University School of Continuing Studies plans a dedication ceremony and official ribbon cutting for its new, expanded Mississippi Coast campus on Oct. 26.
- Burn ban issued for Washington County Updated: Oct-07-15 5:07 pm
GREENVILLE, Mississippi - A burn ban has been issued for Washington County.
- Gautier man suspected of stealing guns from 3 homes Updated: Oct-07-15 12:36 pm
GAUTIER, Mississippi - Officials say a 32-year-old Gautier man is accused of stealing firearms and other items from three houses.
- Biloxi's ninth casino closer to construction Updated: Oct-07-15 10:39 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Biloxi City Council has approved Mayor Andrew "FoFo" Gilich's plan for connecting the last length of the road around East Biloxi that will allow the city's ninth casino to move forward.
- Lafayette schools hit car tag goal Updated: Oct-07-15 9:01 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - It's official - the Lafayette County School District will have its very own car tag.
- Locomotive named Mississippi auctioned for $220,000 Updated: Oct-07-15 8:59 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A 19th7/8century locomotive with Natchez roots likely will not be returning to its home state any time soon.
- Oxford Schools join with ASICS to give shoes to students Updated: Oct-07-15 6:29 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - For the second year in a row, students who need new shoes but can't afford them will catch a break thanks to the ASICS America Corporation.
- Hattiesburg council approves Eaton School application Updated: Oct-07-15 6:15 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg is asking the state for aid to help save Eaton School.
- 2 South Mississippi firefighters arrested in golf cart theft Updated: Oct-07-15 6:04 am
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - Two Pass Christian firefighters have been arrested in connection with the theft of a golf cart.
- Hancock County K-9 deputy Radar spotted; search resumes Updated: Oct-07-15 5:49 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - Radar, the Hancock County Sheriff's Office bloodhound that went missing two weeks ago after a car accident on Mississippi 43, has been spotted alive.
- 2 men arrested in Jackson County pharmacy burglary Updated: Oct-07-15 5:38 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A six-month investigation into pharmacy burglaries in Jackson and Harrison counties has resulted in the arrests of two men.
- Gulfport City Council adds interpreter for hard of hearing Updated: Oct-07-15 5:30 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - An interpreter for the hearing impaired is now signing at regular meetings of the Gulfport City Council.
- Former Shaw School District employee arrested Updated: Oct-07-15 4:10 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state auditor's office says a former transportation director for the Shaw School District has been arrested after being indicted for embezzlement.
- Jackson State provost resigns Updated: Oct-07-15 4:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson State University Provost James Renick has resigned on the heels of a recent string of resignations and firings.
- Jackson police will help provide Miss. State Fair security Updated: Oct-06-15 10:45 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson will help provide police protection for the Mississippi State Fair, under an agreement that resolves a dispute between the city and the state.
- After comments, Regulators must decide rooftop solar rules Updated: Oct-06-15 8:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Supporters of proposed Mississippi rules to ease installation of rooftop solar panels portrayed them Tuesday as a boon that will benefit all utility customers, while utilities expressed varying degrees of concern about the possibility of shifting costs to poorer customers.
- Former Columbia police officer pleads in inmate sex case Updated: Oct-06-15 6:54 pm
COLUMBIA, Mississippi - A former Columbia Police officer has pleaded guilty to sexual activity with an inmate in Marion County.