- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:09 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - No. 8 Mississippi State bulldozed its way to another blowout win Sunday, taking control just a few minutes after tipoff and cruising to a 92-25 victory over Savannah State.
- 10 have applied so far for police chief in Columbus Updated: Nov-29-15 5:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - At least 10 people have applied to be the next police chief in Columbus.
- Waveland man shot in head multiple times, dies at hospital Updated: Nov-29-15 5:48 pm
WAVELAND, Mississippi - Waveland Police Chief David Allen says Waveland police are trying to find who shot a 42-year-old Waveland man in the head several times.
- Alabama man dies on Mississippi highway Updated: Nov-29-15 5:38 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol says an Alabama man died when his car flipped in George County, and a FedEx driver from Utah was seriously injured when his truck overturned on Interstate 10 in Hancock County.
- Analysis: New Mississippi lawmakers bring broad experience Updated: Nov-29-15 5:17 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Roughly 20 percent of Mississippi legislative seats will turn over to a different person when the four-year term begins in January, with new members bringing fresh perspectives.
- Ex-Globetrotter to students: Learn and practice Updated: Nov-29-15 4:32 pm
FULTON, Mississippi - A former member of the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team tells students at the Itawamba Attendance Center to learn and to "practice, practice, practice."
- Infant mortality falls faster in Mississippi than nationwide Updated: Nov-29-15 3:56 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's health officer says Mississippi's infant mortality rate is falling faster than the national rate, but is still high.
- No. 23 Mississippi St falls to No. 19 Ole Miss 38-27 Updated: Nov-29-15 12:04 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State's Dak Prescott will always have a lot of good memories about games in Davis Wade Stadium.
- Alcorn State tops Jackson State 14-10 Updated: Nov-28-15 9:09 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Arron Baker's 1-yard touchdown run near the end of the third quarter proved to be the game winner and Alcorn State beat Jackson State 14-10.
- Sheriff-elect already on job at Alcorn County jail Updated: Nov-28-15 7:54 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Alcorn County Sheriff-elect Ben Caldwell is already working at the regional jail. County supervisors appointed him jail administrator shortly after his Nov. 3 election, though he won't be sworn in as sheriff until January.
- Officials ID waitress who was killed over patron's cigarette Updated: Nov-28-15 7:32 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - A Mississippi Waffle House waitress who was shot and killed after asking a customer not to smoke was a 52-year-old who spent some of her final moments asking patrons how they enjoyed their Thanksgiving, authorities and witnesses said.
- Sandhill crane national refuge to mark 40th anniversary Updated: Nov-28-15 6:49 pm
GAUTHIER, Mississippi - The Mississippi Sandhill Crane National Wildlife Refuge is 40 years old, and will celebrate with a free festival next month.
- Morehead State knocks off Southern Mississippi 61-46 Updated: Nov-28-15 6:11 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - Miguel Dicent and Corban Collins scored 12 points apiece and Morehead State knocked off Southern Mississippi 61-46 on Saturday.
- Hinds assessor reminds disabled veterans of tax exemption Updated: Nov-28-15 6:03 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The tax assessor in Hinds County urges surviving spouses of disabled veterans to take advantage of a property tax break that starts in January.
- Petal Elementary principal named among America's best Updated: Nov-28-15 5:33 pm
PETAL, Mississippi - A national educators' group has named Petal Elementary School principal Kelli Brown among America's best.
- Moody leads Mississippi to 67-54 win over Bradley Updated: Nov-28-15 5:32 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - According to Mississippi Coach Andy Kennedy, Rebels point guard Stefan Moody still has a lot to learn.
- Ware leads Mississippi St over UT Martin 76-51 Updated: Nov-28-15 3:54 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Gavin Ware was a very good player for Mississippi State over his first three seasons.
- Jackson State overwhelms Savannah State 69-42 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Paris Collins scored 19 points with 7-for-14 shooting to lead Jackson State to a 69-42 win over Savannah State on Friday night.
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34 Updated: Nov-27-15 9:57 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Nearly flawless post play led No. 8 Mississippi State to an easy 92-34 victory over Norfolk State on Friday night.
- Ole Miss to demolish site where Faulkner wrote landmark book Updated: Nov-27-15 3:31 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Late one night at the University of Mississippi power plant, William Faulkner turned over a wheelbarrow, used it as a makeshift table and began writing the classic novel "As I Lay Dying" - but where in the building did he do it?
- No. 19 Ole Miss, No. 23 Mississippi State set for Egg Bowl Updated: Nov-27-15 10:38 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - This year's Egg Bowl is a much-anticipated matchup between ranked teams with impressive offenses featuring solid quarterback play and talented receivers.
- McComb man faces multiple sex charges against 3 children Updated: Nov-27-15 4:29 am
MCCOMB, Mississippi - A McComb man is facing multiple charges in sexual crimes against three children under 10 years of age.
- Woman out on bond pending trial in son-in-law's death Updated: Nov-26-15 7:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A woman accused of burning her son-in-law's body has told a Columbus television station that she didn't kill him but did help cover up his death to protect her grandchildren.
- 'Cable guy' trademark suit against Giterdone gas station Updated: Nov-26-15 7:46 pm
DIAMONDHEAD, Mississippi - The company that owns trademark and merchandising rights for Larry the Cable Guy says the Giterdone convenience store in Diamondhead, Mississippi, is violating the trademark on the catchphrase Git-R-Done.
- Small Mississippi town opens doors to Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-26-15 7:38 pm
LOUISE, Mississippi - Officials in Louise, a Mississippi town of 200, they'll take refugees from Syria, even though Gov. Phil Bryant has said he'll do "everything humanly possible" to keep such resettlements away from Mississippi.