- Judge's rewrite of ballot title is final, attorneys argue Updated: Jun-01-15 7:41 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi attorney general's office and attorneys for an Oxford parent say there's no legal right for anyone - including legislators - to appeal a circuit judge's rewriting of a short description for one of the two school funding proposals on the ballot this November.
- Democrat hopes for underdog win in Mississippi US House race Updated: Jun-01-15 5:35 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Democratic candidate Walter Zinn says he sees himself as David to the Republicans' Goliath in a race to fill a vacant congressional seat in north Mississippi.
- Trial rescheduled for 2 in Gulfport drug case Updated: Jun-01-15 4:46 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The trial of two people accused of conspiring to sell cocaine and heroin out of the East Pass Road bar has been rescheduled for Aug. 3.
- Lowndes school board weighs options on issuing bonds Updated: Jun-01-15 4:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Lowndes County school board is getting a review of its credit rating before deciding how quickly to spend $44 million approved by voters in May.
- Victim in Jackson restaurant robbery dies Updated: Jun-01-15 4:05 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A man beaten and robbed at a Jackson restaurant has died of his injuries.
- Baptist now operating hospital in Kosciusko Updated: Jun-01-15 1:22 pm
KOSCIUSKO, Mississippi - Mississippi Baptist Health Systems has officially taken over operations of Montfort Jones Memorial Hospital.
- Lincoln County inmate dies Updated: Jun-01-15 8:41 am
BROOKHAVEN, Mississippi - An autopsy has been ordered for a Lincoln County jail inmate who died Saturday after being found unresponsive in his jail cell.
- Arrest made in fatal accident involving Memphis teens Updated: Jun-01-15 8:13 am
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - A Mississippi man is charged with two counts of DUI death in a fatal accident that left two Memphis teenagers dead and two others injured.
- PETA gives dog who saved deputy during attack hero award Updated: Jun-01-15 6:34 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - PETA is honoring a police dog that saved a deputy from three attackers last week.
- Flash flood damages air patrol building; focus on rebuilding Updated: May-31-15 6:04 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Flash flooding has forced the Civil Air Patrol's Vicksburg squadron to focus on rebuilding after a storm left more than a foot of water in its headquarters building.
- 2 Tenn. seniors killed in Miss. traffic accident Updated: May-31-15 5:43 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Authorities say the driver of a vehicle involved in a traffic accident in Mississippi that killed two West Tennessee high school seniors is facing drunken driving charges.
- Floods delay some planting, forces other farmers to replant Updated: May-31-15 5:10 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Recent flooding has caused some Northeast Mississippi farmers to delay planting while forcing others to replant when the rain clears.
- Man accused in waiter's death scheduled for trial Monday Updated: May-31-15 11:04 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A Pascagoula man accused in the fatal shooting of a popular waiter at a Gautier restaurant is scheduled for trial Monday in Jackson County Circuit Court.
- Analysis: 6 new judge posts on Mississippi's Nov. 3 ballot Updated: May-31-15 10:57 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Voters in some parts of central and southern Mississippi will elect new judges this fall because legislators created three new judgeships for chancery court and four for circuit court.
- Williams' 2-run homer leads Bakersfield over Mississippi 2-1 Updated: May-30-15 9:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Soloman Williams hit a two-run home run and Hayden Carter pitched his third complete game of the season to lead USC Bakersfield to a 2-1 victory over Mississippi on Saturday in an elimination game at the NCAA Regional at UCLA.
- 116 barges break loose on Mississippi in St. Louis area Updated: May-30-15 6:40 pm
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. Coast Guard has reopened a section of the Mississippi River in the St. Louis area after 116 barges broke loose.
- B.B. King recalled with love, humor at Mississippi funeral Updated: May-30-15 6:31 pm
INDIANOLA, Mississippi - B.B. King's early life personified the blues: He was born to dirt-poor sharecroppers in the cotton country of the Mississippi Delta and left alone by the deaths of his mother and grandmother when he was a child. But he never let those circumstances hold him back or define him, a minister said Saturday at the funeral of the blues legend.
- Ex-bus driver indicted for molesting child Updated: May-30-15 4:43 pm
OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi - A former Ocean Springs school bus driver has been indicted on sex crime charges involving a student who rode his bus.
- Vincent name superintendent in Moss Point Updated: May-30-15 4:07 pm
MOSS POINT, Mississippi - Shannon Vincent has been hired as superintendent of the Moss Point School District.
- Bond set for 9th suspect in deaths of 2 police officers Updated: May-30-15 11:40 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A Hattiesburg man is being held under a $90,000 bond for his role in the fatal shooting of two Mississippi police officers who were killed during a traffic stop earlier this month, authorities said.
- Lee County schools plan security upgrades Updated: May-30-15 11:08 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Lee County School District is adding cameras, door access systems and other security upgrades this summer.
- CLW raising residential rates Updated: May-30-15 10:19 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Columbus Light & Water's residential customers will pay an additional $1.77 a month beginning Oct. 1.
- Visitation resuming at prison in Leakesville Updated: May-30-15 8:34 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - State corrections officials say visitation is resuming this weekend at South Mississippi Correctional Institution in Leakesville.
- Keith named dean at Miss. State's College of Engineering Updated: May-30-15 7:34 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Jason M. Keith has been named as the new leader of the Bagley College of Engineering at Mississippi State University.
- Maryland limits Mississippi to 2 hit in 3-1 Updated: May-29-15 10:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Mike Shawaryn gave up one run in 5 1-3 innings and combined with three relievers on a two-hitter in Maryland's 3-1 victory over Mississippi on Friday in their NCAA regional opener.