- Controlled burn set next week for Tishomingo State Park Updated: Feb-05-16 5:02 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Natchez Trace Parkway plans a controlled burn at Tishomingo State Park next week, weather permitting.
- Hattiesburg Public School District to cut jobs, salaries Updated: Feb-05-16 10:41 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg Public School District employees have been notified of pending job and salary cuts.
- Columbus city hall renovation work progressing Updated: Feb-05-16 7:50 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Work seems to be progressing smoothly on Columbus city hall's renovations.
- Thousands of trees to be given away Friday Updated: Feb-05-16 6:32 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Mississippi's Arbor Day isn't until Feb. 12, but the Warren County Soil and Water Conservation District is giving folks the opportunity to get a head start on the celebration.
- Vicksburg offering amnesty for old fines Updated: Feb-05-16 6:27 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Vicksburg residents who owe back fines for traffic and other misdemeanor offenses have the opportunity to pay them off in full and avoid a visit by police during an amnesty period.
- Adams County to discuss raising smoking age Updated: Feb-05-16 6:25 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Young adults in Adams County may have to curb their tobacco habits.
- New Columbus police chief to begin Feb. 19 Updated: Feb-05-16 6:00 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Columbus mayor's office says the city's new police chief will begin his duties on Feb. 19.
- 2 officers hurt in chain-reaction crash of 3 patrol cars Updated: Feb-05-16 5:44 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Two Gulfport police officers suffered minor injuries after a fender bender involving three of the department's patrol cars on U.S. Highway 90.
- Gulfport man who hid stolen guns gets prison, fine Updated: Feb-05-16 5:31 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 54-year-old Gulfport man who took some of the weapons stolen from a Saucier firearms dealer to a drop-off spot has been sentenced to prison for 21 months and fined $1,200.
- Trial set for Vicksburg man accused of killing uncle with ax Updated: Feb-05-16 4:29 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The trial of a Vicksburg man accused of killing his uncle with an ax has been set.
- No. 25 South Carolina, No. 8 Texas A&M meet in SEC showdown Updated: Feb-05-16 4:02 am
Here are some things to watch in the Southeastern Conference this week:
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Updated: Feb-04-16 11:18 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Victoria Vivians scored 14 points and grabbed nine rebounds and No. 11 Mississippi State took control early en route to a 71-52 win over LSU on Thursday night.
- State seeks parolee who escaped custody Updated: Feb-04-16 8:25 pm
PEARL, Mississippi - State authorities are searching for a parolee who fled the Rankin County Probation and Parole Office after having a revocation hearing related to his Dec. 3 arrest in Hinds County.
- Mississippi lawmakers pass aid for tire plant, shipyard Updated: Feb-04-16 3:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers on Thursday approved hundreds of millions of dollars of state money and incentives for a tire plant in western Hinds County and a shipyard in Gulfport.
- The Latest: Mississippi approves industrial incentives Updated: Feb-04-16 2:28 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on Mississippi's efforts to recruit a tire plant to western Hinds County and a shipyard to Gulfport (all times local):
- Questions remain about high lead levels in water samples Updated: Feb-04-16 1:44 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Questions remain after state health officials said last week that water in some Jackson area homes tested positive for lead above recommended levels.
- Weather service: 4 tornadoes struck Mississippi on Tuesday Updated: Feb-04-16 12:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Residents of eastern Mississippi on Thursday continued to clean up debris from homes, student housing and a small-town Baptist church that were damaged by tornadoes two days earlier.
- New Pine Belt community dog park set to open in Hattiesburg Updated: Feb-04-16 9:55 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A new Pine Belt community dog park in Hattiesburg is set to open.
- Lucedale approves beer, wine sales -- but heavy restrictions Updated: Feb-04-16 9:46 am
LUCEDALE, Mississippi - Lucedale businesses will soon be able to sell beer and light wine, but the new perk comes with some heavy strings attached.
- Section of historic Natchez house caves in Updated: Feb-04-16 7:31 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Officials are trying to salvage a historic Greek Rival house in Natchez after a section of it caved in.
- Horn Lake man sentenced in child pornography case Updated: Feb-04-16 6:11 am
HERNANDO, Mississippi - A Horn Lake man has been sentenced to 20 years for child exploitation after investigators found him in possession of child pornography.
- Authorities: Columbus teacher connected to meth ring Updated: Feb-04-16 5:52 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Federal authorities have taken a Columbus Middle School educator into custody after a grand jury indicted the teacher on charges of aiding a methamphetamine ring.
- Ocean Springs man accused of cyberstalking church members Updated: Feb-04-16 5:39 am
OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi - Jackson County sheriff's deputies have arrested a 55-year-old man who they say sent threatening and harassing messages to a church in Ocean Springs.
- Deputies arrest 3 in connection with plot to kidnap judge Updated: Feb-04-16 4:34 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Authorities have arrested three men accused of conspiring to kidnap a circuit court judge.
- Wives of Warriors donate bulletproof vests to officers Updated: Feb-04-16 4:10 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Wives of Warriors makes a generous donation to several Mississippi officers.