- 5 statewide incumbents win GOP primaries in Mississippi Updated: Aug-05-15 12:18 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Five statewide Republican incumbents defeated challengers Tuesday as Mississippi voters narrowed the list of candidates for the November general election.
- 8 cities win open-data contest from ex-NYC mayor Bloomberg Updated: Aug-05-15 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Jackson, Mississippi, and Mesa, Arizona, aim to make troves of data about city operations available online for the first time. Tulsa, Oklahoma, plans to make its data releases more useful for the public. Seattle wants to use contract data to help ensure vendors deliver on their promises.
- The Latest: Stone beats fellow incumbent Hale in Senate race Updated: Aug-04-15 11:56 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on Mississippi primary elections (all times local):
- Official: Courthouse shooting suspect faced assault charge Updated: Aug-04-15 8:28 pm
CANTON, Mississippi - The man accused in a Mississippi courthouse shooting was arrested in June on a felony charge of aggravated assault with a weapon after a fistfight, contradicting earlier statements by police that the suspect had never before been in serious trouble.
- State education offices moving temporarily following fire Updated: Aug-04-15 8:20 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Education said Tuesday that it's moving out of its headquarters for months, following damage from a July 19 fire.
- Sheriff: 1 man fires in vicinity of soldiers in Mississippi Updated: Aug-04-15 7:58 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Authorities searched Tuesday for a man who fired gunshots from a vehicle in the vicinity of soldiers at a military facility in Mississippi, although no one was reported wounded, a sheriff said.
- The Latest: Courthouse shooting suspect involved in fight Updated: Aug-04-15 5:56 pm
CANTON, Mississippi - The latest on a fatal shooting outside a Mississippi courthouse (all times local):
- The Latest: Military: None hurt after reported shooting Updated: Aug-04-15 3:44 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The latest on the search for two men who authorities say shot at soldiers training at Camp Shelby in Mississippi (all times local):
- Deer hunting: 5 myths and misconceptions Updated: Aug-04-15 12:48 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Myths about wildlife are probably as old as man, and deer hunting has more than its share. While many have likely come and gone, others can still be heard at deer camps.
- Biloxi man killed in Jackson County crash Updated: Aug-04-15 12:07 pm
ESCATAWPA, Mississippi - A head-on collision in Jackson County has claimed the life of a Biloxi man.
- DeSoto Co. leaders seek unified approach for flood control Updated: Aug-04-15 10:38 am
HERNANDO, Mississippi - DeSoto County supervisors want the Corps of Engineers to coordinate a unified flood-prevention effort.
- 2 men sentenced in pill-ring investigation Updated: Aug-04-15 10:35 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Two South Mississippi men have been sentenced in a pill-ring case involving a Georgia doctor who used casino workers and gambling trips to establish a cash-only business for the illegal distribution of prescription drugs.
- Pajama wearing robber hits Columbus hotel Updated: Aug-04-15 6:28 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A robber remains on the run after a hotel holdup in Columbus.
- Loan approved for hangar at Hattiesburg-Laurel airport Updated: Aug-04-15 6:10 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport is one step closer to its new hangar.
- Hattiesburg looking at $1,500 daily fines over wastewater Updated: Aug-04-15 6:04 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg City Council has received a classic dose of good news-bad news during an update on its quest to find a solution for its wastewater disposal woes.
- Hattiesburg's new police chief takes oath of office Updated: Aug-04-15 5:58 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg has a new police chief.
- Man sentenced for using stolen Social Security number Updated: Aug-04-15 5:41 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A man found living in the United States illegally has been sentenced for using someone else's Social Security number to buy a car from a Gulfport dealership.
- Ex-police officer gets new trial date on sex-crime charges Updated: Aug-04-15 5:31 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A new trial date has been set for a man accused of having a sexual relationship with a juvenile while he was on duty as a Long Beach police officer.
- VT Halter Marine marks expansion, breaks ground Updated: Aug-04-15 4:10 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - VT Halter Marine has marked the completion of its dry dock expansion and broken ground on its new blast and paint facility in Pascagoula.
- Officials: Biloxi VA improving access, wait times still high Updated: Aug-04-15 4:06 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Veterans Administration officials say wait times at the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in Biloxi still lag significantly behind the national average, but they attributed the difference to a sharp increase in veterans seeking care.
- Legal case involving Ole Miss' Tunsil, stepfather dismissed Updated: Aug-03-15 3:53 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A legal case involving Mississippi offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil and his stepfather has been dismissed.
- Miss health officials: 3rd West Nile virus case of 2015 Updated: Aug-03-15 2:14 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi State Department of Health says a Simpson County resident has the state's third confirmed case of West Nile virus this year.
- Auditor cleans candidate to run for Jackson Co. supervisor Updated: Aug-03-15 11:34 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Louie Miller, a candidate for Jackson County supervisor, has been cleared by the State Auditor's Office of allegations that cost him his job at the Sheriff's Department and also led him to secretly tape the interim sheriff, who then withdrew last year from the 2014 sheriff's race.
- Adams County judge expresses interest in work farm Updated: Aug-03-15 6:32 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A judge has expressed his interest in seeing Adams County develop a work farm for those who have been convicted of crimes in local courts.
- Vo-tech center is highlight as DeSoto schools begin new year Updated: Aug-03-15 6:14 am
HORN LAKE, Mississippi - The doors haven't even opened yet, but the DeSoto County school system's newest vocational-technology center is already a hit.