- Man dies while swimming in Spartanburg County Updated: Apr-29-16 9:42 am
COWPENS, South Carolina - The Spartanburg County coroner is investigating after a man died while swimming in the Pacolet (PAK-Let) River near Cowpens.
- Beatty clears 1st step to becoming next SC chief justice Updated: Apr-28-16 5:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Supreme Court's senior associate justice has cleared the first hurdle to taking over the court's top job.
- Skull found in Lowcountry that of Spartanburg woman Updated: Apr-27-16 10:51 am
MONCKS CORNER, South Carolina - A skull found in Berkeley County last November has been identified as that of a Spartanburg woman reported missing more than two years ago.
- Former bank employee sentenced for embezzling $180K Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - A former Carolina Alliance Bank employee has pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly $180,000 from a customer's bank account.
- Teen who spread nude picture of teacher pleads guilty Updated: Apr-21-16 8:15 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - The South Carolina high school student accused of taking a former teacher's cellphone and sharing nude photos of her with other students has pleaded guilty in family court to a computer crime.
- Spartanburg deputies investigate discovery of skull, bones Updated: Apr-20-16 7:27 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Authorities in Spartanburg County are investigating the discovery of a human skull and some bones.
- Correction: Mental Tests-Defendant story Updated: Apr-17-16 11:19 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - In a story April 16 about a 78-year-old man being declared incompetent to stand trial, The Associated Press reported erroneously that a judge ordered Bobby Dean Pruitt be held in a mental hospital. The solicitor has 14 days from the date of the order, which was April 8, to initiate proceedings in probate court after which that court would decide whether Pruitt is held in a mental hospital.
- Peach, strawberry crops dodge weekend cold spell Updated: Apr-14-16 6:15 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Upstate South Carolina peaches and strawberries are on track for a large crop this year despite recent wintry conditions.
- Mother charged almost 2 years after baby's bathtub drowning Updated: Apr-09-16 12:21 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - A South Carolina woman is facing an involuntary manslaughter charge because her 9-month-old baby drowned in a bathtub after deputies say she passed out drunk.
- Mom charged in infant son's drowning 2 years ago Updated: Apr-08-16 4:37 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Authorities say they have charged a mother with involuntary manslaughter nearly two years after her 9-month-old boy drowned in a bathtub.