- Marshall University adds 3 new engineering-based degrees Updated: Jun-29-15 7:38 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall University has three new degree programs that will go along with the university's new engineering facility, set to open this fall.
- Huntington police chief says killing bear was right decision Updated: Jun-29-15 2:07 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Huntington Police Chief Joe Ciccarelli says he doesn't plan on changing any protocols after officers killed a black bear that wandered into a city neighborhood.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Jun-25-15 12:09 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Initiative focused on improving downtown Huntington Updated: Jun-25-15 11:50 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - An effort to improve downtown Huntington and reduce drug use and crime brought a small group together at Marshall University to share ideas and opinions.
- Marshall board approves tuition, fee increases Updated: Jun-25-15 3:13 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall University students will pay more in tuition and fees starting in the fall.
- W.Va. gov to discuss juvenile justice reform in Huntington Updated: Jun-25-15 2:53 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin is outlining a new push to overhaul West Virginia's juvenile justice system.
- State police investigate payout to ex-Huntington chief Updated: Jun-24-15 9:28 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A payout issued to a former Huntington police chief by Mayor Steve Williams is being investigated by the West Virginia State Police.
- Olympic-style opening ceremony set at Marshall soccer event Updated: Jun-24-15 3:09 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - An Olympic-style opening ceremony will be held at a youth soccer tournament featuring teams from 13 states at Marshall University.
- 10 to be inducted into W.Va. Broadcasting Hall of Fame Updated: Jun-23-15 6:29 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Ten people have been named to the West Virginia Broadcasting Hall of Fame.
- US Marshals arrest convicted sex offender on several charges Updated: Jun-23-15 5:14 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - U.S. Marshals have arrested a Harrison County man wanted for three counts of failing to register as a sex offender.
- Funding to end for Charleston-Huntington commuter bus Updated: Jun-22-15 9:32 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The weekday commuter bus service between Charleston and Huntington is expected to run out of funding soon.
- W.Va. officials concerned about drop in victims fund claims Updated: Jun-18-15 12:19 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - State officials are concerned about a decline in claims submitted to West Virginia's Crime Victims Compensation Fund.
- Pirates sign top pick Kevin Newman Updated: Jun-15-15 6:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Kevin Newman held up the Pittsburgh Pirates jersey with the No. 15 on it and the name of the team's top pick in last week's draft on the back when someone blurted out "Hello, Newman."
- Students participate in hands-on medical training at camp Updated: Jun-13-15 9:19 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Medical emergencies aren't contained within the walls of a hospital, as 19 future medical school students learned June 3.
- Volunteers to clean up banks of Ohio River June 20 Updated: Jun-12-15 6:38 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Volunteers will be cleaning up the banks of the Ohio River and its tributaries later this month.
- Walden named director of bands at Marshall University Updated: Jun-11-15 2:34 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - The retiring commanding officer of the U.S. Navy Band has been named director of bands at Marshall University.
- Huntington passes new public intoxication ordinance Updated: Jun-09-15 12:20 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Huntington police officers can now take publicly intoxicated individuals to a treatment facility instead of jail.
- Work release program escapee caught in Wheeling Updated: Jun-01-15 10:56 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Police in Wheeling have arrested a man who escaped from a prison work release program in Huntington.
- Marshall, WVU to hold summer camp for children who stutter Updated: May-31-15 2:43 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall and West Virginia University are partnering to help children who stutter and their families learn how to manage stuttering.
- Ex-Marshall player indicted on charges he punched gay couple Updated: May-30-15 1:05 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A former Marshall University football player has been accused of two felony civil rights violations stemming from his alleged April assault on a gay couple.