- New Bedford developer drops out of casino competition Updated: Jul-22-15 7:14 pm
BOSTON - Developers of a planned Foxwoods casino for the New Bedford waterfront abruptly backed out of the competition for Massachusetts' final resort casino license on Wednesday, citing an inability to secure financing for the projected $650 million project.
- Shellfish mother lode found off Cape May Updated: Jul-19-15 10:34 am
VILLAS, New Jersey - It may be fortunate that nobody has asked Dvora Hart to count the Atlantic sea scallops recently captured by camera images off the New Jersey coast.
- 3 workers injured after porch collapse causes 25 feet fall Updated: Jul-16-15 6:49 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Three workers were injured after they fell 25 feet when the porch they were working on in New Bedford collapsed.
- European tall ships visit Rhode Island, Massachusetts Updated: Jul-09-15 2:02 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Two historically significant European tall ships are in southern New England and are open to the public for tours.
- Final hearings for new plan to regulate Jonah crab fishery Updated: Jul-08-15 4:06 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Fishery regulators are holding the final two public hearings in Massachusetts and Rhode Island about a plan to manage a species of crab that is becoming increasingly valuable.
- Youth Court sponsors say it's running out of funding Updated: Jul-05-15 3:44 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Funding is running out in New Bedford and Fall River for a program that allows some kids under age 17 who have committed low-level offenses to have punishment set by their peers.
- Cargo ship arriving Monday in New Bedford Updated: Jul-05-15 11:49 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - The first heavy freighter to offload cargo at the New Bedford Marine Commerce Terminal is arriving this week.
- Police: Criminal charges unlikely in backyard menagerie case Updated: Jul-03-15 10:14 am
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - Authorities say a Massachusetts couple who kept a menagerie of goats, chickens, ducks and alpacas behind a condemned home in Tiverton are unlikely to face criminal charges in Rhode Island.