- Correction: Supreme Judicial Court-New Bedford story Updated: Oct-05-15 10:00 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - In a story Oct. 4 about the Supreme Judicial Court, The Associated Press erroneously reported the day it will hear hold a special sitting in New Bedford. The special sitting will be held Tuesday, not Wednesday.
- Massachusetts cities open to PawSox after failed deal Updated: Sep-23-15 4:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Now that the Pawtucket Red Sox have officially ended their pursuit of waterfront land in downtown Providence for a new stadium, some Massachusetts officials said Wednesday they're open to a pitch from the Triple-A baseball team.
- New Bedford man convicted of killing retired school teacher Updated: Sep-23-15 1:59 pm
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - A New Bedford man has been convicted of first-degree murder for killing a retired school teacher in her Fairhaven home and stealing her jewelry.
- Judge OKs manslaughter count vs. teen who encouraged suicide Updated: Sep-23-15 1:22 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - An 18-year-old Massachusetts woman who encouraged her boyfriend to kill himself can face an involuntary manslaughter charge, a juvenile court judge ruled.
- Massachusetts health center gets over $1 million Updated: Sep-16-15 3:30 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - A health center in southeastern Massachusetts has received more than $1 million from the federal government to help provide primary care services to those who need them most.
- 'Violent' drug dealer gets more than 20 years in prison Updated: Sep-11-15 7:16 am
BOSTON - A Cape Cod man described by prosecutors as a "violent" drug dealer has been sentenced to more than 20 years in prison for robbing two oxycodone dealers and other narcotics crimes.