- Police: Criminal charges unlikely in backyard menagerie case Updated: Jul-03-15 10:14 am
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - Authorities say a Massachusetts couple who kept a menagerie of goats, chickens, ducks and alpacas behind a condemned home in Tiverton are unlikely to face criminal charges in Rhode Island.
- New Bedford voters to decide on $650M casino proposal Updated: Jun-23-15 2:32 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Residents of the former whaling capital of New Bedford will vote on a proposed $650 million Foxwoods resort casino for the city's waterfront.
- Suspect in New Bedford park shooting held without bail Updated: Jun-15-15 5:33 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - The suspect in a fatal shooting in a New Bedford park has been ordered held without bail.
- Authorities find more malnourished animals in Rhode Island Updated: Jun-12-15 7:34 am
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - An animal cruelty investigation in Massachusetts has led authorities to a second home in Rhode Island.
- Boston 2024 tries to reboot bid for Olympic Games Updated: Jun-11-15 8:10 pm
BOSTON - The planned Olympic sailing venue relocated from Boston Harbor to the working class former whaling capital of New Bedford.
- Several hurt in accident involving school bus Updated: Jun-10-15 8:38 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Police say nine people including three students on a school bus were injured after a crash involving several vehicles in New Bedford.
- Teen charged in phony hostage call at Westport High School Updated: Jun-09-15 12:05 pm
WESTPORT, Massachusetts - A 14-year-old boy has been charged with calling in a phony report of a shooting and a hostage situation at Westport High School.
- Police investigating after 8 students appear on hit list Updated: Jun-08-15 3:41 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Authorities say three students at a New Bedford vocational-technical high school are temporarily banned after they were accused of creating a hit list.
- Judge to rule on dispute over Martha's Vineyard casino plan Updated: Jun-06-15 9:22 am
AQUINNAH, Massachusetts - The state of Massachusetts and an Indian tribe whose ancestors first inhabited Martha's Vineyard are asking a federal judge to settle whether the tribe can build a casino on the island that has long been a favored vacation destination for the rich and powerful.
- Judge denies request for special prosecutor in suicide case Updated: Jun-05-15 7:43 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - A judge has denied a request by the lawyer for a woman charged with manslaughter for allegedly encouraging a friend to kill himself for a special prosecutor.
- Sailing planned on Buzzards Bay if Boston gets 2024 Olympics Updated: Jun-04-15 5:20 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - The historic whaling city of New Bedford would host the Olympic sailing competition on Buzzards Bay if Boston is chosen for the 2024 Summer Games.