- Pro-Trump Hispanics face ridicule from friends and family Updated: May-26-16 3:36 am
ANAHEIM, California - An increasingly vocal Hispanic minority is speaking out in favor of Donald Trump.
- Mail thief suspect killed in US Marshals task force shootout Updated: May-25-16 9:28 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a suspected mail thief is dead and his wife is charged with harboring a fugitive after a gunfight with members of a U.S. Marshals task force in southeast Albuquerque.
- Authorities: Unruly group instigated violence at Trump rally Updated: May-25-16 8:05 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A day after a riot erupted outside a Donald Trump rally, Albuquerque officials blamed the downtown melee not on impassioned politics but on an unruly group intent on creating chaos in a city that has seen more than its share of violence.
- The Latest: 4 arrested amid protests at Trump rally Updated: May-25-16 6:11 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest following protests in Albuquerque at a Donald Trump rally (all times local):
- Bill Clinton wraps up campaign swing in New Mexico Updated: May-25-16 4:36 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Former President Bill Clinton has wrapped up a two-day swing in New Mexico with a low-key rally at a packed Albuquerque community center.
- Albuquerque board: Police shooting case reviews slowed by DA Updated: May-25-16 1:05 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque's Civilian Police Oversight Agency says the county district attorney's office has a backlog of more than a dozen officer-involved shooting cases, forcing ACPOA to delay its own investigations.
- Anti-Trump protests turn violent outside New Mexico rally Updated: May-25-16 7:40 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - In one of the presidential campaign year's more grisly spectacles, protesters in New Mexico opposing Donald Trump's candidacy threw burning T-shirts, plastic bottles and other items at police officers, injuring several, and toppled trash cans and barricades.
- Protesters overrun barricades as Trump rallies thousands Updated: May-25-16 12:31 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Despite the violent outbursts of protesters who overran barricades and charged police officers outside his rally, Republican Donald Trump on Tuesday told thousands of supporters he was glad he stopped in New Mexico and he vowed to be back before the general election in November.
- The Latest: Albuquerque police use smoke, pepper spray Updated: May-24-16 11:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on campaign stops in New Mexico by Bill Clinton and Donald Trump (all times local):
- Native Americans protest planned French auction of artifacts Updated: May-24-16 11:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Native American leaders are protesting the latest plan by a Paris auction house to sell off part of their tribal history, and their demand for the return of their ceremonial objects is getting bipartisan support.
- New Mexico, Texas schools on team competing for lab contract Updated: May-24-16 12:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico and Texas universities are members of a team competing for a federal contract to manage Sandia National Laboratories.
- Dozens displaced by early morning fire at Albuquerque motel Updated: May-24-16 9:09 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Dozens of people have been displaced by a fire at an Albuquerque motel.
- Gov: Mako medical labs to create 100 new jobs in New Mexico Updated: May-23-16 8:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Mako Medical Laboratories will partner with Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute to establish a location in Albuquerque, creating 100 new jobs.
- Police hope Albuquerque Trump protests don't spark 'chaos' Updated: May-23-16 5:17 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say they are hoping planned protests targeting GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump's Albuquerque visit don't turn into "chaos."
- Ex-Albuquerque halfway house guard pleads guilty to abuse Updated: May-23-16 5:12 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former employee at an Albuquerque halfway house for women has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing six inmates under his custodial authority.
- New Mexico to give judges more defendant information Updated: May-23-16 3:47 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico officials plan to merge most of the state's major criminal, court and personal information databases to give judges access to more information before they set bail.
- Inmates face new charges after disturbance at county jail Updated: May-23-16 10:12 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say over a dozen Bernalillo County jail inmates face new charges following a disturbance during which prisoners assaulted a correctional officer and tried to take over part of the facility.
- 2-year-old girl hurt in Albuquerque rollover crash Updated: May-22-16 3:03 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A 2-year-old Albuquerque girl was seriously injured after she was ejected from a car involved in a rollover crash.
- Leadership tensions simmer at New Mexico GOP convention Updated: May-21-16 7:27 pm
SANDIA PUEBLO, New Mexico - New Mexico Republicans voted out a representative to the party's national committee on Saturday in a leadership shake-up tied to frustrations over the state's lagging economy and hardball tactics against Democrats.
- Albuquerque police attorney denies hiding records Updated: May-21-16 2:48 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police officials are denying accusations they hid evidence to protect a former officer embroiled in a lawsuit.
- The Latest: Harvey Yates wins national GOP post Updated: May-21-16 2:46 pm
SANDIA PUEBLO, New Mexico - The Latest on the state convention for the Republican Party of New Mexico (all times local):
- Sanders seeks out Democrats in heavily Hispanic New Mexico Updated: May-21-16 12:27 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Sen. Bernie Sanders made a fiery appeal Friday to Democratic voters in New Mexico to help boost his campaign's momentum going into the final round of state primaries, acknowledging he will need to win "almost all" of the remaining contests to get the nomination.
- The Latest: Sanders trying to energize New Mexico voters Updated: May-20-16 10:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a presidential campaign swing through New Mexico by Sen. Bernie Sanders (all times local):
- AG's daughter with Down syndrome trains dogs for service Updated: May-20-16 6:11 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Arianna Balderas is proving how puppies and people can form powerful connections to benefit each other - and federal agencies.
- Donald Trump to make stop in nation's most Hispanic state Updated: May-19-16 6:11 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has scheduled his first campaign appearance in New Mexico - the state with the highest percentage of Hispanics in the nation and where its GOP Latina governor has previously denounced him.