- Kill in long-unsolved Kansas killing to be freed Updated: May-03-16 1:14 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A former student body president of a small Christian college in Kansas who escaped capture in a killing for more than two decades is about to be freed.
- Mekuria, Burnick finish first in rainy Broad Street Run Updated: May-01-16 12:13 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Abele Mekuria of New York won the Broad Street Run as tens of thousands of runners braved chilly rain along the 10-mile course in Philadelphia.
- Man gets probation in death of UM student he punched Updated: Apr-29-16 4:01 pm
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - A former University of Maryland student has been sentenced to probation after another student died 20 months after he punched him.
- Suburban New York driver pleads guilty to manslaughter Updated: Apr-29-16 11:30 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Authorities say a New York driver who smashed into a bridge support while he was drunk and high on marijuana will face prison time for the death of his passenger.
- NY man pleads not guilty to fatally stabbing his mother Updated: Apr-27-16 4:22 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A New York man who prosecutors say stabbed his mother to death in her Yonkers apartment has been indicted on murder and weapons charges.
- Pittsburgh's Fratangelo earns USTA wild card for French Open Updated: Apr-26-16 8:49 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The U.S. Tennis Association says that 2011 French Open junior champion Bjorn Fratangelo of Pittsburgh has earned a wild-card entry for the main draw at Roland Garros.
- NY teen pleads not guilty to murder in park shooting Updated: Apr-26-16 3:21 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A Westchester County teenager has pleaded not guilty to a murder indictment in connection with the shooting of a college student in a park.
- Man shot in chest on Yonkers street Updated: Apr-25-16 6:19 am
YONKERS, New York - Police are investigating a shooting in Yonkers in which a 25-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the chest.
- More than a dozen are hospitalized for carbon monoxide Updated: Apr-25-16 5:34 am
NEW ROCHELLE, New York - Authorities say more than a dozen family members celebrating Passover were hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure over the weekend.
- Bit Of A Legend wins Levy Memorial at Yonkers Updated: Apr-23-16 10:43 pm
YONKERS, New York - Bit Of A Legend won the $609,000 Levy Memorial on Saturday night at Yonkers Raceway, beating All Bets Off by a length in the richest race for pacers so far this year.
- Police: Livery cab driver stabbed during robbery in Yonkers Updated: Apr-21-16 6:55 am
YONKERS, New York - Authorities say a livery cab driver has been stabbed and robbed overnight in the city of Yonkers.
- NY comptroller reports fiscal gains by some cities Updated: Apr-20-16 12:36 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's comptroller says several cities have shown improvements in their financial condition, while others are close to being designated "fiscally stressed."
- Man, 24, taken into custody after gun scare at SUNY Purchase Updated: Apr-19-16 8:24 am
PURCHASE, New York - Authorities say a 24-year-old man has been arrested following a gun scare on the SUNY Purchase campus.
- Guilty plea in wrong-way crash that killed NYPD detective Updated: Apr-18-16 10:37 pm
NEW YORK - A 21-year-old man has pleaded guilty in a wrong-way crash that killed an NYPD detective in Westchester County last year.
- NY driver faces 14-count indictment in fatal wrong-way crash Updated: Apr-13-16 2:44 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A New York driver faces a 14-count indictment in connection with a fatal wrong-way crash in December.
- Prison for ex-NYPD cop who randomly fired 14 shots into car Updated: Apr-13-16 2:38 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former New York Police Department officer who randomly fired 14 shots into another car after downing 10 alcoholic beverages while off-duty was sentenced Wednesday to nine years in prison.
- Ex-nurse gets probation for her daughter's drug death Updated: Apr-12-16 2:05 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former nurse who pleaded guilty to a homicide charge in her 6-year-old daughter's overdose death has been sentenced to five years of probation.
- Hudson Valley city approves $225K settlement in 2007 death Updated: Apr-12-16 4:36 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A Hudson Valley city council has approved a $225,000 settlement with a woman whose son died more than eight years ago after officers used a dog and a stun gun to subdue him.
- 5 families displaced after weekend fire in Yonkers Updated: Apr-11-16 6:08 am
YONKERS, New York - Five families have been displaced after a weekend fire damaged three houses in Yonkers.
- Man, 38, admits to raping developmentally disabled woman Updated: Apr-08-16 5:19 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A suburban New York man has admitted to raping a developmentally and physically disabled woman on a break from her job bagging groceries last year.
- Ex-fugitive gets prison for fatal ambush on New York street Updated: Apr-07-16 12:03 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former fugitive will spend 25 years in prison for a fatal ambush on a suburban New York street and the wounding of a witness.
- Keys returns to US Fed Cup team to face Australia this month Updated: Apr-06-16 11:50 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Madison Keys is returning to Fed Cup play for the first time in two years, leading the U.S. team that will face host Australia on April 16-17 in the World Group playoffs.
- College students accused of running bogus credit card scheme Updated: Apr-06-16 6:37 am
BUFFALO, New York - Three Buffalo State students are accused of running a scheme to steal identifies and create bogus credit and debit cards.
- Ex-fugitive pleads guilty in 1996 NY country club stabbing Updated: Apr-04-16 4:17 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former fugitive has pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the 1996 stabbing death of a fellow caddy at a suburban New York country club.
- Man found fatally shot in Westchester County park Updated: Apr-03-16 2:10 pm
NEW ROCHELLE, New York - Police are looking for a suspect in the shooting death of a man in a Westchester County park.