- Fire truck collides with shuttle bus in Yonkers; 10 injured Updated: Jul-29-15 11:07 pm
YONKERS, New York - Ten people were injured when a fire truck collided with a casino shuttle bus in Yonkers.
- New York family sues over fatal fall during police raid Updated: Jul-29-15 5:34 am
YONKERS, New York - Relatives of a Yonkers man who died during a drug raid have filed a $20 million lawsuit alleging his 3-story fall out of a window was the result of an illegal police search.
- NY Gov. Cuomo burnishes labor ties at Lake George events Updated: Jul-28-15 2:55 pm
BOLTON LANDING, New York - New York's governor has travelled to Lake George to address two meetings of labor unions and tout investments in big construction projects like the new Tappan Zee Bridge and a plan to rebuild LaGuardia Airport.
- More than 30 indicted after New York drug investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 1:55 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A man accused of running a drug ring from prison was among 34 people indicted after an investigation into drugs and firearms in rural Sullivan County, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.
- 2 New Rochelle men sue NYC over shooting attack last year Updated: Jul-27-15 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Two New Rochelle men sued New York City on Monday, saying its police department's lax attitude toward alcohol was partially to blame for an off-duty officer shooting repeatedly at their car.
- Ex-NY police chief pleads guilty to possessing child porn Updated: Jul-27-15 3:13 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The former police chief of a New York City suburb, who once taught schoolkids how to be alert for sex abuse, wept Monday as he confessed that he had downloaded sexual images of children onto his home computer.
- Police: Queens man killed in Westchester crash Updated: Jul-26-15 10:38 pm
YONKERS, New York - Police say a 24-year-old man from Queens has been killed in a car crash on the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- Anthropologist killed in crash left NY for jungle adventures Updated: Jul-25-15 9:02 am
ALBANY, New York - During her nearly quarter-century living in one of the most remote places on earth, Nancy Sullivan explored crocodile-infested rivers, endured numerous bouts of malaria and advocated for tribal societies threatened by encroaching development.
- DA: Off-duty firefighter guilty in fatal Westchester crash Updated: Jul-24-15 6:23 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - An off-duty White Plains firefighter has pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide and other charges for an alcohol and drug-fueled wrong-way crash that killed a newspaper delivery driver.
- Lawsuit alleges couple denied sign language interpreter Updated: Jul-24-15 12:26 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A deaf couple alleges two suburban New York hospitals denied them a sign language interpreter in violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Police say inmate's wife brought synthetic pot into NY jail Updated: Jul-23-15 4:33 pm
VALHALLA, New York - Police say the wife of an inmate at the Westchester County Jail has been arrested for bringing synthetic marijuana into the jail and possibly sickening several inmates.
- Leading NY lawmaker found guilty of lying to FBI Updated: Jul-22-15 6:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The No. 2 Republican in the New York Senate was found guilty Wednesday of lying to the FBI, a felony conviction that will cost him his seat.
- Tappan Zee Bridge tower construction could start next month Updated: Jul-17-15 6:46 am
TARRYTOWN, New York - Construction of eight 42-story-tall towers could start next month on New York's Tappan Zee (TAP'-uhn zee) Bridge.
- NY teen pleads guilty in sex attacks vs woman, child Updated: Jul-15-15 6:08 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A Westchester County teenager has pleaded guilty in sex attacks against a woman and an 11-year-old girl.
- US Open singles champs to earn record $3.3 million Updated: Jul-14-15 11:35 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - This year's U.S. Open men's and women's singles champions will each earn a record $3.3 million, up 10 percent from 2014.
- Reputed NY mob leader sentenced to 2 years in gambling biz Updated: Jul-11-15 7:35 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A reputed mob member has been sentenced to just over 2 years in prison for running an illegal gambling business.
- Police: 3rd man arrested in Westchester day laborer's death Updated: Jul-10-15 9:46 pm
MOUNT KISCO, New York - A third suspect has been arrested in connection with the beating death of a day laborer in suburban New York's Westchester County.
- School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students Updated: Jul-10-15 7:44 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A federal judge approved a $4.5 million settlement between an upstate New York school district and five Jewish students who say they endured years of abuse by classmates who made Holocaust jokes toward them and drew swastikas in hallways and lockers.
- Josh Groban to sing at US Open opening night ceremony Updated: Jul-09-15 8:15 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Multiplatinum-selling Josh Groban will sing during the opening night ceremony at the U.S. Open tennis tournament.
- NYS report faults 2 nurses in inmate's 2013 death Updated: Jul-07-15 9:52 am
VALHALLA, New York - The state Commission of Correction has found that two Westchester County Jail nurses displayed "gross incompetence" in the treatment of an inmate who died after complaining of stomach and chest pains.
- Death of a laborer in suburban NY ruled a homicide Updated: Jul-07-15 5:43 am
MOUNT KISCO, New York - Authorities say the death of a man found in woods in suburban New York has been ruled a homicide.
- Ex-suburban NY police officer indicted in prescriptions case Updated: Jul-02-15 2:42 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former Mount Vernon police officer has been indicted on charges he used forged prescriptions to obtain painkillers.
- Ex-NY senator gets 7 years in prison for mayoral race plot Updated: Jul-01-15 8:38 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Former Democratic state Sen. Malcolm Smith was sentenced Wednesday to seven years in prison in a scheme to bribe his way onto the ballot for the 2013 New York City mayoral election.
- Fatal crash closes northbound Sprain Brook for 7 hours Updated: Jul-01-15 7:58 am
YONKERS, New York - The northbound Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers has reopened during the morning rush-hour after it was closed for nearly seven hours by a fatal crash.