- Virginia AG asks court to dismiss uranium moratorium lawsuit Updated: Aug-27-15 2:07 am
DANVILLE, Virginia - Attorney General Mark Herring's office has asked a federal court to dismiss a lawsuit seeking to end a decades-old state moratorium on uranium mining.
- Judge orders company to repay grant funds to Danville Updated: Aug-24-15 2:08 am
DANVILLE, Virginia - A judge has ordered a defunct company to repay $600,000 in grant funds that it received from the city of Danville.
- Workers at Nestle plant in Danville vote to unionize Updated: Aug-20-15 9:18 am
DANVILLE, Virginia - Workers at a Nestle plant in Danville have voted to be represented by the United Steelworkers.
- Pipeline archaeological surveys begin in Pittsylvania County Updated: Aug-18-15 3:13 am
DANVILLE, Virginia - Archaeological surveys for the Mountain Valley Pipeline project are underway in Pittsylvania County.
- Lawsuit seeks return of Confederate flag at last capitol Updated: Aug-15-15 10:20 am
DANVILLE, Virginia - Supporters of a Confederate flag that was removed from the last outpost of the Confederacy want to see it returned.
- 3 Lowe's workers out over request for no black drivers Updated: Aug-11-15 2:32 pm
DANVILLE, Virginia - Three managers at a Lowe's Home Improvement store in Virginia are "no longer with the company" for their involvement in fulfilling a customer's request that no black drivers deliver to her home, a company spokesman said Tuesday.
- Virginia revokes license plates featuring Confederate flag Updated: Aug-07-15 6:56 am
DANVILLE, Virginia - Virginia has revoked specialty license plates featuring a Confederate battle flag after a federal judge dissolved an injunction allowing the image.
- Va. company sues state in hopes of mining uranium Updated: Aug-05-15 3:46 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A mining company that wants to tap one of the richest known deposits of uranium in the world says it has filed a legal challenge to Virginia's 33-year ban on the mining of the radioactive ore.