- Trimble leads No. 2 Maryland past Rhode Island 86-63 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:58 pm
PUERTO AVENTURAS, Mexico - Melo Trimble scores 17 points on 7-for-7 shooting, and No. 2 Maryland beat Rhode Island 86-63 on Wednesday night in the Cancun Challenge.
- Navy upends UMBC 75-54 behind Knorr Updated: Nov-25-15 9:29 pm
BALTIMORE, Maryland - Kendall Knorr scored a career-high 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting with four 3-pointers and Navy beat University of Maryland-Baltimore County 75-54 on Wednesday night to win its third straight.
- Man convicted of killing cab driver Updated: Nov-25-15 9:15 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A Baltimore man was convicted of fatally shooting a cab driver in Millersville after a dispute over a girlfriend.
- Woman reports 'dynamite' text; passenger removed from plane Updated: Nov-25-15 7:11 pm
BALTIMORE - Four passengers were removed from a Chicago-bound flight at Baltimore's international airport last week after a fellow passenger said she saw one of them receive a text with the word "dynamite" and the code for an airport in India, according to a police report.
- Invigorated Schaub readies for first start with Ravens Updated: Nov-25-15 6:07 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Since the beginning of last season, Matt Schaub has thrown exactly 10 passes in NFL competition.
- Parker-Rivera leads Towson past D-III Gallaudet 88-45 Updated: Nov-25-15 4:09 pm
TOWSON, Maryland - Senior Timajh Parker-Rivera posted his third career double-double and Mike Morsell scored 16 to lead Towson past Division III Gallaudet 88-45 Wednesday.
- Man gets 30 years for fatal shooting during fight in Bowie Updated: Nov-25-15 4:08 pm
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - An Upper Marlboro man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for fatally shooting another man during a fight outside a tennis club in Bowie.
- Police: Teen charged in stabbing at Baltimore high school Updated: Nov-25-15 12:23 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say a 17-year-old Baltimore high school student has been charged as an adult with attempted murder in a classroom stabbing that left a schoolmate critically wounded.
- Bryan Voltaggio denies accusations made by cooks in lawsuit Updated: Nov-25-15 11:49 am
BALTIMORE - Attorneys for prominent Maryland "Top Chef" Bryan Voltaggio and restaurateur Hilda Staples are denying accusations that their clients improperly paid workers.
- Baby loggerhead sea turtle moves into National Aquarium Updated: Nov-25-15 11:02 am
BALTIMORE - The National Aquarium's newest resident fits in the palm of your hand.
- Spokesman says prayer at public school event was a mistake Updated: Nov-25-15 10:31 am
SABILLASVILLE, Maryland - A Frederick County Public Schools spokesman says a prayer said by a local Methodist minister at an elementary school assembly was a mistake.
- Council: Talbot Boys statue to remain on courthouse lawn Updated: Nov-25-15 7:18 am
EASTON, Maryland - The Talbot County Council has announced that the Talbot Boys monument will remain on the county courthouse lawn despite protest and debate.
- Sulaimon helps No. 2 Maryland beat Illinois State 77-66 Updated: Nov-25-15 1:55 am
PUERTO AVENTURAS, Mexico - Maryland is getting used to playing from behind in the second half.
- BGE ordered to reduce charge for opting out of smart meters Updated: Nov-24-15 8:19 pm
BALTIMORE - Maryland's Public Service Commission has ordered BGE to cut in half its monthly fee to customers who opt out of having smart meters installed in their homes or small businesses.
- Gilbert's 32 leads Fairfield past Md Eastern Shore 113-74 Updated: Nov-24-15 7:57 pm
PRINCESS ANNE, Maryland - Marcus Gilbert made five 3-pointers and scored a career-high 32 points, Tyler Nelson had 20 points, eight rebounds and nine assists, and Fairfield beat Maryland Eastern Shore 113-74 on Tuesday night.
- Recent death of man shot 4 years ago ruled a homicide Updated: Nov-24-15 7:22 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Anne Arundel County Police say the death of a man four years after he was shot has been ruled a homicide.
- Ravens sign Clausen as backup QB, put Flacco on IR Updated: Nov-24-15 5:20 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - The Baltimore Ravens have claimed quarterback Jimmy Clausen off waivers to serve as backup to Matt Schaub.
- Developer found competent for trial on bank fraud charges Updated: Nov-24-15 3:40 pm
BALTIMORE - A western Maryland developer has been found competent to stand trial on federal charges he bilked banks out of $3.7 million in fraudulent real-estate schemes.
- 93 percent of riot-damaged Baltimore business have reopened Updated: Nov-24-15 3:14 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's economic development agency says 93 percent of the businesses damaged by rioting, looting and arson in April have reopened.
- Police: Officer shoots man swinging butcher knife in wrist Updated: Nov-24-15 1:33 pm
DUNDALK, Maryland - Baltimore County Police say an officer shot a man swinging a butcher knife, striking him on the wrist.
- Freddie Gray jury will be anonymous, not sequestered Updated: Nov-24-15 12:33 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore judge has ruled that jurors in the first trial of a police officer in the death of Freddie Gray can remain anonymous, but they won't be sequestered.
- Baltimore mayor heading to Paris for climate conference Updated: Nov-24-15 11:40 am
BALTIMORE - Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake is headed to Paris next week for the United Nations' climate change conference.
- Towson diving coach charged after phone found in locker room Updated: Nov-24-15 10:35 am
TOWSON, Maryland - Officials at Towson University say the school's head diving coach has been indicted on charges in connection with a cellphone found in a women's locker room.
- Metro: Man hit, killed by Metro train may have fallen Updated: Nov-24-15 6:53 am
CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Maryland - Officials say a man struck and killed by a Metro train in Maryland may have fallen from the platform.
- Last pretrial hearing before Freddie Gray case begins Updated: Nov-24-15 6:09 am
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore judge will hear the final arguments from prosecutors and defense attorneys before the first of six trials in the Freddie Gray case begins next week.