- Faculty asks Catholic college's president to resign Updated: Feb-12-16 8:32 pm
Faculty members of Mount St. Mary's University voted overwhelmingly Friday to ask the embattled president of the rural Maryland school to resign by Monday morning.
- Philadelphia lawyer indicted in drug trafficking ring Updated: Feb-12-16 8:20 pm
A Philadelphia defense attorney who has represented clients in high-profile crimes in Pennsylvania has been indicted in Maryland on charges of laundering money for a large drug-dealing organization, according to prosecutors and court documents.
- Possible whale bones found in passenger's luggage at BWI Updated: Feb-12-16 7:45 pm
LINTHICUM, Maryland - Customs and Border Protection officials say possible whale bones were found in the luggage of a passenger who flew into BWI Airport from Iceland.
- Nurse acquitted of assault, sex offense against patient Updated: Feb-12-16 7:18 pm
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - A nurse accused of inappropriately touching a patient while he was treating her in a hospital emergency room has been found not guilty of assault and a sex offense.
- Orioles hire former Mets exec McIlvaine to front office post Updated: Feb-12-16 6:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have hired Joe McIlvaine as senior adviser of player personnel.
- Veto override drawing vitriol from constituents in Maryland Updated: Feb-12-16 5:01 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Senate president is calling for civility after Democrats received what he called "the most vicious hate mail you can possibly imagine" in the aftermath of overriding the Republican governor's veto.
- Baltimore businesses OK'd for $165K in riot recovery loans Updated: Feb-12-16 2:50 pm
BALTIMORE - The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved more than $165,000 in economic injury loans to help 38 Baltimore-area small businesses and nonprofits recover from civil unrest related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Md. Senate president calls for civility after veto override Updated: Feb-12-16 2:05 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Senate president is calling for civility after Democratic senators have received what he called "the most vicious hate mail you can possibly imagine" in the aftermath of a veto override vote.
- Funeral arrangements made for second slain Maryland deputy Updated: Feb-12-16 12:57 pm
JOPPA, Maryland - Funeral arrangements have been announced for a second Harford County sheriff's deputy slain in Abingdon.
- Maryland private universities launch financial aid program Updated: Feb-12-16 12:55 pm
BALTIMORE - A group of Maryland private universities are launching a new financial aid program to match a state grant for students with financial need.
- Football used in 1958 title game auctioned for $62,140 Updated: Feb-12-16 12:07 pm
BALTIMORE - The football that Johnny Unitas threw to Raymond Berry for a touchdown in the historic 1958 NFL Championship game has been sold for $62,140 at an auction.
- Maryland lawmakers run afoul on online donation ban Updated: Feb-12-16 12:06 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Records show that several Maryland state lawmakers have solicited donations online during the current legislative session - a possible violation of a state ban on fundraising during that time.
- Fire officials ID man who died after apartment fire Updated: Feb-12-16 12:02 pm
BALTIMORE - Fire officials are identifying a 24-year-old man who died after an apartment fire in Baltimore.
- Alan Cumming on sappy songs and 'The Good Wife' ending Updated: Feb-12-16 11:00 am
NEW YORK - The coolest place to be on Broadway last year was inside the Studio 54 theater. To be more specific, it was in Alan Cumming's dressing room there.
- Woman dies after car hits snowplow on western Maryland road Updated: Feb-12-16 10:48 am
MCHENRY, Maryland - Maryland State Police say a Virginia woman has died after the car in which she was riding hit a snow plow.
- Martin O'Malley's band to perform in Baltimore next month Updated: Feb-12-16 5:06 am
BALTIMORE - Former presidential candidate Martin O'Malley will perform with his Irish pub-rock band for the first time since he suspended his presidential campaign.
- Comptroller to discuss ongoing actions to fight tax fraud Updated: Feb-12-16 2:46 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Comptroller Peter Franchot will discuss ongoing efforts to fight tax fraud and identity theft at tax preparation businesses.
- Indiana News Digest Updated: Feb-12-16 12:00 am
Here's a look at AP's Indiana news coverage at 12 a.m.
- Son: Gunman who killed deputies violent, abusive to family Updated: Feb-11-16 10:07 pm
EDGEWOOD, Maryland - Before he fired a shot at a sheriff's deputy, sending bystanders fleeing from a suburban sandwich shop, a drifter had a history of harming, stalking and scaring those closest to him, according to the man's estranged son.
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Updated: Feb-11-16 9:57 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Coming off a rare Big Ten loss, No. 5 Maryland couldn't wait to get back on the basketball court.
- Robinson carries Mount St. Mary's over Sacred Heart 66-61 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:43 pm
EMMITSBURG, Maryland - Junior Robinson pushed Mount St. Mary's ahead with five of his career-high 26 points in the final minute and the Mountaineers beat Sacred Heart 66-61 on Thursday night.
- Stony Brook remains unbeaten in AEC, wallops UMBC, 75-52 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:34 pm
BALTIMORE - Jameel Warney scored 22 points and Stony Brook maintained its perfect record in America East Conference play by walloping the University of Maryland-Baltimore County, 75-52 Thursday night.
- Northeastern outlasts Towson 47-44 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:02 pm
TOWSON, Maryland - David Walker scored 18 points and Northeastern outlasted Towson 47-44 on Thursday night.
- The Latest: Funeral arrangement for deputy announced Updated: Feb-11-16 8:44 pm
ABINGDON, Maryland - The Latest on a gunman fatally shooting two sheriff's deputies and being killed in a shootout (all times local):
- NORAD wants to resume tests with giant radar balloons Updated: Feb-11-16 8:23 pm
BALTIMORE - NORAD wants to resume testing of giant radar balloons which were grounded at Aberdeen Proving Ground after one broke free last year, leaving a path of destruction in its wake.