- Husband and wife physicians convicted of health care fraud Updated: Sep-04-15 8:46 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - Two Potomac doctors who owned and operated a pain management clinic have been convicted of health care fraud.
- Suspect in fatal church stabbing getting mental health exam Updated: Sep-04-15 6:33 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A judge in Frederick has ordered a mental health evaluation for a man accused of fatally stabbing a South Korean visitor and wounding the victim's wife at a rustic religious retreat.
- Hogan outlines across-the-board agency cuts Updated: Sep-04-15 6:05 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Gov. Larry Hogan has outlined the specifics in his cost-savings plan to cut 2 percent from state agencies across the board, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press on Friday outlining the specifics.
- Convicted ex-Ravens cheerleader won't be charged in Maryland Updated: Sep-04-15 4:34 pm
TOWSON, Maryland - A former Baltimore Ravens cheerleader who was convicted of raping a 15-year-old boy in Delaware won't face similar charges in Maryland.
- Mistrial declared in case of Baltimore officer who was shot Updated: Sep-04-15 4:05 pm
BALTIMORE - Ruling that police had failed to turn over evidence to the defense, a Baltimore judge has declared a mistrial for a man accused of shooting an off-duty officer.
- Maryland officials announce new health insurance rates Updated: Sep-04-15 3:29 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Officials announced new premium rates for small group and individual health insurance plans Friday, with critics highlighting substantial increases for individual plans for CareFirst of Maryland Inc. - the largest insurer for the state's exchange.
- Boy injured in alleged beating gets hometown welcome Updated: Sep-04-15 1:05 pm
HANCOCK, Maryland - Two months after he was taken to the hospital and placed on life support due to suspected child abuse, 6-year-old Dustin Barnhart of Hancock came home this week.
- Officials identify couple killed in Baltimore fire Updated: Sep-04-15 12:59 pm
BALTIMORE - Authorities are identifying a couple killed in a fire at a home in south Baltimore.
- Charges dropped for mom's boyfriend in roadside baby case Updated: Sep-04-15 12:13 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Prosecutors have dropped assault charges against the boyfriend of a Maryland woman charged with leaving her weeks-old daughter on the side of a road.
- Maryland counting on QB Hills, 4-3 defense against Richmond Updated: Sep-04-15 11:45 am
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - How will Maryland's Perry Hills performs at quarterback is the most pertinent question for Terrapins in their season opener against Richmond.
- Horse industry worries about plans to curb casino subsidies Updated: Sep-04-15 11:14 am
BOSTON - Horse track operators and breeders are concerned the good times might be trotting to a close as some states move to rein in a lucrative subsidy that's helped prop up their long suffering-industry.
- Ocean City's boardwalk tram adds extra week of service Updated: Sep-04-15 8:34 am
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - Officials in Ocean City say the town is extending Boardwalk tram service for an extra week.
- Police: 10-year-old boy hurt in Baltimore shooting Updated: Sep-04-15 8:25 am
BALTIMORE - Police say a 10-year-old boy was one of three people injured in a shooting in West Baltimore.
- Hogan notes larger-than-expected budget balance Updated: Sep-04-15 4:49 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Gov. Larry Hogan says Maryland ended the fiscal year with a higher-than-expected budget balance.
- State: 1000s of landlords haven't met lead registry rule Updated: Sep-04-15 4:17 am
BALTIMORE - The Maryland Department of the Environment says it's sending out 87,000 letters to landlords who haven't registered their rental units under a law meant to reduce childhood lead poisoning.
- 6 plead guilty in Baltimore-to-West Virginia heroin case Updated: Sep-04-15 3:18 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Six people have admitted their roles in a heroin trafficking operation.
- Man faces charges after tweeting 'kill all the white people' Updated: Sep-03-15 10:04 pm
LA PLATA, Maryland - Police say a 20-year-old man has been charged after he tweeted about killing "all the white people" in a Maryland town.
- Lawyer who operated debt settlement scam sentenced Updated: Sep-03-15 8:20 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - A lawyer who prosecutors say continued to operate a debt settlement scam after he lost his license to practice has been sentenced to 3 ½ years in prison.
- Mandel remembered as architect of modern Maryland Updated: Sep-03-15 8:04 pm
PIKESVILLE, Maryland - Maryland politicians from both parties remembered former Gov. Marvin Mandel on Thursday for his lasting innovations to state government and his quiet but highly effective talent for politics.
- Kennel owner: Ex-Steeler doesn't deserve dog he left there Updated: Sep-03-15 7:35 pm
BALTIMORE - The owner of a Baltimore kennel where former Pittsburgh Steeler Chris Kemoeatu has left his dog for the past 10 months says he's racked up an $11,000 bill and she may find a new home for the animal.
- Army suspends operations at labs due to anthrax probe Updated: Sep-03-15 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Army Secretary John McHugh has suspended operations at four Defense Department laboratories that handle biological toxins, as the military scrambles to explain and correct problems that led to the accidental shipment of live anthrax to dozens of other labs around the country and the world.
- Ex-Baltimore police commissioner discusses tenure, firing Updated: Sep-03-15 5:44 pm
EMMITSBURG, Maryland - Baltimore's former police commissioner says the department failed to improve public trust under his leadership and officers feeling a lack of support "took a knee" after April's riots, letting crime spike.
- Md. man who didn't appear for sentencing arrested in Texas Updated: Sep-03-15 4:43 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Anne Arundel County State's Attorney office in Maryland says a man who failed to appear at sentencing for attempted murder has been arrested in Texas.
- Orioles' untimely skid severely damages their playing hopes Updated: Sep-03-15 3:13 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles were right in the middle of the AL playoff race until plummeting into an inexplicable nosedive that negated everything they accomplished over the first 4 1/2 months of the season.
- Ciena rises on 3Q profit and 4Q estimate Updated: Sep-03-15 1:43 pm
HANOVER, Maryland - Shares of Ciena Corp. rose Thursday after the developer of high-speed networking technology reported a larger third-quarter profit and gave a solid forecast for the fourth quarter.