- Officer charged with trying to rape pre-trial inmate Updated: Jul-07-15 9:05 pm
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - Montgomery County Police have arrested a corrections officer they say tried to rape a pre-trial services inmate on a work detail.
- Maintenance man gets 30 years for killing property manager Updated: Jul-07-15 8:26 pm
TOWSON, Maryland - A maintenance man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for fatally stabbing a property manager in Reisterstown.
- Baltimore police tap outside board to review riot response Updated: Jul-07-15 6:53 pm
BALTIMORE - An outside organization will review the Baltimore Police Department's response to recent rioting and civil unrest in the wake of the death of Freddie Gray at the commissioner's request.
- Harford County sheriff ends aviation program Updated: Jul-07-15 6:41 pm
BEL AIR, Maryland - Harford County's sheriff is discontinuing the department's aviation program, citing safety issues and the cost.
- Baltimore Symphony creating new series with indie rock bands Updated: Jul-07-15 4:14 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is going indie for a new concert series.
- Cummings calls for lower overdose antidote prices Updated: Jul-07-15 2:44 pm
BALTIMORE - Rep. Elijah Cummings is calling on Maryland leaders to negotiate lower prices for a heroin overdose antidote to ensure first responders have the drug at hand when they need it.
- 3 major agencies give Maryland bonds top ratings Updated: Jul-07-15 2:03 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The State Treasurer says the three major national bond rating agencies have given Maryland bonds top ratings.
- Medical marijuana grower buys land in Allegany County Updated: Jul-07-15 11:50 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - A company planning to grow medical marijuana has purchased land in Allegany County to cultivate the plant.
- Gov. Hogan makes first public appearance since chemotherapy Updated: Jul-07-15 11:29 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan has made his first public appearance since finishing his opening round of chemotherapy last week.
- Scientologists appealing rejection of drug rehab center plan Updated: Jul-07-15 9:38 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Lawyers for a Scientology-affiliated drug rehab facility are appealing a Frederick County Council vote that rejected a plan to turn a former presidential fishing spot into a Narconon drug rehabilitation center.
- Man to spend 1 month in jail after shooting escaped horse Updated: Jul-07-15 8:52 am
WESTOVER, Maryland - A Somerset County man will spend a month in jail for shooting a miniature horse that escaped his property.
- Police investigating man fatally shot during home invasion Updated: Jul-07-15 8:38 am
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - Authorities say a resident fatally shot a man who was trying to break into his Upper Marlboro home.
- Cumberland police: Man charged with kidnapping girl, 16 Updated: Jul-07-15 6:58 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Cumberland police say they've charged a 36-year-old man with kidnapping a 16-year-old girl.
- Md. will appeal FEMA denial of riot disaster aid Updated: Jul-07-15 4:19 am
BALTIMORE - The state of Maryland says it will appeal the federal government's denial of disaster aid to help the state and Baltimore city recover millions of dollars in riot-related costs.
- State trooper charged with off-duty sex offense Updated: Jul-06-15 8:34 pm
CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Maryland - Prince George's County Police say a state trooper has been charged with forcing a woman to engage in a sex act at gunpoint.
- Authorities: Autistic boy, 6, on life support after beating Updated: Jul-06-15 5:49 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Sheriff's officials say a 6-year-old autistic boy is on life support after he was beaten by his mother's boyfriend.
- Maryland casinos generate $91.4M revenue in June Updated: Jul-06-15 5:26 pm
BALTIMORE - State officials say Maryland's five casinos generated $91.4 million in revenue in June.
- Baltimore police: 13-year-old charged in fatal stabbing Updated: Jul-06-15 5:06 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police say they have charged a 13-year-old in the fatal stabbing of a 15-year-old boy.
- Federal indictment says 3 members of MS-13 killed 2 in Md. Updated: Jul-06-15 4:50 pm
BALTIMORE - A federal indictment says three members of the Salvadoran gang La Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, killed two people in Maryland and wounded or threatened four others.
- Maryland mom held on $500K after infant found on roadside Updated: Jul-06-15 3:37 pm
PASADENA, Maryland - A Maryland mother is being held on $500,000 bail after police say she left her 6-week-old daughter on the side of a road Saturday.
- Autistic boy, 6, on life support after alleged beating Updated: Jul-06-15 3:36 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The Washington County Sheriff's Office says a 6-year-old autistic boy is on life support after he was beaten by his mother's boyfriend.
- Police: Maryland boy dies after being beaten for eating cake Updated: Jul-06-15 3:19 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Police say a 9-year-old boy has died after he was allegedly handcuffed and beaten for eating a piece of birthday cake without permission.
- Fentanyl-related deaths up 178 percent in Baltimore Updated: Jul-06-15 2:23 pm
BALTIMORE - Health officials are warning Baltimore residents that drug overdose deaths linked to a highly potent chemical commonly used to lace heroin are up 178 percent from last year.
- Boy dies after allegedly being beaten for eating cake Updated: Jul-06-15 1:49 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Hagerstown police say a 9-year-old boy has died after he was allegedly handcuffed and beaten for eating a piece of birthday cake without permission.
- Former Md. congressman Bartlett denies tenants' complaints Updated: Jul-06-15 1:08 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Former Maryland congressman Roscoe Bartlett is denying accusations he's a bad landlord.