- Sturgis finds a way to house hundreds of thousands of people Updated: Aug-04-15 9:10 am
STURGIS, South Dakota - A quarter-century ago, marking the 50th anniversary of the Sturgis motorcycle rally, a man with a house a block off Main Street said he had just rented his place for $6,000.
- South Dakota withholds 911 upgrade money after problems Updated: Aug-03-15 12:59 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A South Dakota board is withholding $259,000 from a Maryland vendor after problems with a new 911 system.
- Rapid City Harley-Davidson dealership hosts mini-rally Updated: Aug-03-15 9:10 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Terry Rymer makes no pretense about his newly expanded Black Hills Harley-Davidson dealership becoming its own mecca of motorcycling - not quite challenging Sturgis for the title, but certainly giving it a go.
- VA: Files containing personal information thrown in trash Updated: Aug-01-15 6:22 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Officials with the Department of Veterans Affairs in the Black Hills said this week they're taking steps to notify veterans affected by an information breach caused by an employee who accidently threw away personnel files on its Hot Springs campus.
- Veteran SD firefighter dies battling wildfire in California Updated: Aug-01-15 10:46 am
CUSTER, South Dakota - Black Hills National Forest officials are mourning the death of a U.S. Forest Service firefighter who died this week while battling a wildfire in California.
- School of Mines gets $750,000 grant from NASA program Updated: Aug-01-15 9:19 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The South Dakota School of Mines and Technology has been awarded a $750,000 grant from NASA to develop materials to be used in future exploration of other planets.
- Attempt to call special session of Legislature fails Updated: Jul-31-15 10:07 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An attempt by Black Hills lawmakers to call a special session of the South Dakota Legislature to address education funding has failed.
- SD health system asks for patient cooperation during rally Updated: Jul-29-15 6:58 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A health care system in western South Dakota is asking for its patients' cooperation during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally that begins Monday.
- SD authorities identify crash-prone areas near Sturgis rally Updated: Jul-29-15 2:44 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in western South Dakota have released a list of several crash-prone areas that motorists travel on in Pennington County during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
- Park fire probe concludes conditions were underestimated Updated: Jul-28-15 11:43 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A report on a wildfire in Wind Cave National Park in April concludes the park underestimated how dry conditions would affect efforts to control an escaped fire.
- Rapid City Council ponders required soil tests for new homes Updated: Jul-26-15 12:13 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Contractors building homes in Rapid City could soon be required to test soil conditions at building sites after homeowners complained of severe damage caused by expansive soils.
- Educators reach tentative contract agreement in Rapid City Updated: Jul-24-15 1:40 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Educators and the school board in Rapid City have reached a tentative agreement for a new contract for teachers in the upcoming school year.
- SD man accused of sexually abusing woman on rez indicted Updated: Jul-24-15 2:34 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A South Dakota man who federal authorities accuse of sexually abusing a woman three times on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation has been indicted.
- Trial of man accused of harassing Native Americans ends Updated: Jul-23-15 4:40 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The trial of a South Dakota man accused of harassing American Indian children with racial slurs and spilling beer on them at a hockey game ended Thursday but a judge said he won't issue a decision for several weeks.
- Trial begins of man accused of harassing Indian kids Updated: Jul-22-15 8:04 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Native Americans and activists packed into a theater doubling as a courtroom on Wednesday in part to protest what they view as lenient treatment of a South Dakota man accused of harassing American Indian children with racial slurs and spilling beer on them at a hockey game.
- Rapid City robber locks clerk in storage area before fleeing Updated: Jul-21-15 6:50 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Police are investigating a weekend armed robbery in Rapid City in which a convenience store clerk was locked in a storage area.
- Federal jury finds Pine Ridge man guilty of child abuse Updated: Jul-21-15 2:28 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A federal jury has convicted a Pine Ridge man of child abuse and assault charges.
- Bill in the US House would make bison the national mammal Updated: Jul-20-15 4:49 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A country's national animal is often an iconic image of the country, its people and their way of life.
- Rapid City power plant that opened in 1961 to get taken down Updated: Jul-19-15 10:35 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Crews will begin deconstructing a coal-fired power plant this summer that has been a part of Rapid City's northwestern skyline since 1961.
- Rapid City woman drowns in creek; alcohol likely a factor Updated: Jul-18-15 5:12 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in Rapid City are investigating the drowning of a woman in Rapid Creek.
- Hot Lotto ticket sold in Rapid City worth $9,000 Updated: Jul-16-15 5:50 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Hot Lotto ticket sold in Rapid City is worth $9,000 in the Wednesday drawing.
- Former Texas college official to lead Western Dakota Tech Updated: Jul-16-15 12:32 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A woman with 25 years of higher education experience in Texas is the new president of Western Dakota Tech in South Dakota.
- Brother of slain Rapid City police officer joins the force Updated: Jul-16-15 10:14 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - One of the newest members of the Rapid City police force is the brother of an officer who was killed in the line of duty four years ago.
- Summer hail prompts use of snowplows in South Dakota city Updated: Jul-15-15 1:44 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A brief but intense hailstorm that dropped as much as 4 inches of slippery pellets in a South Dakota city prompted officials to call out snowplows in the middle of summer.
- Belle Fourche man killed in Spearfish motorcycle-car crash Updated: Jul-15-15 6:46 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A collision involving a motorcycle and a car at a Spearfish area intersection killed the driver of the motorcycle and injured a passenger.