- Rapid City goalie back from brief NHL call-up Updated: Nov-24-15 10:56 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rookie goaltender Marek Langhamer is back with the Rapid City Rush after a brief call-up to the NHL's Arizona Coyotes.
- Rapid City police investigating casino robbery at swordpoint Updated: Nov-24-15 7:18 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police are searching for two men accused of robbing a casino with a sword.
- Rollover crash in SD kills woman, seriously injures toddler Updated: Nov-23-15 6:13 pm
HERMOSA, South Dakota - A woman is dead and a toddler is seriously injured following a rollover crash in western South Dakota.
- Ellsworth's B-1 bombers dropping bombs at record pace Updated: Nov-23-15 9:38 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - B-1 bombers from Ellsworth Air Force Base in South Dakota have been dropping bombs at a record pace this year as part of an escalated assault on Islamic State targets, authorities say.
- Author of book on Oglala chief Red Cloud to speak Updated: Nov-23-15 2:16 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Author John McDermott will talk about his latest book "Red Cloud: Oglala Legend" in Rapid City on Monday night.
- Rancher pleads guilty to falsely claiming cattle losses Updated: Nov-21-15 5:31 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A South Dakota rancher has pleaded guilty in federal court to falsely claiming he lost more than a hundred cattle during the autumn blizzard of 2013 that left ranchers in the state reeling with financial losses.
- Siblings honored for saving boy's life at Rapid City hotel Updated: Nov-20-15 8:18 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City Regional Hospital nurse and her brother have been honored for saving a boy's life.
- Injured trooper thanking those who have helped him recover Updated: Nov-18-15 3:50 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper recovering from injuries sustained during a traffic stop assault near Rapid City issued a statement on thanking those who have helped him on his road to recovery.
- Winter clothing for homeless allowed on Rapid City statues Updated: Nov-17-15 8:29 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City Mayor Steve Allender is allowing scarves, hats and gloves to be placed on presidential statues in the city's downtown to help the less fortunate, in a reversal of previous city policy.
- Former Rapid City teacher gets 25 years in child pornography case Updated: Nov-17-15 2:36 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A former middle school teacher in Rapid City has been sentenced to 25 years in federal prison in a child pornography case.
- County commissioner accused of defying septic system rules Updated: Nov-16-15 9:48 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Pennington County commissioner who is a critic of government oversight of septic systems is accused of violating county law by failing to obtain a permit for his system.
- ND patrol grows mustaches to support injured SD trooper Updated: Nov-15-15 2:03 am
- Game, Fish and Parks weighs routes for Mount Rushmore trail Updated: Nov-14-15 11:56 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks is evaluating different routes for a trail that would connect the Mount Rushmore National Memorial to the well-known George S. Mickelson Trail.
- Rapid City seeing historically high number of homicides Updated: Nov-12-15 8:39 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A homicide in Rapid City this week has made 2015 a particularly violent year in the city.
- Shooting death of man in Rapid City treated as a homicide Updated: Nov-11-15 12:37 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police are treating the shooting death of a man as a homicide.
- Study on Rapid City racial friction finds pluses, minuses Updated: Nov-11-15 9:51 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An independent study on race relations in Rapid City shows friction between the Native American community and the mostly white police force, but also a desire to improve the situation.
- Rapid City murder suspect pleads guilty to manslaughter Updated: Nov-11-15 6:45 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A man accused of beating and strangling another man in Rapid City last year has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
- Ruling clears Oglala Lakota County residents for jury duty Updated: Nov-10-15 3:54 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota's Supreme Court has tossed out a judicial order that for years excluded residents of Oglala Lakota County from serving on juries.
- Rapid City woman pleads guilty in boyfriend's stabbing death Updated: Nov-10-15 6:50 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City woman accused of fatally stabbing her boyfriend has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
- Brothers reunite in Rapid City after over 60 years Updated: Nov-09-15 6:10 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Two brothers who were put up for adoption have reunited in Rapid City after six decades.
- Residents of Hill City push for assisted living center Updated: Nov-08-15 12:32 pm
HILL CITY, South Dakota - A group of residents of Hill City in western South Dakota are trying to gather support for a local assisted living and affordable housing complex.
- Hotel Alex Johnson navigates preservation rules for windows Updated: Nov-07-15 4:36 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A historic Rapid City hotel has navigated an intricate set of preservation regulations to replace windows on a handful of floors as part of a two-year renovation.
- State trooper injured in traffic stop released from hospital Updated: Nov-07-15 9:44 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper has been released from the hospital after sustaining injuries from an assault during a traffic stop near Rapid City.
- Body of woman found in Rapid City hotel; death is suspicious Updated: Nov-06-15 6:52 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police are investigating what they say is a suspicious death.
- Thune, Noem question Rapid City site for counseling center Updated: Nov-05-15 7:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The two most senior members of South Dakota's congressional delegation are questioning the location of a proposed counseling center in the wake of a string of suicides among Indian communities around the state.