- Rapid City man pleads not guilty in fatal April crash Updated: May-27-16 7:13 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City man charged with vehicular homicide in a fatal crash on a Pennington County road has pleaded not guilty.
- Longest tenured Rapid City employee to retire this week Updated: May-26-16 9:34 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The longest tenured Rapid City employee will retire Friday after more than 40 years of service.
- 3 of 4 suspects plead guilty in beating of highway patrolman Updated: May-25-16 8:32 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Three Washington state residents accused in the beating of a South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper have pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against a fourth suspect.
- South Dakota Indian hospital threatened with funds cutoff Updated: May-24-16 12:21 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The U.S. government on Monday threatened to cut off Medicare and Medicaid funding to a government-run hospital in Rapid City - the third South Dakota hospital serving Native Americans that's been found to have serious deficiencies in recent months.
- South Dakota Developmental Center dentist receives honor Updated: May-23-16 7:34 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota Developmental Center dentist Dave Peterson has been honored for his work by a dental association.
- Tornado reported near South Dakota-Nebraska border Updated: May-22-16 9:15 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Severe storms are bringing heavy rain, hail and high winds to parts of the Great Plains, and at least one tornado was reported in South Dakota near the Nebraska border.
- Parents want tougher weapons policy in Rapid City schools Updated: May-22-16 12:50 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Parents of Rapid City students are demanding the school district get tougher on weapons.
- Couple pressured to sell home to make way for parking lot Updated: May-22-16 12:10 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A couple is facing pressure to sell their downtown Rapid City home to Pennington County, which wants to build a parking lot in its place.
- Crews find McGillycuddy house's original wooden sidewalk Updated: May-22-16 10:08 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Crews at the McGillycuddy house in Rapid City have begun unearthing the home's original wooden sidewalk.
- Authorities looking for inmate who left job in Rapid City Updated: May-21-16 10:49 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities are seeking an inmate who left his community service job in Rapid City.
- Highway Patrol to hold seminars to recruit women to join Updated: May-20-16 8:28 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol is again reaching out to women who may want to work as state troopers.
- Bill Clinton campaigns for Hillary Clinton in Sioux Falls Updated: May-20-16 3:48 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Former President Bill Clinton touted Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton's experience as a U.S. senator and secretary of state in exhorting South Dakotans to vote for her in the state's June 7 primary.
- State investigating silt contamination in Rapid City creek Updated: May-20-16 8:53 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota's Department of Environment and Natural Resources is investigating a complaint about silt buildup in Rapid Creek due to a Rapid City road construction project.
- 2 men indicted in Rapid City homicide after 8-month probe Updated: May-19-16 5:57 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Two Rapid City men have been charged in the death of a 56-year-old man in the city, after an eight-month investigation.
- Suspect in trooper assault wants statements suppressed Updated: May-19-16 9:57 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Washington state man accused of trying to kill a South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper wants statements he made to investigators barred from trial.
- Bond set for 2 more suspects in slaying of Rapid City woman Updated: May-19-16 7:33 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Two men accused of being accessories in the alleged murder-for-hire last year of a Rapid City woman have had bond set at $1 million apiece.
- Scientists gather in Rapid City to discuss neutrinos Updated: May-18-16 7:03 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - About 175 scientists from across the globe are gathering in Rapid City Thursday to discuss the Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment.
- Boys, other bystanders rescue girl from Rapid City pool Updated: May-17-16 4:59 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities say the swift actions of a man and two boys saved the life of a 5-year-old girl who nearly drowned in a hotel swimming pool in South Dakota.
- Rapid City motel could make way for gas station Updated: May-15-16 1:20 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Residents of an aging Rapid City motel could have to move out if plans for a gas station and convenience store move forward.
- Guns stolen in South Dakota recovered from Colorado suspects Updated: May-13-16 12:56 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Three handguns stolen from a Rapid City outdoors store in April have been recovered in Colorado after violent crimes.
- Bernie Sanders completes trio of South Dakota campaign stops Updated: May-12-16 9:30 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders spoke out against what he called a corrupt campaign finance system and a rigged economy Thursday evening, wrapping up a three-stop campaign swing through South Dakota.
- SD park visitor injured after getting to close to buffalo Updated: May-12-16 7:04 pm
CUSTER STATE PARK, South Dakota - Custer State Park officials say a visitor was hospitalized Thursday after suffering injuries while getting too close to a buffalo.
- Bernie Sanders schedules Thursday rallies in South Dakota Updated: May-10-16 4:01 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders has scheduled three Thursday campaign stops in South Dakota.
- Vandals cause $20,000 in damage to Rapid City church Updated: May-10-16 11:09 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Vandals caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to a Rapid City church over the weekend.
- Rapid City woman pleads not guilty to Social Security fraud Updated: May-06-16 9:33 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City woman accused of defrauding the federal government has pleaded not guilty.