- Man accused of harassing American Indian students cleared Updated: Sep-01-15 5:16 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota man accused of using racial slurs and spilling beer on American Indian students during a hockey game was cleared of a disorderly conduct charge Tuesday, more than a month after a trial in the controversial case attracted more than 200 people.
- Judge refuses to lower bond for Rapid City murder suspect Updated: Sep-01-15 11:14 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A judge has refused to lower bond for a Rapid City woman accused in the stabbing death of her boyfriend.
- Rapid City mayor seeks longer terms of office for officials Updated: Sep-01-15 9:35 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City Mayor Steve Allender wants to double the length of the mayor's term of office and add a year to the terms of Rapid City Council members.
- Box Elder man convicted of assaulting officer with his car Updated: Sep-01-15 7:50 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A jury has convicted a Box Elder man of assaulting a police officer with his car.
- Rapid City hosting computer science conference contest Updated: Sep-01-15 2:19 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City and the School of Mines and Technology are planning to host the world's leading conference contest in the computer science field.
- Polo tradition ends in Black Hills after 3 decades Updated: Aug-31-15 3:49 pm
HILL CITY, South Dakota - A 30-year tradition between two polo teams in the Black Hills has come to an end because of problems coordinating the annual matches.
- One of South Dakota's wealthiest men says he's insolvent Updated: Aug-31-15 8:40 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A man thought to be one of the wealthiest in South Dakota says he is insolvent.
- Balance bicycle world championships held in Rapid City Updated: Aug-31-15 7:28 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Toddlers from around the world gathered in Rapid City over the weekend for the 2015 Strider World Championships.
- SD School of Mines honored for being veteran-friendly Updated: Aug-30-15 2:17 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - U.S. Veterans Magazine has named the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology as one of the country's top veteran-friendly schools.
- Crews demolishing old Rapid City power plant Updated: Aug-28-15 3:59 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Crews are demolishing an old Rapid City power plant.
- Student data breach reported by South Dakota School of Mines Updated: Aug-28-15 7:52 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Officials at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology say an email that a university employee inadvertently sent to graduate students included an attachment with names, student identification numbers and grade point averages of about 350 students.
- SD National Guard members visit Suriname to meet officials Updated: Aug-28-15 2:29 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota National Guard members recently traveled to the South American country of Suriname (SUR'-ih-nahm) to share with officials ways in which military personnel can help during disaster relief efforts.
- Suspect arrested in 2 recent Rapid City armed robberies Updated: Aug-27-15 1:02 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police have arrested a suspect in two recent armed robberies.
- More South Dakota firefighters help with Western wildfires Updated: Aug-27-15 9:07 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - More South Dakota firefighters are heading out to help fight wildfires in Western states.
- Airbus donates $500K aircraft part to SD School of Mines Updated: Aug-27-15 2:28 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An aircraft manufacturer has donated a 20-foot-long airplane part valued at $500,000 to the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology to support education and research efforts.
- Man pleads guilty to robbing Rapid City convenience store Updated: Aug-26-15 10:28 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A man accused of robbing a Rapid City convenience store at gunpoint earlier this summer has pleaded guilty.
- Bettors wager nearly $1M on new Deadwood games in 1st month Updated: Aug-26-15 8:41 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Bettors plunked down nearly $1 million in July on new games offered in the historic Black Hills gambling town of Deadwood.
- Rapid City mayor appointed to law enforcement commission Updated: Aug-26-15 7:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley has appointed the mayor of Rapid City to serve on the Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Training Commission.
- 3 cited in SD for selling alcohol to underage informant Updated: Aug-25-15 5:51 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Three people have been cited in western South Dakota after they sold alcohol to an underage police informant during a compliance check.
- SD Board of Education approves new social studies standards Updated: Aug-24-15 3:35 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The South Dakota Board of Education has approved new social studies standards that will change the way history is taught to students across the state.
- Rapid City casino robbery is fifth in city in past 2 weeks Updated: Aug-24-15 7:14 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police are investigating another armed robbery at a casino.
- Report: Public misled by South Dakota's online laws Updated: Aug-23-15 4:28 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - If you want to know the law in South Dakota, don't look at the laws.
- Ex-astronaut promotes STEM studies among Native Americans Updated: Aug-23-15 9:50 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A former NASA astronaut is trying to get Native American students to develop an interest in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
- Police investigating Rapid City convenience store robbery Updated: Aug-22-15 12:07 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Police in Rapid City are investigating an early morning convenience store robbery.
- Judge: Wal-Mart buyers must give deposition in Sturgis case Updated: Aug-21-15 4:26 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A federal judge is requiring that two buyers for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. give a deposition next week ahead of an upcoming trademark dispute trial.