- Joint venture acquires Raleigh shopping mall for $174M Updated: Feb-09-16 4:47 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A joint venture has acquired the Triangle Town Center mall in northern Raleigh for $174 million.
- 'Shark Tank' cast member Greiner to headline conference Updated: Feb-08-16 4:10 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - ABC's "Shark Tank" cast member Lori Greiner will be the featured speaker at a conference next month in Chattanooga.
- Underground wire catches fire in Chattanooga Updated: Feb-07-16 2:45 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Chattanooga Electric Power Board spokesman says an underground wire overheated and caused a fire that blew a manhole cover onto a street.
- Police chief seeks funds to recruit more minority officers Updated: Feb-07-16 2:12 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The Chattanooga police chief is seeking funds to launch a program to recruit more minority police officers.
- Chattanooga tops Furman, 62-54; improves to go 10-1 in SoCon Updated: Feb-06-16 7:31 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Justin Tuoyo scored 19 points and Tennessee-Chattanooga won its eight-straight game to remain alone on top of the Southern Conference standings, avenging its lone loss by posting a 62-54 win over second-place Furman Saturday.
- Woman jailed on murder charge in death of Marion County boy Updated: Feb-06-16 3:59 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say a 30-year-old woman has been arrested on charges of murder and child abuse in the death of her boyfriend's son.
- Tennessee, Georgia authorities crack down on sex trafficking Updated: Feb-06-16 3:21 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say more than 20 people have been arrested on charges related to sex trafficking and online exploitation of children in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Chattanooga wins 7th straight, cruises past Wofford 79-63 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:33 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Tre' McLean scored 21 points, and Justin Tuoyo added 20 points and blocked five shots to lead Chattanooga to a 79-63 victory on Thursday night for its seventh-straight win.
- House OKs bill letting Guard members carry guns Updated: Feb-04-16 2:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's GOP-controlled House has approved a bill that would allow members of the National Guard to carry concealed handguns while on duty.
- Rural broadband supporters call for change in Tennessee law Updated: Feb-03-16 7:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Rural lawmakers on Wednesday compared the dearth of broadband connections in their areas to being bypassed by electrification more than 80 years ago.
- 5-year-old calls 911, reports parents have been shot, killed Updated: Feb-03-16 2:31 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A 5-year-old boy called 911 after witnessing his mother and father being shot and killed inside their Chattanooga home.
- Cost of Watts Bar nuclear reactor rises to $4.7 billion Updated: Feb-03-16 2:04 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - America's first new power plant to be built in the 21st century may end up costing $200 million more than what it was budgeted last year.
- Soddy Daisy man sentenced to 7 years for child pornography Updated: Feb-03-16 4:40 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Soddy Daisy man who possessed child pornography featuring hundreds of known victims has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison.
- Mocs set program scoring mark in 125-85 win over The Citadel Updated: Feb-01-16 10:47 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Greg Pryor scored 21 points to pace Chattanooga's single-game scoring record against a Division I opponent as the Mocs beat The Citadel 125-85 on Monday night.
- Full text of Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget address Updated: Feb-01-16 7:21 pm
The full text of Gov. Bill Haslam's annual State of the State address as prepared for delivery to lawmakers on Monday:
- Police: 5-year-old called to report parents shot; both dead Updated: Feb-01-16 12:38 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say a 5-year-old boy called police in Chattanooga to report that his parents had been shot, and both were pronounced dead at the scene.
- Food truck gives the needy free lunch and a social circle Updated: Jan-23-16 2:44 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Mary Blackmon strolls up to the crowd around the food truck with the bearing of a queen. Even bundled up for a bitterly cold morning, she is clearly a beauty and is greeted like one with hugs and kisses and loads of "lookin' good!"
- UAW union hopes for 'reset' on Volkswagen labor relations Updated: Jan-22-16 2:30 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The United Auto Workers union is hoping a management overhaul at Volkswagen in the aftermath of its diesel emissions cheating scandal will help ease an impasse over collective bargaining at the German automaker's lone U.S. plant.
- Schools chief seeks buyout over alleged assault by players Updated: Jan-21-16 8:13 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The latest on the charges against three Tennessee high school officials who are accused of failing to report the sexual abuse of basketball players by teammates (all times local):
- Tennessee Senate votes to end emissions tests for new cars Updated: Jan-21-16 4:21 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The state Senate overwhelmingly passed a bill Thursday to end emissions testing in Tennessee for new cars, brushing aside concerns that relaxing standards might be a bad idea in light of the Volkswagen scandal.
- Man charged in Muslim attack plot to undergo mental testing Updated: Jan-20-16 11:47 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A judge has ruled that a Sequatchie County man accused of planning an assault on a small Muslim community in New York has to report for mental health testing.
- Deputies say man tried to impersonate firefighter at crash Updated: Jan-17-16 1:35 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A man who investigators say impersonated firefighters at the scene of a crash is facing criminal impersonation charges.
- McLean scores career-high 29, Chattanooga beats ETSU 94-84 Updated: Jan-16-16 7:31 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Tre' McLean made four 3-pointers and scored 29 points - both career highs - and Chattanooga beat East Tennessee State 94-84 Saturday for sole possession of first place in the Southern Conference.
- 2 players charged in assault approved for bond Updated: Jan-16-16 6:02 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Two high school basketball players charged with assaulting a teammate at Ooltewah High School have been approved for bonds of $5,000.
- Chattanooga cruises past Western Carolina 77-58 in SoCon Updated: Jan-14-16 9:59 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Justin Tuoyo scored 20 points and blocked two shots as Chattanooga defeated Western Carolina 77-58 in Southern Conference play on Thursday night.