- Tenn. Guard recruiters returning soon to storefront offices Updated: Oct-03-15 8:21 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State officials hope to have Tennessee National Guard recruiters back in their storefront offices in Chattanooga and across the state in coming days following security upgrades in response to a deadly attack in July.
- Woman charged with running pill mill gets 44 years in prison Updated: Oct-02-15 10:25 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Chattanooga woman will serve 44 years in federal prison after being charged with operating a pill mill.
- Clarification: Volkswagen-Chattanooga story Updated: Oct-01-15 2:09 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - In a story Sept. 30, The Associated Press reported that production of diesel-engine Passat sedans had been halted at Volkswagen's lone U.S. plant in light of the emissions scandal facing the world's largest automaker. The company said later that production of 2016 model diesel Passats will continue, but that the vehicles will be held at the plant until a remedy for emissions is released through Volkswagen's headquarters in Wolfsburg, Germany.
- St. George will not host Ironman World Championship Updated: Sep-30-15 4:41 am
ST. GEORGE, Utah - St. George will not be hosting 2017's Ironman 70.3 World Championship, with Chattanooga, Tennessee winning the bid instead.
- Marine: Basic training, instinct helped escape July attack Updated: Sep-29-15 12:56 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - More details are emerging from an attack where a gunman opened fire on a military recruiting center in Chattanooga this summer.
- Hearing set in 34-year-old Hamilton County murder case Updated: Sep-26-15 5:16 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A judge has set a court hearing date for a bowling alley owner charged with killing a man whose body was found in a steel drum on a lake 34 years ago.
- Vanderbilt rape retrial will include Chattanooga jury Updated: Sep-25-15 2:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A retrial in the rape case of two former Vanderbilt University football players will include an outside jury.
- State leaders try to allay fears about impact of VW scandal Updated: Sep-24-15 11:59 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - As an emissions cheating scandal engulfs the German automaker Volkswagen, Tennessee officials are trying to soothe fears about the potential impact on the company's Chattanooga factory, the crown jewel of the state's economic development efforts of the last decade.
- Tennessee lawmakers plan hearings on VW emissions scandal Updated: Sep-22-15 8:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Lawmakers in Tennessee plan to hold hearings over whether the Volkswagen emissions scandal could imperil the nearly $900 million in state and local incentives that have been directed toward the German automaker's lone U.S. plant in Chattanooga.
- Worker at TVA building in Chattanooga dies after fall Updated: Sep-22-15 2:52 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A 63-year-old worker has died of injuries he suffered in a fall at the TVA office building in Chattanooga.
- Authorities rescue man who fell about 40 feet from cliff Updated: Sep-21-15 1:14 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A man has been rescued after authorities say he fell several feet from a cliff on Signal Mountain.
- Group requests records about Islam curriculum from schools Updated: Sep-21-15 12:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A religious organization has requested records pertaining to Islam curriculum from all Tennessee school districts.
- Chattanooga nonprofit program helps female felons Updated: Sep-20-15 1:26 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A nonprofit program in Chattanooga is finding success in helping female felons prepare for life outside of prison.
- Firefighter moonlights as award-winning wild-horse trainer Updated: Sep-19-15 1:11 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Andy Blevins admits to being competitive.
- Police to hire social workers to help officers treat victims Updated: Sep-18-15 10:55 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga police say they'll use $600,000 in grant money to hire social workers to help officers support crime victims.
- Chattanooga Unite event honors lives of 5 slain servicemen Updated: Sep-17-15 12:02 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Crowds gathered to honor the lives of five servicemen who were killed in a deadly attack two months ago in Chattanooga.
- Former state lawmaker, broadcaster, dead at 84 Updated: Sep-13-15 1:36 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Bill McAfee, a former Tennessee state representative and broadcaster, has died. He was 84.
- Chattanooga rallies past D-II Mars Hill 44-34 Updated: Sep-12-15 5:24 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Derrick Craine scored four touchdowns as Chattanooga rallied past Division II Mars Hill 44-34 on Saturday.
- Officials look to make rescues easier in Pocket Wilderness Updated: Sep-12-15 1:23 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The popularity of the North Chickamauga Creek Gorge State Natural Area has officials looking to make changes that would make rescues of adventure-seekers less strenuous for volunteer agencies.
- Drug suspect mistakenly released from jail is captured Updated: Sep-08-15 8:58 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The U.S. Marshals Service says a man who was mistakenly released from a Tennessee jail in Hamilton County has been taken back into custody.
- Jacksonville St. clips Chattanooga, 23-20 Updated: Sep-05-15 9:23 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Troymaine Pope rushed for 180 yards on 15 carries and Miles Jones pounded in a 1-yard touchdown run with 2:41 remaining in the game to help lead Jacksonville State to a 23-20 come-from-behind win over Chattanooga in the season opener for both schools on Saturday.
- Police: Driver who hit, dragged man nearly 4 blocks charged Updated: Sep-04-15 7:53 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A 21-year-old man has been charged after police say he hit a pedestrian and dragged the man for nearly four blocks in Chattanooga.
- Judge could make ruling this week on school funding lawsuit Updated: Sep-03-15 12:26 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Davidson County judge says she plans to rule this week on whether to grant class-action certification on a lawsuit filed by several school boards alleging Tennessee's education funding shortchanges them and students.