- No charges against boy who shot friend at Aurora home Updated: Jul-21-15 7:29 pm
DENVER - Prosecutors will not charge a boy who accidentally shot his friend in the head at an Aurora home. The father who owned the gun also will not be charged.
- A look at Colorado's record on the death penalty Updated: Jul-21-15 3:05 pm
DENVER - Colorado theater shooter James Holmes will be sentenced to either death or life in prison without parole after the penalty phase of his trial, which starts Wednesday. Either way, Holmes can expect to spend decades in prison. Here's a look at Colorado's record on the death penalty:
- Crosses put up to honor Colorado theater shooting victims Updated: Jul-20-15 9:41 pm
AURORA, Colorado - Twelve crosses were lined up on an Aurora street corner on Monday to honor the 12 people killed three years ago in the shootings at a Colorado theater.
- Theater shooting victims included servicemen, 6-year-old Updated: Jul-16-15 7:33 pm
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - Twelve people were killed and dozens of others were wounded while attending a midnight movie premiere July 20, 2012, at a theater in the Denver suburb of Aurora. Here's a look at those who died:
- Wife of Aurora Rep. Buckner replaces him after his death Updated: Jul-15-15 8:37 pm
DENVER - The wife of former Aurora Rep. John Buckner has taken the oath of office to serve the rest of his term after his death in May.
- New study banning headers only part of stopping concussions Updated: Jul-14-15 9:03 am
AURORA, Colorado - A group of scientists checked a decade's worth of data about what causes concussions in high school soccer. Their conclusion: While a ban on heading would help decrease head injuries, what the game really needs is better enforcement of rules restricting all sorts of player-to-player contact.
- DA: Parole officer who shot, wounded man was justified Updated: Jul-09-15 9:46 pm
DENVER - Prosecutors will not charge a parole officer who shot and wounded a man who pulled a gun on her at an apartment complex in Aurora.
- State Sen. Carroll to challenge Coffman in Colorado's 6th CD Updated: Jul-07-15 8:26 am
AURORA, Colorado - Democratic state Sen. Morgan Carroll will challenge Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman for Colorado's 6th Congressional District.
- Man gets 40 years for Aurora crash that killed teenager Updated: Jul-01-15 10:02 pm
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - A man who ran a red light while drunk, killing a teenager in another car, has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.
- 1st investigations wrapping up on over-budget VA hospital Updated: Jul-01-15 9:04 pm
AURORA, Colorado - The first inquiries into what went wrong with a vastly over-budget veterans medical center outside Denver could be done soon, VA Deputy Secretary Sloan Gibson said Wednesday.
- Grand jury gets case of Colorado cop who killed unarmed man Updated: Jun-30-15 8:43 pm
GOLDEN, Colorado - A grand jury will decide whether to indict a suburban Denver police officer who shot and killed an unarmed parolee.
- Man hospitalized after being shot by police at Aurora bar Updated: Jun-29-15 6:09 pm
AURORA, Colorado - A man who was shot by police at a bar in Aurora is hospitalized in serious condition.