- Wins, setbacks mark the path to nationwide same-sex marriage Updated: Jul-06-15 1:05 pm
WASHINGTON - In 2004, when Massachusetts became the first state to allow same-sex couples to marry, President George W. Bush declared support for a constitutional amendment "to protect the institution of marriage." Voters in 13 states changed their constitutions to define marriage as the union of a man and a woman. In most of those states, the vote wasn't even close.
- Box cutter under bed sent terror defendant back to custody Updated: Jul-06-15 12:13 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minnesota man living at a halfway house while awaiting sentencing on a terror charge was returned to custody in April after a box cutter was found under his bed, according to a court document filed Monday.
- Municipal work crew punctures gas line in south Minneapolis Updated: Jul-06-15 12:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - An area of south Minneapolis was evacuated after a municipal work crew punctured a natural gas pipeline.
- Rain causes problems in western Wisconsin, Minnesota Updated: Jul-06-15 11:32 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Heavy rain is causing problems in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Police: 5 wounded in 2 Minneapolis late-night shootings Updated: Jul-05-15 10:01 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities say five people were wounded in two downtown Minneapolis attacks several blocks from one another after the bars closed down for the night.
- Got an idea for a TV sitcom? Contest might be for you Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A television comedy veteran who lives in Minnesota is giving aspiring writers a chance to break into the business.
- Major League Soccer looks to St. Paul for stadium site Updated: Jul-02-15 7:17 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Major League Soccer executives plan to meet with St. Paul officials as they look for a site to build a soccer stadium in Minnesota.
- Wild sign center Mikael Granlund, defenseman Mike Reilly Updated: Jul-01-15 7:09 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Wild finished a drawn-out negotiation with Mikael Granlund by locking up the center with a two-year deal on Wednesday.
- Wednesday ends long wait for medical marijuana patients Updated: Jul-01-15 4:57 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's medical marijuana program kicked off in the dead of night Wednesday, as the first three patients filed into a Minneapolis clinic at midnight and emerged with medicine the state's law had long kept out of reach.
- New sports uniforms level the playing field for Muslim girls Updated: Jul-01-15 12:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Girls in stylish athletic wear walk the runway as the sounds of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry blare from speakers. The crowd claps and cheers as the young models strike poses with basketballs, lacrosse sticks and boxing gloves. Finally, the big reveal: the Lady Warriors community traveling basketball team takes the stage in their cardinal red uniforms.
- Crowd cheers 'Love wins' at Minneapolis gay pride parade Updated: Jun-28-15 5:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A large and boisterous crowd turned out to celebrate at the annual gay pride parade in Minneapolis on Sunday, two days after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriages are legal in all 50 states.
- Medical pot sales to begin in Minnesota, but fight not over Updated: Jun-28-15 12:07 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - There will be no baggies of pot awaiting patients next week when Minnesota joins 21 other states in offering medical marijuana. No glass pipes, no plants to tend at home. Instead, the nation's latest medical marijuana program is a world of pill bottles and vials of marijuana-infused oil.
- Pastor to Minnesota archdiocese: Release probe details Updated: Jun-27-15 6:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A prominent Catholic pastor has called on the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis to release details of an internal investigation into former Archbishop John Nienstedt.
- Minneapolis residents speak up about police body cameras Updated: Jun-27-15 6:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis residents are sounding off about plans to equip police officers with body cameras.
- Minnesota same-sex marriage pioneer hails high court ruling Updated: Jun-27-15 12:50 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis man who fought for his own same-sex marriage more than 40 years ago is celebrating the landmark Supreme Court ruling that said gay couples can marry anywhere in the country.
- Charges say Minneapolis man was drunk in pedal pub crash Updated: Jun-26-15 7:41 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis man is accused of driving drunk, crashing into a pedal pub and seriously injuring several passengers.
- 2 charged in fatal stabbing of woman in Minneapolis Updated: Jun-26-15 7:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prosecutors have charged two people in the fatal stabbing of a woman in downtown Minneapolis.
- In South Dakota, gay marriages quickly commence Updated: Jun-26-15 7:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Gay South Dakotans exulted Friday as the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples in America have the constitutional right to marry and county officials across the state began issuing marriage licenses to all.
- Towns and Tyus arrive, Bjelica coming next to Timberwolves Updated: Jun-26-15 6:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Jacqueline Cruz-Towns sat on a bench in the Minnesota Timberwolves' sparkling new practice facility, proudly wearing a Wolves hat on her head and a big smile on her face as she recalled a pre-draft visit her son Karl-Anthony made to Minneapolis last week.
- Study: Hennepin County ignored some child abuse reports Updated: Jun-26-15 8:08 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A national child welfare group says Hennepin County's child protection agency has been ignoring abuse reports to ease its caseload.
- Man seriously injured in 40-foot fall in abandoned mill Updated: Jun-26-15 7:29 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis fire officials say a man suffered serious injuries after falling about 40 feet in an abandoned mill.
- Man gets 18 years for using runaway to promote prostitution Updated: Jun-26-15 4:13 am
MOORHEAD, Minnesota - A man has been sentenced to 18 years in prison after being accused of using a 13-year-old runaway from Minneapolis to promote prostitution in Moorhead.
- Joy in Minnesota after Timberwolves take Towns, Tyus Updated: Jun-26-15 1:27 am
MINNEAPOLIS - More than 8,000 Minnesota Timberwolves fans filed into Target Center on Thursday night, knowing that Karl-Anthony Towns was coming. They hoped Tyus Jones might be sticking around, too.
- Airplane catches fire at Minneapolis-St. Paul airport Updated: Jun-25-15 7:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Officials are investigating why a small plane caught fire at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Savers stores agree to changes after sued by Minnesota AG Updated: Jun-25-15 12:13 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Savers thrift store chain has agreed to improve transparency and will not solicit non-clothing donations without compensating charities as part of a settlement with Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson.