- Bag causes ticketing area shutdown at Twin Cities airport Updated: Aug-01-15 4:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport has resumed normal operations after an unattended bag caused the airport to shut down part of its ticketing area for about two hours.
- Police: Suspect arrested in Minneapolis double homicide Updated: Aug-01-15 1:26 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis police say a suspect is under arrest in the fatal shootings of two men near an intersection last weekend.
- Details about the lion hunt that caused outrage across globe Updated: Jul-30-15 6:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The U.S Fish & Wildlife Service said Thursday it's trying to reach the Minnesota dentist who killed a protected lion while on a guided hunt in Zimbabwe. The agency asked Walter Palmer to "contact us immediately."
- Zimbabwean baffled by foreign concern for killed lion Updated: Jul-30-15 1:59 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - While the death of a protected lion in Zimbabwe has caused outrage in the United States - much of it centered on the Minnesota dentist who killed the animal - most in Zimbabwe expressed a degree of bafflement over the concern.
- Authorities name 1 of 2 men killed in Minneapolis shooting Updated: Jul-30-15 4:52 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities have released the name of one of two men who were fatally shot Saturday night in south Minneapolis.
- Agent: Timberwolves agree to terms with Andre Miller Updated: Jul-29-15 11:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Professor will be holding office hours in Minnesota next season.
- Minneapolis committee to consider repeal of theater hat ban Updated: Jul-29-15 4:16 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis City Council committee is set to consider a repeal of a ban on wearing hats in Minneapolis theaters.
- Some victims identified in 1 of 2 Midwest plane crashes Updated: Jul-28-15 3:14 pm
Two teenagers from Mexico were among the seven people killed when two small planes crashed separately within hours of one another in western Wisconsin and southwestern Minnesota, authorities said Tuesday.
- Young people to cast aluminum sculptures for display at MIA Updated: Jul-27-15 5:05 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Young people in a special program will get a chance to see their sculptures on display at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
- More Minnesotans have health coverage but suits keep rising Updated: Jul-26-15 4:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The number of Minnesotans who have health insurance is rising but so is the number of state residents struggling to pay their medical bills.
- Minneapolis man sentenced to 20 years for moving meth to ND Updated: Jul-26-15 12:05 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A Minneapolis man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for transporting methamphetamine to a distributor in North Dakota.
- Man killed by Plymouth police officer was shot in head Updated: Jul-26-15 10:55 am
PLYMOUTH, Minnesota - Authorities say the man who was shot and killed by a Plymouth police officer inside a fast-food restaurant was shot in the head.
- Tickets go on sale early for 9th annual Haunted Basement Updated: Jul-25-15 5:05 am
MINNEAPOLIS - It's still summer, but The Soap Factory in Minneapolis wants to get you ready for Halloween chills.
- Report: Teen in hospital attack improperly placed there Updated: Jul-23-15 12:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A teenager accused in a brutal assault on a state psychiatric hospital staff member was placed in the adult institution in possible violation of a federal court order governing such decisions, according to a newspaper report Thursday.
- Loch Ness monster-like sculpture pulled from Lake Calhoun Updated: Jul-23-15 3:26 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A sculpture named Minne that resembles the Loch Ness monster has been removed from a Minneapolis lake after too many people climbed on its back and neck.
- Plan would turn Minnesota landmark into affordable housing Updated: Jul-22-15 9:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A $100 million redevelopment project would transform Fort Snelling's historic military buildings into 190 rental apartments for low-income families, officials said Wednesday.
- Dayton: Will keep seeking money for early education Updated: Jul-21-15 2:52 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Gov. Mark Dayton put lawmakers seeking hefty tax cuts next year on notice: They'll have to pony up more for early education programs to unlock money for their priorities.
- Viking stadium more than half way done Updated: Jul-20-15 12:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Construction of the Minnesota Vikings new stadium is more than half way done.
- Innovative roof makes Minnesota stadium lighten up Updated: Jul-20-15 12:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Ethylene-tetra-fluoro-ethylene.
- Chesney-Aldean concert sets Target Field record Updated: Jul-19-15 11:52 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Country stars Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean have set an attendance record at Target Field in Minneapolis.
- Corrections official: No need to change screening tactics Updated: Jul-19-15 11:05 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota inmate walked away from a minimum-security unit in Sioux Falls last week and allegedly went on to commit a string of crimes across Minnesota, but state corrections officials say they still believe their system of classifying inmates is working.
- Report: More residents in poverty in Twin Cities suburbs Updated: Jul-17-15 6:53 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A new report by the Metropolitan Council says more residents are living in poverty in metro-area suburbs than in the inner cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, putting a strain on communities that are now struggling to maintain housing, build transportation infrastructure and provide social services that poor residents need.
- Minneapolis mayor headed to Vatican, to meet Pope Francis Updated: Jul-17-15 2:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges is part of a select group of U.S. city leaders headed to the Vatican for a conference next week, where they'll meet Pope Francis.
- Minneapolis woman selling site planned for Eagan orphanage Updated: Jul-17-15 1:37 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The leader of a Minneapolis-based nonprofit that worked to build a 200-bed orphanage is giving up after 15 years of facing roadblocks and opposition.
- Community activist killed in home invasion Updated: Jul-17-15 6:37 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Acquaintances say the latest homicide victim on the city's north side was a community activist and artist who was killed in a home invasion.