- Meet the man behind Black Lives Matter St. Paul Updated: Oct-03-15 1:11 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Rashad Turner doesn't want your sympathy. He doesn't want to be your friend. He doesn't care if you like him. Turner says black Minnesota deserves more than it gets, and he's going to change that by getting in the way every chance he can.
- Playwrights' Center hosts new plays festival in Minneapolis Updated: Oct-03-15 5:06 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Playwrights' Center in Minneapolis will feature new plays at the 32nd annual PlayLabs festival this month.
- Xcel Energy plans to retire 2 of 3 coal-fired Sherco units Updated: Oct-02-15 7:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Xcel Energy announced plans Friday to retire two of the three units at its huge Sherco coal-fired power plant in Becker, the largest power plant in Minnesota, as part of a strategy to cut its carbon emissions 60 percent by 2030.
- Minnesotan changes plea to guilty in Islamic State case Updated: Oct-02-15 5:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minnesota man admitted Friday that he was threatening U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch when he fired off an angry tweet after federal prosecutors charged six men with conspiring to join the Islamic State group.
- Woman fatally stabbed, man in custody Updated: Oct-02-15 7:49 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Police say a man is in custody for fatally stabbing a woman in Minneapolis.
- Trial of indicted Minneapolis nonprofit head moved to 2016 Updated: Oct-01-15 3:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The federal fraud trial for a former Minneapolis nonprofit leader has been postponed until April.
- Dalai Lama blesses followers after release from clinic Updated: Sep-30-15 5:11 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - The Dalai Lama greeted dozens of followers who waited outside a civic center in Minnesota on Wednesday for a chance to see the Tibetan spiritual leader after his recent release from the Mayo Clinic.
- 4 arrested in theft investigation at Minnesota day cares Updated: Sep-29-15 8:52 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Three Minneapolis day care centers that primarily serve poor children are charged with billing the state for more children than they serve, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Charge: Woman vandalized sign of US dentist who killed lion Updated: Sep-29-15 6:39 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota - A woman has been charged with vandalizing the office sign of the Minnesota dentist who killed Cecil the lion.
- Crash of Redskins team buses to cost Minneapolis $237K Updated: Sep-29-15 5:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A crash last November involving buses carrying the Washington Redskins on their way to play the Minnesota Vikings will cost the city of Minneapolis more than $237,000.
- Minnesota businesses join fight against extremist recruiting Updated: Sep-29-15 10:47 am
MINNEAPOLIS - At dinners with imams, meetings with youth and even large community forums, Minnesota's U.S. attorney kept asking members of the state's Somali community the same question: What could he do to stop terrorist recruiting that had already lured dozens of young men and women overseas?
- Garnett returns to help Wolves, Mitchell while Flip is away Updated: Sep-28-15 5:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Flip Saunders brought Kevin Garnett back home to help turn a young, impressionable Minnesota Timberwolves roster into a group that can pull the franchise out of a decade of futility.
- Minneapolis man charged with killing wife, her daughter Updated: Sep-28-15 4:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis man is charged with fatally shooting his wife and her 15-year-old daughter last Friday.
- Team captains begin countdown to Ryder Cup Updated: Sep-28-15 3:10 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The battle for the Ryder Cup began Monday with a friendly exchange between rival captains in a Minneapolis skyscraper a half-hour away from the suburban course where the 17-inch trophy will be awarded this time next year.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Regulators drop boating rule legal fight for Minnetonka Updated: Sep-25-15 11:56 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The group that regulates use of the Twin Cities' largest lake is reviewing and revising a rule for the popular body of water.
- Executives camp out to raise funds for youth homelessness Updated: Sep-25-15 9:02 am
MINNEAPOLIS - About 100 corporate and community leaders plan to camp out this weekend to raise funds for young people who are homeless.
- Minneapolis VA to resume surgeries Friday Updated: Sep-24-15 4:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minneapolis VA Medical Center says it plans to resume surgeries Friday.
- Man, 18, charged in fatal shooting in downtown Minneapolis Updated: Sep-24-15 5:59 am
MINNEAPOLIS - An 18-year-old man has been charged in a Fourth of July weekend shooting in downtown Minneapolis that killed a teenager and injured another man.
- Riverso named new coach of Augsburg women's basketball Updated: Sep-22-15 7:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Augsburg College has named Ted Riverso the new coach of its women's basketball team.
- Documents: Minnesota man bought shotgun to kill his family Updated: Sep-22-15 7:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Court documents show a Minnesota man bought the shotgun he used to kill his family and himself just days before the shootings.
- General Mills 1Q profit jumps, beats 1Q forecasts Updated: Sep-22-15 8:29 am
NEW YORK - General Mills reported a 24 percent boost in first-quarter profit as it lowered costs and increased volume.
- US announces $19M in grants to expand use of body cameras Updated: Sep-21-15 7:36 pm
The Department of Justice awarded $19.3 million in grants Monday to dozens of police departments seeking to start using body cameras but turned down a greater number of applicants hoping for federal aid to deploy the technology.
- Minneapolis nursing home aide pleads guilty to rape Updated: Sep-21-15 6:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A male nursing assistant at a Minneapolis nursing home has pleaded guilty to raping an 83-year-old woman suffering from severe dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- NFLPA withdraws contempt-of-court motion in Peterson case Updated: Sep-21-15 5:37 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The NFL Players Association has withdrawn its contempt-of-court motion against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in the case of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's suspension.