- Ex-Galveston police officer gets prison for child porn Updated: Jun-30-15 8:01 am
AUSTIN, Texas - An ex-Galveston policeman must serve more than seven years in prison for having child pornography while working at the Texas attorney general's office.
- Galveston to spend $2M to replant trees destroyed by Ike Updated: Jun-26-15 2:41 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - The Galveston City Council has voted to spend up to $2 million to replant some live oaks and palm trees destroyed by Hurricane Ike in 2008.
- Palm trees on Galveston Island being set afire Updated: Jun-24-15 8:53 am
GALVESTON, Texas - More than a dozen palm trees have been set afire since January on Galveston Island in a string of arson cases.
- 11 arrested in undercover Galveston prostitution sting Updated: Jun-23-15 8:57 am
GALVESTON, Texas - Galveston police say 11 out-of-towners face charges in a prostitution and child sex investigation linked to an online sting.
- Officials looking for source of Texas beach oil seepage Updated: Jun-21-15 3:22 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Federal and state authorities are still looking for the source of an oil seepage that has forced officials to close about 200 yards of beach on the Bolivar Peninsula.
- Bryan Museum opens in Galveston, features American West Updated: Jun-19-15 5:03 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - J.P. Bryan didn't start out to make a museum.
- People on Bolivar Peninsula urged to leave as storm nears Updated: Jun-15-15 2:01 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Galveston County officials are recommending people on the low-lying Bolivar Peninsula leave in anticipation of high water and heavy rains from a storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico off the Texas coast.
- Galveston museum features Texan's collection Updated: Jun-15-15 8:48 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A new three-story museum in Galveston will feature a Texan's collection of books, documents, artifacts and works of art devoted to the American Southwest and Texas.
- Doctor at Houston hospital freed on bond in child pornography case Updated: Jun-11-15 9:17 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A pediatric doctor at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston has been freed on bond as he faces charges of receipt and possession of child pornography.
- NTSB blames 2014 ship channel collision, spill on tugboat Updated: Jun-10-15 2:22 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A tugboat captain's decision to try to beat a cargo ship into the Houston Ship Channel is the probable cause of a 2014 collision that spilled 168,000 gallons of oil that drifted up to 200 miles down the Texas Gulf coast, according to a federal report issued Tuesday.
- Vendor, Galveston parks board, at odds over beach umbrellas Updated: Jun-08-15 8:37 am
GALVESTON, Texas - The Texas General Land Office is involved in a dispute over umbrella and chair rentals on Galveston's Seawall Boulevard beaches.
- New federal judge for Texas settles in at Galveston Updated: Jun-02-15 12:53 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Judge George Hanks Jr. stood in his new workplace - Galveston's historic federal courtroom fashioned with grand wood panels and lights shaped as the scales of justice.