- Coast Guard opening Lake Michigan seasonal air facilities Updated: May-27-16 6:27 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - The U.S. Coast Guard is opening seasonal air facilities in Michigan and Illinois to boost Lake Michigan search and rescue operations during the spring and summer months.
- Prosecutor: Man charged with having bombs wanted to kill Updated: May-24-16 9:36 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - Authorities say a northern Illinois man charged with having pipe bombs wrote in his journal that he wanted to kill multiple people and himself.
- Lawyer seeks dismissal of charges against officer's widow Updated: May-17-16 7:30 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A Lake County judge says he will rule next month on a motion to dismiss criminal charges against the widow a suburban Chicago police officer who authorities say staged his suicide.
- Lake County sheriff reports 5 hospitalized after overdosing Updated: May-15-16 4:26 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - Authorities in Lake County say five people have been hospitalized after appearing to overdose on an unknown substance.
- Higher Lake Michigan water levels affect beaches, boaters Updated: May-14-16 9:46 am
CHICAGO - Lake Michigan water levels are up, making beaches smaller but helping boaters.
- Illinois residents honored for emergency response Updated: May-13-16 10:57 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Quick action by Waukegan firefighter Marcus Jackson saved the life of an accident victim with a punctured lung. Jackson is among the winners of the Illinois Department of Public Health EMS Hero Awards.
- Illinois youth home worker pleads not guilty in teen's death Updated: May-04-16 11:39 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A man who worked at a residential facility for troubled children in northern Illinois has pleaded not guilty to fatally choking a 16-year-old Chicago boy who lived there.