- Blackhawks place F Marian Hossa on injured reserve Updated: Feb-14-16 6:02 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks have placed Marian Hossa on injured reserve and recalled center Vincent Hinostroza from Rockford of the American Hockey League.
- Chicago-area priest charged with sexual abusing 2 children Updated: Feb-12-16 12:21 pm
AURORA, Illinois - Prosecutors outside Chicago have charged a Catholic priest with sexually abusing two children under age 13.
- Lawyer may use insanity defense for mom accused in slaying Updated: Feb-12-16 4:35 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - An attorney for a Rockford woman accused of stabbing her 8-year-old son to death says he might pursue an insanity defense on her behalf.
- Illinois News Digest Updated: Feb-12-16 1:06 am
Good morning. Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Illinois at 12 a.m. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Chicago bureau at 312-781-0500 or email@example.com. Caryn Rousseau is staffing the desk. AP-Chicago News Editor Hugh Dellios can be reached at 312-920-3624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 teens arrested after pursuit in stolen vehicle in Rockford Updated: Feb-08-16 10:38 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Authorities say three teenagers were arrested after leading Winnebago County deputies on a chase in a stolen vehicle.
- County filing insurance claim to recover funds lost by fraud Updated: Feb-07-16 2:45 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A northern Illinois county purchasing director allegedly spent more than $60,000 on personal items, according to a draft of an insurance claim Winnebago County plans to file.
- Police: Rockford's violent crimes surged 24 percent in 2015 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:54 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford last year saw a 24 percent surge in violent crimes, driven by rising youth violence and crimes involving guns, police in Illinois' third-largest city said.
- Leighton on verge of breaking Bower's AHL shutout record Updated: Feb-04-16 6:34 pm
Most hockey fans remember Michael Leighton as the goaltender who gave up Patrick Kane's Stanley Cup-winning goal in 2010. Now he's one shutout away from a much more favorable place in history.
- Organizers cancel Rockford AirFest 2016 Updated: Feb-02-16 4:02 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Organizers of the Rockford AirFest have cancelled the event for this year, citing an inability to attract the U.S. military's acrobatic jet teams.
- Winnebago County chairman drops re-election bid amid probe Updated: Feb-01-16 1:50 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - The chairman of a county board in northern Illinois said he's not running for re-election at the same time as federal authorities are investigating county spending irregularities.
- Rockford Christmas tree getting new life as table Updated: Jan-27-16 4:52 am
DURAND, Illinois - The towering Christmas tree that illuminated downtown Rockford this holiday season is getting a second life as a custom-designed wood table.
- Blackhawks send struggling Bickell to minors Updated: Jan-17-16 6:05 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks have reassigned slumping forward Bryan Bickell to Rockford of the American Hockey League.