- Jewelry worth $1M taken from Santa Fe store Updated: Dec-01-15 2:58 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - More than $1 million in jewelry has been stolen from a store on a historic plaza in Santa Fe as crowds gathered for a holiday tree-lighting festival outside.
- Feds want New Mexico to repay $16M in bonus payments Updated: Dec-01-15 2:07 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Investigators recommended Tuesday that New Mexico repay the federal government nearly $16 million they say the state should not have received under a health insurance program for low-income children.
- Century-old altar from France gets restoration in Hobbs Updated: Dec-01-15 1:38 pm
HOBBS, New Mexico - A newly restored, century-old black walnut altar imported from France is helping reshape St. Helena's Catholic Church in Hobbs.
- Former Sul Ross State volleyball coach Lynn dies at 86 Updated: Dec-01-15 1:23 pm
ALPINE, Texas - Billie Lynn, a former national champion volleyball coach at Sul Ross State, has died in New Mexico following a lengthy illness.
- Stolen tortoise returned home safely in Albuquerque Updated: Dec-01-15 1:00 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A pet tortoise stolen during a home invasion got to ride shotgun when Albuquerque police returned the reptile to its owner.
- Group says only half of female inmates paroled on time Updated: Dec-01-15 11:54 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - An advocacy group is calling for lawmakers to reevaluate parole policies, saying only half of female inmates in New Mexico are paroled on time.
- PRC schedules vote on fate of coal plant for mid-December Updated: Dec-01-15 10:08 am
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - The state Public Regulation Commission will take a final vote on a case that will likely decide the fate of a northwestern New Mexico coal-fired power plant on Dec. 16.
- Accused drunk driver in deadly crash faced previous DWI Updated: Dec-01-15 9:19 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man accused of driving drunk and killing three people in an Albuquerque crash was previously arrested on a DWI charge, but prosecutors failed to make court deadlines and the case was dismissed.
- Another New Mexico early child ed proposal get new push Updated: Dec-01-15 5:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Democrats and a coalition of 40 groups say they will push - again - for legislation that would tap into New Mexico's permanent land fund to expand childhood education.
- Albuquerque prepares to swear in 5 city councilors Updated: Dec-01-15 5:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A new city councilman is expected to be sworn in on Tuesday in Albuquerque.
- New Mexico lawmakers address backlog of untested rape kits Updated: Nov-30-15 10:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An estimated 5,000 untested rape kits are in New Mexico's crime labs and warehouses, and it could take five years to work through the backlog, state officials said Monday.
- Albuquerque to hold parade Sunday for UFC champ Holly Holm Updated: Nov-30-15 8:51 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New UFC women's bantamweight champion Holly Holm is being honored by her hometown of Albuquerque with a parade set for this Sunday.
- New Mexico lawmakers discuss campaign finance reform Updated: Nov-30-15 6:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The amount of money being spent on New Mexico politics by nonprofits and other independent groups is growing, but top elections officials told lawmakers Monday their hands are tied when it comes to ensuring transparency given that the state's campaign finance reporting laws are outdated.
- Man shot by police sues, claiming they didn't ID themselves Updated: Nov-30-15 6:41 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man sued Roswell police and said officers shot him without identifying themselves following a bizarre chain of events involving a fight with a relative.
- Bond set for accused drunk driver in deadly New Mexico crash Updated: Nov-30-15 5:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A $150,000 cash-only bond has been set for suspected drunk driver accused in an Albuquerque crash that killed three people.
- Farmington-area oil and gas tax revenue still dropping Updated: Nov-30-15 2:53 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - As tax revenue from the Farmington area's oil and gas sector continues its downward trend, the city is relying more heavily on retail and San Juan County is considering budget cuts.
- Albuquerque man sought in fatal stabbing of neighbor Updated: Nov-30-15 1:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police are seeking help in locating a 39-year-old man sought in the fatal stabbing of a neighbor.
- Clayton's power back after outage due to transmission line Updated: Nov-30-15 10:13 am
CLAYTON, New Mexico - Public Service Co. of New Mexico says power has been restored in Clayton after an overnight outage lasting about six hours.
- Former Espanola councilor gets probation in pistol-whipping Updated: Nov-29-15 2:57 pm
ESPANOLA, New Mexico - A former northern New Mexico city councilor charged with pistol-whipping a man and shooting at his vehicle made a plea agreement that spares him jail time, defense attorneys said.
- Suspect in Rio Rancho officer's death wants change of venue Updated: Nov-29-15 1:47 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man accused of fatally shooting a police officer in a suburb of Albuquerque wants his trial to be held elsewhere.
- 'Sting trailers' offer glimpse into world of cargo thieves Updated: Nov-29-15 12:24 pm
WILLINGTON, Connecticut - Somewhere in America, a tractor-trailer loaded with hidden surveillance equipment is parked at a truck stop or warehouse while authorities wait for thieves to steal it.
- Cuffed suspect flees in Albuquerque police car Updated: Nov-29-15 11:39 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A woman who slipped out of her handcuffs and took off in an Albuquerque police vehicle, leaving a trail of damage, is in jail.
- Albuquerque winds calm day after 'tumbleweed wall' pops up Updated: Nov-29-15 11:18 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Winds in Albuquerque are expected to be a lot calmer than the gusts that created a 7-foot wall of tumbleweed.
- New Mexico exchange to open new center in Santa Fe Updated: Nov-29-15 5:00 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The state health insurance exchange is opening a new health center in Santa Fe in an effort to reach more people.
- Air Force fails to stop New Mexico's big plays, loses 47-35 Updated: Nov-29-15 3:44 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Timothy McVey made quite an impression in his first start for Air Force against New Mexico on Saturday.