- Bridgeport man gets 30 years in prison for killing boy's mom Updated: May-29-15 8:23 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Bridgeport man who fatally stabbed the mother of a 9-year-old boy and then tried to kill himself with a drug overdose has been sentenced to 30 years in prison.
- 2 hurt after police cruiser hits car, smashes into building Updated: May-27-15 4:14 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Two people have been hospitalized after a police cruiser they were in hit another car and crashed into a Chinese restaurant.
- Barrier beach reopens for 1st full summer in 19 years Updated: May-23-15 12:08 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A barrier beach is reopening for its first full summer season in 19 years.
- North Haven chaplain, 70, helps seafarers at Conn. ports Updated: May-23-15 3:05 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Ruth Setaro knew the man was trying to convey a serious problem.
- Plymouth ex-official sentenced to prison for embezzlement Updated: May-22-15 1:52 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A former finance director for the town of Plymouth has been sentenced to two and a half years in prison for embezzling more than $800,000.
- Prosecutor: Bridgeport police justified in fatal shooting Updated: May-20-15 9:49 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A state prosecutor says four Bridgeport police officers were justified in the fatal shooting of a 23-year-old man who authorities say pointed a gun at police during an undercover operation.
- Bridgeport man sentenced to 28 years in prison for slaying Updated: May-19-15 5:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 21-year-old Bridgeport man has been sentenced to 28 years for prison for his involvement in a drug-related killing.
- Harlem Globetrotters legend sued over child support payments Updated: May-19-15 6:57 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The ex-wife of Harlem Globetrotters legend Meadowlark Lemon is suing the basketball star for allegedly skimping on child support payments.
- Bridgeport's Pleasure Beach to reopen for season Updated: May-17-15 1:27 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The Pleasure Beach barrier island park off Bridgeport will be opening for the Memorial Day weekend with a new attraction.
- Bridgeport police say 22-year-old man found shot on street Updated: May-10-15 2:41 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Police say a 22-year-man has been fatally shot in Bridgeport after what may have been an ongoing dispute.
- College soccer player granted probation in head-butt case Updated: May-08-15 7:29 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A University of Bridgeport women's soccer player has been granted probation and will return home to England after being charged with head-butting a teammate over what police say was a perceived snub at an awards ceremony.
- Judge releases college soccer player accused of rape Updated: May-08-15 5:53 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Connecticut judge has allowed a University of Bridgeport soccer player accused of rape to go free after dropping his $50,000 bail to a promise to appear in court.
- Man spared prison for making harassing calls to Sandy Hook Updated: May-08-15 1:22 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Connecticut man won't serve prison time for making harassing calls to Newtown schools claiming the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School was fabricated.
- Man admits stealing car, fleeing with owner clinging to roof Updated: May-08-15 9:55 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has pleaded guilty to stealing a car from a grocery store, then driving away as the owner leaped onto the roof in a frantic effort to stop him.
- Police chief ordered to pay $65,000 to crash victims Updated: May-07-15 3:59 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport Police Chief Joseph Gaudett Jr. has been ordered to pay nearly $65,000 to a city couple injured when their car and Gaudett's city-owned SUV collided in 2010.
- Bridgeport man charged with raping girlfriend's daughter Updated: May-07-15 8:13 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A 26-year-old Bridgeport man has been charged with raping his girlfriend's 13-year-old daughter.
- More than 30 lawsuits filed over Connecticut rail accident Updated: May-07-15 7:16 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - More than 30 lawsuits have been filed against Metro-North Railroad over the May 2013 derailment in Bridgeport, Connecticut, than left more than 70 people injured when two commuter trains going in opposite directions collided.
- Jailed ex-mayor seeks return to Bridgeport's top job Updated: May-06-15 1:22 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Former Bridgeport Mayor Joseph Ganim (GAH'-nihm) , who served seven years in prison for bribery, wants his old job back.
- Police: College soccer player assaulted teammate over award Updated: May-06-15 10:01 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A University of Bridgeport women's soccer player has been charged with assaulting a teammate over what police say was a perceived snub at an awards ceremony.
- Police: revenge over children's breakup led to shootings Updated: May-04-15 8:44 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Police say a dispute between two families led to the fatal shooting of a 34-year-old Bridgeport man and the wounding of his 32-year-old brother on Sunday.
- Proposed ordinance targets dirt bikes, ATVs on city streets Updated: May-04-15 1:17 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A newly proposed ordinance calls for stiff penalties for those caught driving dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles on Connecticut's biggest city's streets.