- Mother blames Bridgeport police chase for son's April death Updated: May-24-16 6:45 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Connecticut mother has notified officials that she plans to file wrongful death and civil rights lawsuits against Bridgeport and its police department in connection with her son's death.
- New York man dies after state Route 8 crash with DOT truck Updated: May-20-16 4:46 am
SEYMOUR, Connecticut - State police say a New York man was killed after the box truck he was driving collided with a Connecticut Department of Transportation vehicle on state Route 8.
- NY bridge inspector arrested for falsifying safety review Updated: May-19-16 1:07 am
ALBANY, New York - A state contract bridge inspector has been charged with falsifying a safety inspection of an upstate New York bridge.
- Methadone programs help inmates treat their opioid addiction Updated: May-16-16 9:38 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - "It's like the flu times 10," Daniel said from his perch atop a plastic chair within Bridgeport Correctional Center, his temporary home.
- Police: Bridgeport man arrested for gang-related killing Updated: May-15-16 11:38 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Bridgeport man has been arrested on murder and other charges in what police are calling a gang-related killing.
- Off-duty city firefighter dies after crashing vehicle Updated: May-15-16 9:50 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - An off-duty city firefighter has died in a car crash.
- Human remains found in concrete pipe at construction site Updated: May-13-16 8:54 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Human remains have been found in a concrete pipe at a construction site in Bridgeport.
- Small Connecticut harbors feel squeezed out by deep ports Updated: May-09-16 9:48 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - City harbor officials in Norwalk- and their counterparts along the coastline -are worried about being left behind when the new Connecticut Port Authority begins its mission to restore the state's deep water ports.
- Bridgeport street renamed for girl killed in January fire Updated: May-09-16 6:46 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport officials and local firefighters gathered over the weekend to rededicate a city street in memory of a 3-year-old girl who was killed in a January fire at her home.
- Man pleads guilty to molesting teen in church bathroom Updated: May-04-16 8:12 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A New Haven man charged with sexually molesting a 13-year-old boy in the bathroom of a Bridgeport church has pleaded guilty just before his trial was about to start.
- Bridgeport man guilty of sexual assaults on granddaughter Updated: Apr-29-16 7:03 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A 64-year-old Bridgeport man is facing a sentence of more than 50 years in prison after being convicted of repeated sexual assaults on his young granddaughter.
- Teen admits to role in death of 'Grandpa of Capitol Avenue' Updated: Apr-27-16 7:04 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A 19-year-old man has pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the 2013 death of a 72-year-old man known as the "Grandpa of Capitol Avenue" in Bridgeport.
- Clinton, Trump win primaries in Connecticut Updated: Apr-26-16 11:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic primary in Connecticut, claiming a narrow victory Tuesday over U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in a state where she campaigned on pledges to address gun violence.
- Suit: Cops violated rights of man taking kids for ice cream Updated: Apr-26-16 4:30 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two Connecticut officers are accused of violating a black man's rights during a traffic stop last year when they frisked him and searched his car as his two frightened sons sat in the back seat, according to a lawsuit announced Tuesday.